Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellianara View Post
    And another was one of Meteo's old DPS logs for Malkorok 10H (which I can no longer find).
    No wonder you haven't found a log of me being fury for malkorok. I wasn't in our setup for the first 2 kills and afterwards I had to tank

I wish I could enjoy fury a bit more but tanking isn't as bad as it used to be.

Like darkfiend has already said, at a high enough gear level, you won't have many free GCDs and higher rage generation due to more BT crits.

EDIT: No, I won't edit to insert a r for you... you are and will always be evil!

Dark, can you explain what you mean when you say, "as long as you don't use it at the wrong time", concerning HS vs. WS, outside of CS window.

I have another question concerning trinkets. I have Normal Thok's, Normal Fusion and Heroic EEoG.

When I swap to Arms for AOE fights, which trinket should I lose when swapping to Fusion for the cleave? or, should I change at all. I've learned how to sim, but I don't know enough about it to simulate for an AOE fight and make it a fair comparison.

I swapped to Fury when I got a second two handed weapon, and I don't think my DPS is as good as it should be. I made a mistake by going Arms for too long, learning the fights with the Arms rotation and all of the ins and outs, then going Fury and almost having to relearn when to do what and how, when, and on which boss.

If anyone would look at some of my logs and give me any pointers on what I can improve on, it would be greatly appreciated. I notice I sometimes let Blood thirst sit while I either burn rage or RB's before I can use it, sometimes this happens multiple times. I am often rage capped, have BS procs and BT's off CD. It seems there's just too many buttons to mash and not enough time to mash them.

What I need to learn is priority, and what matters the most and when it matters. Maybe somebody looking at the logs can discern if I need to use XX more, and then I can make that a priority. I also know, even though I'm 562 ilvl, that my crit is kinda low at ~35%, hopefully I can get better itemized pieces in the future.

worldoflogs/guilds/281104/ - I can't post links, please copy and paste this in. It's "Metro" guild on Stormrage, US, server.

My character name is Michh. I used Arms for Galakras, but there's plenty of parses with me in Fury. I'm really trying to cross over the hump and tighten up my DPS output. I think I have the jist of it, hopefully I can get a little help that'll make a difference concerning the little things I am missing.

Thanks again for any help that can be given, by anyone.

Not a lot of time so only a short answer although I'm not our beloved fiend.

HS vs WS outside of CS: Only use HS to prevent rage capping. The rage is better spent on a WS in a "free" (Shout, ht, nothing) GCD.

I found the cleave trinket to be quite lackluster. The other two trinkets are just amazing. I prefer reliable over good rng cleave. Sadly there aren't a lot of fights which would prefer arms over fury anyway. Protectors: depending on tactics. Galakras: Depends on your raid: do the adds die? if yes stay fury for the boss. Shamans: Again tactics but most people split them = fury. Spoils: Close one both are good. Garrosh: same situation as Galakras.

Only delay BT if you screwed up earlier and have 2 RB stacks, during CS sub 20% (4x exe) or delay it for 0.5 if you have a bloodsurge procc (e.g. BT RB WS WS BT)

Hope this helps a bit.

The cleave trinket should have just been named "Use only on Galakras and Trash."

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    The cleave trinket should have just been named "Use only on Galakras and Trash."
    I thought that was Arms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I thought that was Arms?
    "Use only on Galakras and Trash, with a twist of Arms."
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    I've updated the stats weights just to make it more clear, but you need a high crit rating (35%+) to make mastery > str

I'm a bit uncertain about this still. If the Stats Priority on Page 1 has been updated, then it seems you are saying that with Tier 16 Norm we should stick with the Strength enchant on gloves. That is my gear to this point, but on the other hand I have approx. 41% Crit, unbuffed. It also seems that the original poster hasn't changed to Mastery, despite being advised he can switch now, so....is it Mastery or no?
    My Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Rabbia/simple
    Tks for any clarification.
    Last edited by Rabbia73; 2013-11-26 at 03:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbia73 View Post
    I'm a bit uncertain about this still. If the Stats Priority on Page 1 has been updated, then it seems you are saying that with Tier 16 Norm we should stick with the Strength enchant on gloves. That is my gear to this point, but on the other hand I have approx. 41% Crit, unbuffed. It also seems that the original poster hasn't changed to Mastery, despite being advised he can switch now, so....is it Mastery or no?
    Sim it. It's close by any accounts. Req is prolly just lazy.

