Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    ... Cleave + Cleave (agi).
    i guess that would depend very much on the fight, as with eeog on galakras you can BS every pack which i guess is more than double-cleave, esp cause BS probably will yield the most cleave-procs (esp. whit high gear lvls and adds dying like its lfr).

As for the weapon-enchant topic, collision, could you do a simulation on BiS-Items but with 574 ilvl (for us 10-man raiders who are just so unlucky on wf stuff ^^).
    I'm sitting on non-wf bis and would be neat to have an idea as to how this'll work out befor it hits live (if you can spare the time i would very much appreceate it!)

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    With 4/4 upgrades on everything, we will swap back to DS/DS with 750 crit elixir and 300 mastery food.
    What if full 4/4 + no elixir/mast food? Because some of us don't go the extra millimeter for those sickxnasty farm parses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    As for the weapon-enchant topic, collision, could you do a simulation on BiS-Items but with 574 ilvl (for us 10-man raiders who are just so unlucky on wf stuff ^^).
    We haven't had a single WF weapon drop yet and don't get me started on still not having a heroic TTT

Fuck 10man!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mara403 View Post
    And for aoe, do you want to keep ur TTT and cleave trinket or EEoG and cleave trinket?
    Good question with all that upgrade/scaling. My gut tells me in a fight like Galakras with another +4 and close to BiS/BiS probably aint worth using the cleave trinket at all cause everything already melts atm. I guess someone will have some numbers to give you a definite answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Fuck 10man!
    Ye it sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit using cleave talents (bloodbath) and trinket a few weeks ago because the ads just die too quickly. With 2 more upgrades, I imagine it will only get worse.

Am I do something wrong? Because windsong is showing alot lower dps for me than dancing steel.

Dancing Steel:

head=helmet_of_the_prehistoric_marauder,id=99418,upgrade=2,gems=capacitive_primal_160exp_1 60crit_180str
    neck=malkoroks_tainted_dog_tags,id=105566,upgrade=2,reforge=mastery_exp
    shoulders=krugruks_rigid_shoulderplates,id=105490,upgrade=2,gems=320crit_320crit_120str,en chant=200str_100crit,reforge=hit_crit
    back=gonglu_strength_of_xuen,id=102249,upgrade=2,gems=320crit,enchant=180crit,addon=goblin _glider,reforge=haste_exp
    chest=breastplate_of_shamanic_mirrors,id=105532,upgrade=2,gems=160exp_160crit_160exp_160cr it_320crit_180str,enchant=80all,reforge=mastery_exp
    shirt=wraps_of_the_bloodsoaked_brawler,id=98543
    tabard=hellscreams_reach_tabard,id=63378
    wrists=bracers_of_blind_hatred,id=105456,upgrade=2,gems=320crit,enchant=170mastery
    hands=gauntlets_of_the_prehistoric_marauder,id=99412,upgrade=2,gems=320crit_320crit_320cri t,enchant=170mastery,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii,reforge=hit_mastery
    waist=ashen_wall_girdle,id=105533,upgrade=2,gems=320crit_320crit_320crit,addon=nitro_boost s,reforge=hit_crit
    legs=legplates_of_willful_doom,id=104569,upgrade=2,gems=320crit_320crit_320crit,enchant=28 5str_165crit
    feet=wolfrider_spurs,id=105531,upgrade=2,gems=320crit_60crit,enchant=140mastery,reforge=ha ste_mastery
    finger1=seal_of_the_forgotten_kings,id=105589,upgrade=2,gems=320crit,reforge=haste_mastery
    finger2=bloodclaw_band,id=105534,upgrade=2,gems=320crit_60haste,reforge=hit_crit
    trinket1=thoks_tail_tip,id=104613,upgrade=2,gems=-300str_300mastery
    trinket2=evil_eye_of_galakras,id=104495,upgrade=2,gems=-1000str_750crit
    main_hand=greatsword_of_prides_fall,id=105479,upgrade=2,gems=320crit,enchant=dancing_steel ,reforge=haste_mastery
    off_hand=greatsword_of_prides_fall,id=105479,upgrade=2,gems=320crit,enchant=dancing_steel, reforge=haste_exp

