Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    Someone sticky this

I've been using reck 1 gcd later on CS instead of since BT already has a 100% critrate with skullbanner allows for 2 raging blows(with berserker rage) after the cs-window inside recklessness.
    I've been meaning to do a section about alternative openers, the ones I did up are basic ones that fill the core part of the rotation, which means things such as 4 set and feather will change how it plays out.

Could you explain to me when I should use Skull Banner on Heroic Jinrohk?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knyphyn View Post
    Could you explain to me when I should use Skull Banner on Heroic Jinrohk?
    Execute phase, deal with it.

P.s. you should make the the text in your signature a link.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    How does 1 apply sunder to the boss?

Is it acceptable to ask the moonkin to apply faerie fire?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snokey View Post
    How does 1 apply sunder to the boss?

Is it acceptable to ask the moonkin to apply faerie fire?
    Glyph of Colossus Smash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirinya View Post
    Glyph of Colossus Smash.
    Hes trying to be snarky at me.

Deleted
    Pretty stupid question but I am getting mixed opinions when i try searching or googling, but I just got 4pc should I stack SB/Reck together os seperetly, 10-man btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty stupid question but I am getting mixed opinions when i try searching or googling, but I just got 4pc should I stack SB/Reck together os seperetly, 10-man btw.
    Stack. But pop reck AFTER DR unless you have feather proc and are doing the alternate opener.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Stack. But pop reck AFTER DR unless you have feather proc and are doing the alternate opener.
    Worth popping Dragon Roar with SB with 4pc since you are wasting the crit+ but not the crit dmg+?

10+ Year Old Account
    Worth popping Dragon Roar with SB with 4pc since you are wasting the crit+ but not the crit dmg+?
    Yes, even worth clipping reck if you have high enough feather stacks but that is an alternate rotation to do.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are others seeing Mastery begin to overtake Crit in value at 540+ ilvl?

Has anyone experimented with prioritising Mastery over Crit at this gear level? What are the ramifications of prioritising Mastery going forward into next tier?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glok View Post

Has anyone experimented with prioritising Mastery over Crit at this gear level? What are the ramifications of prioritising Mastery going forward into next tier?
    It's been talked about a lot. There are going to be numerous factors for WHEN the switch will occur (Gearing, tier sets, trinkets, TG/SMF, fight, etc) but it seems around ~40% crit unbuffed the SEP of mastery will overtake that of crit. We won't be getting rid of crit, rather that will function as a quasi-breakpoint. After that point crit will still be good, but we'll want mastery more. It will probably be something like mastery-crit-haste-overcap hit so all that will change is crit and mastery swap places to start. PERHAPS depending on trinkets and the legendary haste *May* overtake crit, but I find that rather unlikely. But we don't know yet, depending on how the 2/4p work too will impact gearing. Again, a lot of unknown variables.

Personally I am already seeing mastery as almost as good as crit, with a SEP of crit at .84 mastery at .76 and haste at .72.

The thing to remember is that mastery scales the best of any stat for pure damage as strength is gained. That is to say as we gain more strength, mastery becomes better and better. Mastery has a multiplicative impact with strength gains, while crit is linear. The reason crit was valued and is valued is because of what it provides on top of pure damage, extra rage, RB procs, and of course extra damage.

The other factor is enrage uptime. As this approaches 100% (or as close to it as a fight/RNG allow) mastery gains value. Already with some luck on fights that I can maintain greater than 99% uptime on the boss I've seen up to 85% enrage uptime.

All this to say, yes. At some point very soon mastery will be our preferred stat. IIRC mastery is already better for heavy AoE fights, and gains value quicker than crit on any fight with any form of AoE.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-06-18 at 06:52 AM.

With the top TG warriors around 40% crit with 5% raidbuff and 6% from a single heroic TF gaze proc it's pretty close to 53% crit cap for BT already. Recon the breakpoint will depend on the trinkets but the more crit>enrage the more mastery will be worth.

Deleted
    Top TG warriors have already reached the point where mastery overtakes crit, so the breakpoint is around 38.7% - 39.15% crit.

at 39.45% crit my stat weights were following: Mastery 0.90 Crit 0.81 and Haste 0.69

Quote Originally Posted by Glok View Post

The BIS profile for TG on simcraft uses a few mastery gems because it had hit the point where mastery started to overtake crit.

http://simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T15H.html#player26

uroe_harbinger_of_terror,id=96925,gems=320mastery_320mastery,enchant=dancing_steel

Didn't want to start a new thread for something so small, but a while ago i calced what stat rating crit would have to go down to to make gemming str/crit in reds superior for 60 str sockets, it was 87.75 or 88.75 i forget, but i hadn't simmed myself for a couple of weeks, and i simmed myself just now and Ive gone from 0.9 to 0.86. just wondering if i should change the gem in my qon weap, i don't want to change it then next time i look i see that i have to change it back -,-

amr with those stat weights confirmed that as the only 'optimization' i can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damosapien View Post
    Didn't want to start a new thread for something so small, but a while ago i calced what stat rating crit would have to go down to to make gemming str/crit in reds superior for 60 str sockets, it was 87.75 or 88.75 i forget, but i hadn't simmed myself for a couple of weeks, and i simmed myself just now and Ive gone from 0.9 to 0.86. just wondering if i should change the gem in my qon weap, i don't want to change it then next time i look i see that i have to change it back -,-

amr with those stat weights confirmed that as the only 'optimization' i can do.
    It's unfortunate but gemming is going to change tier to tier and as you get higher crit, Since you're reforging into exp its a safe bet that going exp/cit gem in your weapon is the way to go since the expertise is basically mastery after reforging.

So if you're reforging into exp then a red socket with 60 strength you go exp/crit, If your not reforging exp and your Crit SEP is lower than 0.88 then you Gem Str/crit else go straight crit.
    Last edited by Requiel; 2013-06-20 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    It's unfortunate but gemming is going to change tier to tier and as you get higher crit, Since you're reforging into exp its a safe bet that going exp/cit gem in your weapon is the way to go since the expertise is basically mastery after reforging.

So if you're reforging into exp then a red socket with 60 strength you go exp/crit, If your not reforging exp and your Crit SEP is lower than 0.88 then you Gem Str/crit else go straight crit.
    yeah i'll go str then, if i go exp i end up either at 7.99 or 7.24 expertise

I noticed you didn't touch base on an alternative rotation for Raging Wind TG replacing in filler section, WS with WW unless Bloodsurge.

Excellent guide none the less.