It's mainly once you have decent crit and thoks trinket.

I see Landsoul and Soy still got strength enchants on their bracers and gloves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    I see Landsoul and Soy still got strength enchants on their bracers and gloves?
    Guess that means we should all change......

(pst....they are roughly equal in stat weight. Use whatever is cheaper.)

It's not super complex. Sim your character. If mastery is higher than Str; use mastery enchants. If str is higher than mastery, use Str enchants. General rule of thumb is lower ilvl = Str.
    When in doubt, use Str. Many people still use Str enchants simply because they are too lazy or don't care. It really its an extremely small difference in dps gain. To be fair, at a certain point, Crit potions are better than Flasks; but I'll be damned if I'm going to use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's not super complex. Sim your character. If mastery is higher than Str; use mastery enchants. If str is higher than mastery, use Str enchants. General rule of thumb is lower ilvl = Str.
    When in doubt, use Str. Many people still use Str enchants simply because they are too lazy or don't care. It really its an extremely small difference in dps gain. To be fair, at a certain point, Crit potions are better than Flasks; but I'll be damned if I'm going to use them.
    Ye it's like 1k strength v 1024 SEP using a crit elixer. But a pain in the ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was assuming that the guy was TG for that estimate, you're SMF and mastery should never over take strength. The stat weights are broad and assuming that you follow close to the BiS slots for that tier, in your case you have a lot of high crit gear. That guy might not have changed because he didn't want to pay for new enchants yet or simed his own character and found that for his specific gear it wasn't worth it. Assumptions (towards gear) are a bitch and I can't make list stat weights that are perfect for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was assuming that the guy was TG for that estimate, you're SMF and mastery should never over take strength. The stat weights are broad and assuming that you follow close to the BiS slots for that tier, in your case you have a lot of high crit gear. That guy might not have changed because he didn't want to pay for new enchants yet or simed his own character and found that for his specific gear it wasn't worth it. Assumptions (towards gear) are a bitch and I can't make list stat weights that are perfect for everyone.

Bloody aussies not being able to make everything perfect.

/hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post

/hug.
    I blame Darkfriend.
    Tyranny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakesterwars View Post
    I blame Darkfriend.
    You wana blame darkfiend. That's the guy who gets all the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post

/hug.
    Well he's not the only Australian here.

I forgot to mention in the original, that what prompted me to post in the first place was that I had a cursory look at AMR (which I think is...pretty good and copped an unwarranted level of criticism in the past) and noticed that it was saying Strength on the gloves in my case.

As for the weaps, I have one Greatsword and have been hanging out for another or, even better, Garrosh axe. But the RNG this expansion has been incredibly bad - seriously a Gal kill EVERY week since the get-go, PLUS coin every time, PLUS Flex, all without one drop, yet FOUR sets of shoulders I don't want? Pffft.

Anyway okay thank you all for straightening that out. I do have to say though: someone seriously "can't afford" the enchant? It's bugger all, and at this stage I'd have thought most people would be rolling in g, it's that easy to obtain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do have to say though: someone seriously "can't afford" the enchant? It's bugger all, and at this stage I'd have thought most people would be rolling in g, it's that easy to obtain.
    You would be surprised at how poor some high end raiders are and the fiasco that came with it (windsong and dancing steel in 5.2-5.3)
    Last edited by Requiel; 2013-11-27 at 09:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would be surprised at how poor some high end raiders are and the fiasco that came with it (windsong and dancing steal in 5.2-5.3)
    Please don't remind me. That was an awful time frame.
    Tyranny

15+ Year Old Account
    Trying to get a good feel for my DPS and how I'm doing relative to my gear and what's available to me.

So today on Malkorok (LFR) I did 180k dps, no determination (no dmg buff), and on Thok (LFR) I did 177k dps, no determination either. My ilvl is 539, no legendary cloak.

Armory is in sig.

I feel confident that I'm doing the best that I can rotation wise, I prepot, and my gear is all enchanted and up to snuff. I don't upgrade my lower ilvl epics, waste of VP IMO.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE