Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Do you still delay your opener by 1-2 BT cycles or is that a thing of the past with feather gone and 2pc rage gain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    Do you still delay your opener by 1-2 BT cycles or is that a thing of the past with feather gone and 2pc rage gain?
    Generally, to let trinkets proc.

Guys, I need some help.

I haven't played my dps spec since forever so I'm a bit rusty concerning some aspect of Theorycraft.
    Some guy posted some numbers from nowhere on eu/fr forums and I have not enough sim/data to really argue on some points.

The main question is "is it worth it to swap TG->SMF during a fight on some fights in SoO ?"
    First, has someone (Collision, I guess? ) an up-to-date comparison of mono-target dps between SMF and TG for the >20% phase and for the <20% phase?
    Obviously, there is a key point where the discrepancy is large enough so that for a long enough exec phase the swap is worth it. I'm intending to determine where we stand now (meaning, with the current SMF vs TG comparison, how long should the exec phase lasts for it to be worth it.)

Also, I think he's at least correct for IJ. If you do the "stack far away from the boss for entire p2", I don't see any good reason not to swap TG->SMF during the last p2. Am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbers aside, one of the reasons why TG is preferred over SMF right now (even with same ilvl weapons) is because of how hard you hit with Stormbolt inside of CS; not to mention better aoe overall outside of Arms. Especially if you have EEoG, the damage will overtake what you do as SMF with the same set up.

On a personal note: I just like TG over SMF anyways. Feels more brutal.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakesterwars View Post
    Numbers aside, one of the reasons why TG is preferred over SMF right now (even with same ilvl weapons) is because of how hard you hit with Stormbolt inside of CS; not to mention better aoe overall outside of Arms. Especially if you have EEoG, the damage will overtake what you do as SMF with the same set up.

On a personal note: I just like TG over SMF anyways. Feels more brutal.
    That and scaling. I can't see a reason to ever swap, even for like IJ. Especially since the timing probably will change week by week, waste of valor, and the reforges will probably not line up.

10+ Year Old Account
    TLDR;

TG is master race for warriors. GG.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    We overlap banner occasionally on Thok, so I thought it'd be a good case to look at.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...0&end=10202445

That's the event view of Brakthir dropping banner, and then myself dropping banner 2 seconds before his fell off. The first shriek after I drop mine will have 2 demo banners on the boss.

I checked to ensure no other defensive buffs were up, there are none at this point in time.

Pre-brakthir banner: 412898 + 51832 = 464,730 damage
    Post-Brakthir banner: 422,565 (0.9 * 464,730 = 418,257)
    Expected damage from 2x banner: 418,257 * 0.9 = 376,431
    Actual damage taken from 2x banner: 425,781

That's fairly convincing evidence that demo banners do not stack, imo. It's not quite 100%, but it's damn close.
    From all i read and tested myself DR stacking works multiplicativ.
    100% - ((100%-DR1%) * (100%-DR2%) * (100%-DRN%)) = DR%

So Stacking both Banners should give you 19% DR IF both players are in range of both banners AND the mob is in range of both banners.

Since Deafening screen has a range of DMG (xxx to yyy) it deals i guess its hard to figure out if the banners do in this case.
    Last edited by mmoc51b1e9c51e; 2014-02-07 at 08:05 PM.

The guide says BS and Engi are the best for prof, but aint tailoring better than BS ? If we are speaking fury/dmg spec.

Deleted
    I feel like I need some extra info on the CS sunder glyph.

Which classes actively sunder the target?

The glyph's I use are: Heroic Leap, Unending Rage, and I like to use Bull rush most of the time. However, I'd need to get rid of Bull rush for the CS glyph.

After 3 CS's or after 1 minute that's 12% less armor on a boss. Is that 12% extra damage? Probably not, I don't know how it works.

Of course I want to help out my raid, but is it a dps loss for me?

Feral tanks and prot warriors. That is all.
    And no, it is not even a dps loss for you, because sunders >>> (and I can't emphasize it more) bull rush.