Windsong:

head=helmet_of_the_prehistoric_marauder,id=99418,upgrade=2,gems=capacitive_primal_160exp_1 60crit_180str
    neck=malkoroks_tainted_dog_tags,id=105566,upgrade=2,reforge=mastery_exp
    shoulders=krugruks_rigid_shoulderplates,id=105490,upgrade=2,gems=320crit_320crit_120str,en chant=200str_100crit,reforge=hit_crit
    back=gonglu_strength_of_xuen,id=102249,upgrade=2,gems=320crit,enchant=180crit,addon=goblin _glider,reforge=haste_exp
    chest=breastplate_of_shamanic_mirrors,id=105532,upgrade=2,gems=160exp_160crit_160exp_160cr it_320crit_180str,enchant=80all,reforge=mastery_exp
    shirt=wraps_of_the_bloodsoaked_brawler,id=98543
    tabard=hellscreams_reach_tabard,id=63378
    wrists=bracers_of_blind_hatred,id=105456,upgrade=2,gems=320crit,enchant=170mastery
    hands=gauntlets_of_the_prehistoric_marauder,id=99412,upgrade=2,gems=320crit_320crit_320cri t,enchant=170mastery,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii,reforge=hit_mastery
    waist=ashen_wall_girdle,id=105533,upgrade=2,gems=320crit_320crit_320crit,addon=nitro_boost s,reforge=hit_crit
    legs=legplates_of_willful_doom,id=104569,upgrade=2,gems=320crit_320crit_320crit,enchant=28 5str_165crit
    feet=wolfrider_spurs,id=105531,upgrade=2,gems=320crit_60crit,enchant=140mastery,reforge=ha ste_mastery
    finger1=seal_of_the_forgotten_kings,id=105589,upgrade=2,gems=320crit,reforge=haste_mastery
    finger2=bloodclaw_band,id=105534,upgrade=2,gems=320crit_60haste,reforge=hit_crit
    trinket1=thoks_tail_tip,id=104613,upgrade=2,gems=-300str_300mastery
    trinket2=evil_eye_of_galakras,id=104495,upgrade=2,gems=-1000str_750crit
    main_hand=greatsword_of_prides_fall,id=105479,upgrade=2,gems=320crit,enchant=windsong,refo rge=haste_mastery
    off_hand=greatsword_of_prides_fall,id=105479,upgrade=2,gems=320crit,enchant=windsong,refor ge=haste_exp

Im kinda new to changing stats like this in sim-c so would really appricate if someone could help me if Im doing something wrong ^^
    The 2 gems on the trinkets are for crit elixir and mastery food.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...okton/advanced

Edit: Im not sure why there is alot of random spaces added to the code when you read it, because its not written like that in the post :S
    Last edited by Rokton; 2014-05-16 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Look at the line:
    MH too:
    off_hand=greatsword_of_prides_fall,id=105479,upgrade=2,gems=320crit,enchant=windsong,refor ge=haste_exp

You put a space in reforge.

Here are the results:
    432863 DS/DS
    433103 WS/DS
    433484 WS/WS
    Last edited by sjsctt; 2014-05-16 at 05:55 PM.

I dont have space in the lines, its some strange bug on mmo-c, in my post there is no lines but on the forum add it for some reason. It seems to be around the same place on every line in the post

But thx for simming it for me so I can see ur numbers, I gonna join the double windsong club then

Edit: After looking some more I can actually see that its after 90 symbols on each line that it adds a space
    This is how it looks from my side:
    Last edited by Rokton; 2014-05-16 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    What if full 4/4 + no elixir/mast food? Because some of us don't go the extra millimeter for those sickxnasty farm parses.
    Sim it yourself lazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Sim it yourself lazy!
    I didn't get to where I am today by doing things myself, as Collision will vouch.

I'll update my BiS list once AMR makes me able to upgrade to 4/4. It's too much work trying to guess all the reforges/gems on my own.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

E: Actually nevermind since EEoG > TTT so obviously replacing EEoG w/PBoI would obviously be worse since the proc is useless.
    Last edited by Jalopy; 2014-05-17 at 12:35 AM.

Rockton, make sure you are using the latest version of simcraft. We had to move our downloads to another server relatively recently, so check here :

http://www.simulationcraft.org/download.html

If you're using an older version there are quite a few (Mostly minor) things that have been fixed/improved, which when added together shift crit/mastery stat values up 5-10%.

with terribly itemized gear with some pieces still normal (~574, 40% crit), how viable do you think the green curry fish food is? I'll probably be checking in a bit just for funs.

