Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The two set bonus has no influence on white hit. The bonus only applies to special abilities used during CS.
    Easy answer on gem, if you need the Crit/Hit gem to get over soft cap for hit, go ahead and use it. If not, use full Crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I apologize if this was addressed previously. What effect, if any, does the 2 set have on the priority for white hit?

I ask this because of http://www.wowhead.com/item=103869/g...of-prides-fall.

I'm curious if the 2 set would cause white Hit to gain enough value for a Crit/Hit gem to be better than a pure Crit Gem in the instance of a Blue socket with a 60 Strength bonus, as in the item above.
    Two set doesn't affect white swings.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Two set doesn't affect white swings.

Silly question on my part. Looking at an Armory for a possible Warrior recruit and didn't realize it was last Tier's 2 set.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Easy answer on gem, if you need the Crit/Hit gem to get over soft cap for hit, go ahead and use it. If not, use full Crit.

Thanks for the solid answer.

Thanks for the help guys - I've made strides on my rotation and my DPS is better. My offhand weapon is really holding me back, but changing those gems out did make the rotation feel better.

I havne't gotten fully use to using Stormbolt yet, it seems simple but I'm always struggling to fit the last RB in before CS falls off. It is due to my trying to HS between every RB/SB. I think a keybind change might be in order. At current I have RB where Slam would be, Wlid Strike where Overpower would be and BT where Mortal Strike was and HS is in the same place of course.

My next hill to climb is AOE, I suck at that. I think I understand the jist of it. I haven't used Bladestorm yet, but I do WW and RB. I need to set up Weak Auras to show the buff I get that makes RB hit another target, I forget the name. Is that a single stack you can get from that, or can you get multiple stacks to be able to RB twice?

I noticed in another comment that someone said to Dragon Roar after your initial/opening burst CS window is complete - I use mine before I CS, and I have springs macro'd with it. Should I change this and split this macro?

Again, thanks for any help that anyone can offer, and thanks for the help already given.

Quote Originally Posted by Michh View Post

I havne't gotten fully use to using Stormbolt yet, it seems simple but I'm always struggling to fit the last RB in before CS falls off. It is due to my trying to HS between every RB/SB. I think a keybind change might be in order. At current I have RB where Slam would be, Wlid Strike where Overpower would be and BT where Mortal Strike was and HS is in the same place of course.

My next hill to climb is AOE, I suck at that. I think I understand the jist of it. I haven't used Bladestorm yet, but I do WW and RB. I need to set up Weak Auras to show the buff I get that makes RB hit another target, I forget the name. Is that a single stack you can get from that, or can you get multiple stacks to be able to RB twice?

I noticed in another comment that someone said to Dragon Roar after your initial/opening burst CS window is complete - I use mine before I CS, and I have springs macro'd with it. Should I change this and split this macro?

Again, thanks for any help that anyone can offer, and thanks for the help already given.
    Stormbolt trumps RBs in any situation especially inside CS, at least in my opinion. On the occasions where I have 1 or 2 RBs and SB available right before CS falls off, I always go for SB and save RB(s) for later. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

As for DR, I use it after Reck ends. With pre casting Shattering Throws, casting DR in it might be a gcd that doesn't benefit from it. Plus your potential trinkets procs will immensely boost your DR damage as well.

I have a couple of questions that have been bothering me. Is Glyph of Raging Wind still a mandatory for TG in single targets? I've tried with and without last couple of weeks and have yet to notice a dramatic difference (still seeing slight dps gain with glyphed whirldwinds but I maybe biased after being TG all t15)

PS: I'm new to posting but long time admirer of mmo-c class discussions. I'd like to express my thanks to Archimtiros, Collision, Jalopy and every warrior on this forum for their contributions. Please keep it up.

Just don't thank Dark, it's like feeding animals at the zoo, you don't do it unless you want to get shit on!

To answer your question, Raging Wind has always been a dps increase for Single Target as TG (whirlwind in place of non-proc WS only when you have the buff ofcourse).
    A couple of caveats to that however:
    1) It overly complicates the rotation. I am a fan of anything that makes life easier, especially for non top tier players (though I don't bother either). Its one more thing to track and look out for. These days we use WS less, since almost all BT and most CS crit and we have SB in the rotation too. Also leads to...
    2) It is an extremely minor ST dps gain (using that proc). So little that IMO, given the higher complexity, it really doesn't matter.

That said it is theoretically an increase and if you find it easy to keep track of and pull off, go for it. Most of my play is complete muscle memory though and it even screws me up sometimes. I hit BT followed by CS sometimes I don't even register that BT didn't crit! I'm not going to waste time or thoughts on such a minor gain. If you can, more power to you!

Deleted
    Not to mention we have tons of other glyphs that really help on several encounters ('sup enraged speed)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Just don't thank Dark, it's like feeding animals at the zoo, you don't do it unless you want to get shit on!

To answer your question, Raging Wind has always been a dps increase for Single Target as TG (whirlwind in place of non-proc WS only when you have the buff ofcourse).
    A couple of caveats to that however:
    1) It overly complicates the rotation. I am a fan of anything that makes life easier, especially for non top tier players (though I don't bother either). Its one more thing to track and look out for. These days we use WS less, since almost all BT and most CS crit and we have SB in the rotation too. Also leads to...
    2) It is an extremely minor ST dps gain (using that proc). So little that IMO, given the higher complexity, it really doesn't matter.

That said it is theoretically an increase and if you find it easy to keep track of and pull off, go for it. Most of my play is complete muscle memory though and it even screws me up sometimes. I hit BT followed by CS sometimes I don't even register that BT didn't crit! I'm not going to waste time or thoughts on such a minor gain. If you can, more power to you!
    I went to a zoo today. Only had one animal, a dog.