Hunters can also get a pet that applies 3stacks of sunder to all targets in an AoE around it, making that the best applier of sunder, if you don't need the pet for other buffs for your raid. Regarding the CS glyph, always use it if you don't have a prot warrior or Feral/guardian druid, or if your hunter can use a Sunder pet. What I personally do is that I ask either our boomkin or Resto Druid to do a FF on the pull, then I'll just refresh the duration of it every time I CS, that way we get a full stack instantly and we don't need to sunder twice before we start our opener.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues apply it too, right?

Well yeah, but their "sunder" is even worse than warriors'.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjl View Post
    Well yeah, but their "sunder" is even worse than warriors'.
    Rogue's can apply all three stacks (when glyphed) of sunder with minimal energy and they gain a CP from it. The only advantage to having a dps warrior apply sunder over a rogue is that the warrior sunder is part of the natural rotation (again, when glyphed).

As far as the pets that sunder, I have a weak aura that shows me when sunder is applied from any source. This aura displays when a raptor is in the raid. It was my understanding that raptors apply a 4% increased physical damage debuff and not an armor debuff. Does the game count these two debuffs as one and the same or can you benefit from both?

Physical vulnerability debuff: Boar, Exotic worm, Ravager and Exotic rhino.
    Armor debuff: Tallstrider and Raptor.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Rogue's can apply all three stacks (when glyphed) of sunder with minimal energy and they gain a CP from it. The only advantage to having a dps warrior apply sunder over a rogue is that the warrior sunder is part of the natural rotation (again, when glyphed).
    So? How does that differ from what I've said?

Glyph+energy+gcd, how is that not the worst sunder?

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie21 View Post
    From all i read and tested myself DR stacking works multiplicativ.
    100% - ((100%-DR1%) * (100%-DR2%) * (100%-DRN%)) = DR%

So Stacking both Banners should give you 19% DR IF both players are in range of both banners AND the mob is in range of both banners.

Since Deafening screen has a range of DMG (xxx to yyy) it deals i guess its hard to figure out if the banners do in this case.
    The damage range isn't large enough to account for Thok hitting me harder with 2 banners up than he did with one banner.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjl View Post
    So? How does that differ from what I've said?

Glyph+energy+gcd, how is that not the worst sunder?
    Rogue's only need the Glyph to apply three stacks at once, Rogue's CAN apply three stacks at once, Rogue's gain a resource from the application. There are pros and cons to both warrior and rogue sunders, I wouldn't say one is any worse than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Physical vulnerability debuff: Boar, Exotic worm, Ravager and Exotic rhino.
    Armor debuff: Tallstrider and Raptor.
    Thanks for clearing that up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    The damage range isn't large enough to account for Thok hitting me harder with 2 banners up than he did with one banner.
    Look at the numbers your log shows and the ones you picked from it for your example. i could easily pick another (the very first screech that hit you for 427k) to let your test get totally confusing. because that would be the same amount of dmg you took when 1 banner was up and again the same amount with 2 banners up. So that would mean the banner has essentially no DR.

When you look for the variation of deafening screech dont look inside the dungeon journal. Just look at your log. The DG is talking about (around) 5% variation. When i look at your numbers the gap is much wider:

2. banner up:
    weakest hit: 385k
    hardest hit: 430k.

thats 12% variation in dmg output. And it coud be the reason you get unexpected numbers.

i till think the dmg of this particular source varies too much to give you an idea of how DR stacking really works internally.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie21 View Post
    Look at the numbers your log shows and the ones you picked from it for your example. i could easily pick another (the very first screech that hit you for 427k) to let your test get totally confusing. because that would be the same amount of dmg you took when 1 banner was up and again the same amount with 2 banners up. So that would mean the banner has essentially no DR.

When you look for the variation of deafening screech dont look inside the dungeon journal. Just look at your log. The DG is talking about (around) 5% variation. When i look at your numbers the gap is much wider:

2. banner up:
    weakest hit: 385k
    hardest hit: 430k.

thats 12% variation in dmg output. And it coud be the reason you get unexpected numbers.

i till think the dmg of this particular source varies too much to give you an idea of how DR stacking really works internally.
    That 385k hit had 32k absorbed, so 417k hit total.