Deleted
    I did quite a few sims (100k iterations) for my warrior that has 575 ilvl, 41.42% crit unbuffed and found out the following:

DS/DS/str flask/str food = 412092 dps
    WS/WS/str flask/str food = 412569 dps
    DS/DS/crit elixir/str food = 413209 dps
    DS/DS/crit elixir/mastery food = 413399 dps -> so mastery food is about 200 dps increase for me
    WS/WS/crit elixir/mastery food = 413673 dps -> around 1.6k dps increase in total from what i started with

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enzoo/advanced

Well I know it's not much, but thanks for the heads up.

Warcraft logs makes fury look like not actually one of the best melee spec at the top end, well, it's just that the rankings for like feral, enhance, combat are a good deal higher and then subtlety and assasination actually come close too and top fury with some rankings. That sorta makes sense for rogues because they are the pure melee dps spec, should probably do the most potential, but feral and enhance is pretty ludicrous, more than I thought. Windwalkers seem about even if only slightly less competitive maybe than Fury.

Without squeezing every bit out of a class though Fury is probably easier to pull better dps than your other class guildies, it's just the last x% as fury that is pretty damn hard to get out because of ridiculous micromanagement required (heroic leaping on colossus smash, never capping fury by spamming heroic strike enough during high periods of rage, etc).

Of course I am glad fury is not on par with the dumpster unh/frost/ret/arms lol.

The reason why Fury can't compete for the absolute top ranks on most fights is due to the fact that we use two ICD trinkets, where as a lot of other specs use only one or non, in favor or RPPM trinkets. By opting in for RPPM trinkets you have that small chance of getting ludicrous uptimes on the trinkets, and therefor the top-end gets inflated by a huge amount.

PS: The "Dumpster" specs are all within 5%-10% of the top specs, and a good player can reach the top by playing any of them. (May be referring to me)
    Last edited by Warriorsarri; 2014-05-18 at 06:16 PM.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys can laugh at this, but I truly believe DPS is more balanced than ever right now. Like sarri said, the 'dumpster' dps are within a few % of the top. Fury is in a great spot, relatively. Enjoy riding high, because you know the buff nerf cycle will continue in 6.0. Use this time to garner faith in guild leadership

5-10% is kind of a lot (When people do 400k+), but the lower specs are at least easier to optimize so it makes sense they have lower potential (just imo, those specs are easier to optimize than the higher end specs for sure).

I wonder if blizz takes into account trinket's effects on potential dps balancing, or if they even try very hard to balance that at all besides the big outliers where a few specs are just far and away terrible or amazing by like ~20%+

On another note I am very glad they are removing dot snapshotting, such a stupid thing especially with ICD trinkets, feels like you are just praying you get procs at the right time or fast enough. Sure it takes its own kind of skill, but they shouldn't make it that kind of skill that decides the damage of skills that much. Not to mention you become stingy on helping with trash if your ICDs are finished on a trash pull before a boss lol, cause you know no one's gonna wait for your CDs or it'll definitely be annoying to a lot of people to keep asking to wait just cause you want to have a clean fight and see what u can pull :>.
    Last edited by Chaosblade; 2014-05-18 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosblade View Post
    5-10% is kind of a lot (When people do 400k+), but the lower specs are at least easier to optimize so it makes sense they have lower potential (just imo, those specs are easier to optimize than the higher end specs for sure).

I wonder if blizz takes into account trinket's effects on potential dps balancing, or if they even try very hard to balance that at all besides the big outliers where a few specs are just far and away terrible or amazing by like ~20%+

On another note I am very glad they are removing dot snapshotting, such a stupid thing especially with ICD trinkets, feels like you are just praying you get procs at the right time or fast enough. Sure it takes its own kind of skill, but they shouldn't make it that kind of skill that decides the damage of skills that much. Not to mention you become stingy on helping with trash if your ICDs are finished on a trash pull before a boss lol, cause you know no one's gonna wait for your CDs or it'll definitely be annoying to a lot of people to keep asking to wait just cause you want to have a clean fight and see what u can pull :>.
    DPS balancing is a alot harder than people realize. 10% is not as large as it seems, especially for where we are in the game. Also consider a whole lot more than simple balancing of the specs comes into play, such as mechanics. Many classes will shine higher than others simply because the mechanics play to their favor.