It was a shih tzu.

I love you too Darkfriend so please don't shit on me <3

Thanks for the swift reply Arch. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of WW but I'm at the point where I'm too used to using it so it doesn't bother me anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michh View Post
    DR was moved to the end when feather came in as you would have near max stacks by then but in SoO there isn't a stacking trinket so its fine using it at the start, if you use it at the end you will most likely clip it with recklessness or drop it outside Skull banner, unless you're really good with timing and low latency you can try the alternative opener

Deleted
    With very high ilvls, simcraft tells you that mastery is like 20-25% better than strength (and 10% better than crit), so why are so many high end warriors still using strength enchants on gloves and bracers? I was wondering if simcraft is trustable on that.

The value of Strength and Mastery fluctuates depending on how the rest of your gear evolves. Two weeks ago, the value for Mastery for me was at 1.15, but last week it was down to 0.98 after a few item uppgrades, so you can expect to see a vary big variance in the way top end warrior enchant their gear. In full BiS gear, the value of Mastery has surpassed it of strenght, so once we get more in full BiS, you'll see more going for the mastery enchants.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

What Sarri said. To elaborate, mastery was 1.01 str for me, now I think it's 1.07. But it could just as easily dip below Str.
    Either way it's a minor difference, but for a few tenths of a percent it simply doesn't matter. Once I swap to my H tier gloves and get new bracers I'll put Mastery on there, until then I don't really care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    The value of Strength and Mastery fluctuates depending on how the rest of your gear evolves. Two weeks ago, the value for Mastery for me was at 1.15, but last week it was down to 0.98 after a few item uppgrades, so you can expect to see a vary big variance in the way top end warrior enchant their gear. In full BiS gear, the value of Mastery has surpassed it of strenght, so once we get more in full BiS, you'll see more going for the mastery enchants.
    The thing is you need to account for Thoks. So the 170 mastery is really 170 x whatever thok % increase, in my case since I have shitty 548 flex it'd be 6.6% or like 179 or w/e.

10+ Year Old Account

I am curious about a few things relating to the 2 Set bonus:

(a) If I remember correctly, I read in the Arms guide thread that the bonus equated to 30 rage during the CS window. How does that figure come about? Do HS's and HL qualify as rage-producing 'Special attacks'? If so, the figure should be higher, no? Maybe this was just for Arms, I'm not sure.

(b) What are the implications of this bonus for our rotation? Meaning, does this mean we try to spam more HS's during that window? Frankly I don't think I can get any more than 4 in regardless. Does it mean we lower our rage threshold coming INTO the CS window? My understanding at this point is that previously, something like 50 rage was the notional threshold for those with less than stellar rage management, and about 80 for those who are better at watching this - if not specifically for the CS, but generally. So does the bonus mean those figures are lowered? Or does it mean you should be looking to hit more WS's coming out of the window, for example? Or...whatever.

(c) When you also factor in high damage and Berserker Stance, what should we be looking to do then? Will we be getting more rage than we can use?

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Darkfriend;22983393]You don't save charges w/ galakras trinket + SB anymore. Not sure if you have EEoG though.

- - - Updated - - -

THIS was interesting as I hadn't considered it yet - still chasing the trinket.

Just to confirm, as it makes sense, thinking about it: so you all agree with this? We can rely on gaining sufficient RB's from the CS window alone (incl the prelim. BT) such that we can use all RB charges which come up prior to the window?
    Last edited by Rabbia73; 2013-10-29 at 07:27 AM. Reason: clarity

A) You get 5 rage for each special (yellow/triggered ability) attack used within CS (including the initial CS). For Arms, depending on your rotation you will get anywhere from 25 (CS + 4GCD if your only using Slam) to ~40 (CS + 4 OP + MS + 2 HS). For Fury you should always use 4 GCD and 3-4 HS inside CS, giving you a maximum of 45 rage (CS + 4GCD + 4 HS). Heroic Leap DOES give you 5 rage as well, though unless you have CDR trinket and Glyph, you will not fit one inside each CS. I would count that extra 5 rage from HL as bonus more than anything else, and not worry too much about getting it every time. Its good on static fights, but for the movement centric fights I much more prefer its utility.

B) It doesn't change anything for Fury really, except makes the rotation easier (require less rage going into the CS window to get all 4 HS/more rage avail to use outside of the CS window). You can feel safer hitting a few extra WS/HS, but by no means should you spam them.

C) With high enough rage income (Thok) you simply continue the rotation as normal, and spam HS as rage allows. During free GCDs obviously use WS as well. During Execute phase you can simply spam execute, even Execute + HS sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

To your updates:

If you have a high enough Galakras trinket (I think atleast normal mode) you will fit SB into each CS and no longer need to "pool" RBs. This is because you will only be using 2 RBs (+1 SB) instead of 3 RB's during each CS.

The rotation as I detailed above is something like:
    BT (crit/1 RB charge) - CS - RB - BT (crit/1 RB charge) - SB - RB (CS end) - BT

If CS crit as well it would go:
    BT (crit/1) - CS (crit/2) - RB - BT (crit/2) - SB - RB (1/CS end) - BT (2)

Thank you for the response Arch.

So now then, coming into a CS window, pre BT, what level of rage are you looking to have?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbia73 View Post
    Thank you for the response Arch.

So now then, coming into a CS window, pre BT, what level of rage are you looking to have?
    Depends on what you're comfortable with. I can go into a CS with 40 rage or 80 rage and never run into rage issues.
    Ex top 20 world Warrior. Now casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great new guide man!