Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpsmash View Post
    The expansion isn't even halfdone on the beta right now. Class mechanics aren't in place, never mind actual class balance or number tunings. Raid testing is underway, but mythic is still a while off, and the opening cinematic hasn't even been shown yet.

I think we're looking at 4 months.
    Mid october. Early november, latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Mid october. Early november, latest.
    Somewhere between the 15th and the 25th of november is my bet. 5 gold to the winner!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpsmash View Post
    Somewhere between the 15th and the 25th of november is my bet. 5 gold to the winner!
    Nah, If it's November I'd bet it'd be two weeks before Blizzcon, so Mythic opens the Tuesday after Blizzcon.

one topic I havent seen (for the little time I've been around these forums), is dumping rage before bladestorms.

At high gear level and always a medium pool of rage laying around, the generation is absurd during bladestorm(+shout).

Lately I've taken the time to consciously try to dump most of my rage (to about 20 lets say) when I'm about to do a bladestorm with an available shout inside. I know we cancel bladestorm and all but I used to notice many times that I'd overcap rage during bladestorm still.

What do you guys think about that?

Use a HS or two before BS?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Nah, If it's November I'd bet it'd be two weeks before Blizzcon, so Mythic opens the Tuesday after Blizzcon.
    Guess I won by proximity, 5 gold please.

Hello, I've read this guide and the one on Icy-Veins. However I have a question regarding Icy-Veins guide; they tell me to always have atleast 1 stack of RB when entering CS-debuff, why is that? I can understand that you want to be enraged during CS which is hard at lower gear levels (511 on my warr atm), but I just dont get it why you alwasy want 1 RB during CS. Why not 2? Why not 0 and hope for procs?

EDIT: SimC also simulated for me that about 27% of my time "casting" something is used on Wild Strike for optimal dps, why is that? I rarely use WS except for high rage times during CS (together with a HS) when everything else is on CD and when my rage is too high outside CS when I got a free GCD. Someone clarify please. I obviosuly use it on Bloodsurge procs when my priority allows me to.

Thanks in advance, I've never played fury since Wotlk in icc25 so im looking forward to specialize in this challenging spec.
    Last edited by Typhod; 2014-08-15 at 11:03 PM.
    Minions... servants... soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
    *chills*

Quote Originally Posted by Typhod View Post
    Hello, I've read this guide and the one on Icy-Veins. However I have a question regarding Icy-Veins guide; they tell me to always have atleast 1 stack of RB when entering CS-debuff, why is that? I can understand that you want to be enraged during CS which is hard at lower gear levels (511 on my warr atm), but I just dont get it why you alwasy want 1 RB during CS. Why not 2? Why not 0 and hope for procs?

EDIT: SimC also simulated for me that about 27% of my time "casting" something is used on Wild Strike for optimal dps, why is that? I rarely use WS except for high rage times during CS (together with a HS) when everything else is on CD and when my rage is too high outside CS when I got a free GCD. Someone clarify please. I obviosuly use it on Bloodsurge procs when my priority allows me to.

Thanks in advance, I've never played fury since Wotlk in icc25 so im looking forward to specialize in this challenging spec.
    It means that you should always Bloodthirst for Enrage before going into CS, that Bloodthirst will also generate the charge of Raging Blow (and a second if CS crits).
    What you don't want to do is have a stack of RB, then BT; giving you two stacks of RB before CS, because if CS then crits you would waste a proc of RB.
    Holding on to stacks of RB is bad, because it is one of our strongest attacks and it is extremely rage efficient, so you generally spend them as soon as you get them instead of saving.

Wild Strike should be used rotationally to fill GCDs, not as a rage management tool (that is Heroic Strike).
    You have two free GCD's between each Bloodthirst, outside of Colossus Smash, you would fill those two GCDs with Raging Blow (remember, you don't want to pool stacks). In practice this means (outside CS) you will usually do something like:

BT - RB - WS - BT

With Colossus Smash in there, your rotation looks something like;

BT - CS - RB - BT - SB - RB - BT - RB - RB/WS - BT - RB - WS - BT - RB - WS - BT - RB - WS - BT - CS
    *Note: This rotation requires a high amount of Crit for reliable Raging Blow procs and without would include more Wild Strikes and Shouts to fill. Lacking Crit Chance is likely why SimC spends more time on Wild Strike.*

Heroic Strike should be used four times during Colossus Smash, and outside of Colossus Smash only to help manage rage. Without higher levels of gear, it will not be used much outside of Colossus Smash, because of extra Wild Strikes taking the place of Raging Blow.

Fury is very rotational, by that I mean it isn't a spec that simply hits its strongest abilities as soon they light up. Instead we use our abilities in a specific order, kind of like an extended combo. I recommend using this guide with the pictures over Icy-Veins as most players find it easier to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    -snip-
    Thanks for the help! Yeah, most specs are just priorities which is usually very easy to do good dps out of, but not this spec, which is fun. Is this something that will change in WoD or will we be playing about the same?
    Minions... servants... soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
    *chills*

Quote Originally Posted by Typhod View Post
    Thanks for the help! Yeah, most specs are just priorities which is usually very easy to do good dps out of, but not this spec, which is fun. Is this something that will change in WoD or will we be playing about the same?
    The spec is actually changing significantly. There are a couple possible rotations but what exactly we will be doing still remains to be seen, based on balancing still to come.

I'll have guides up by the time 6.0 rolls around, but its preemptive to go into too much detail until we see what balancing does.

/brag

16th on 25h protectors for fury without any hwf weapon
    Last edited by Kirbynator; 2014-08-27 at 04:24 AM.

Sooo crit elixir? Or strength.

Crit Elixir.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

I'm new to warrior (and terrible at it), is there any indication / math for when it's viable to start playing Fury? Most posts I've found say 25%, but no real argument as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    I'm new to warrior (and terrible at it), is there any indication / math for when it's viable to start playing Fury? Most posts I've found say 25%, but no real argument as to why.
    Fury is very much crit-dependant due to the Enrage mechanic. Bloodthirst, which is our primary rage generator, has double your normal chance to crit and when it does crit, it enrages you and gives you a charge of Raging Blow. The reason people say to have around 30% crit before switching to Fury is because anything below that makes it a very frustrating spec to play.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    To be honest, 25% would leave you so scarred from frustration you'd never want to ever play fury again. Raging blow and enrage both contribute to massive parts of your damage, especially after the 20% raging blow buff warriors got in Siege. I don't think I, personally, would touch fury unless I was in the high end of 30%, say ~38% raidbuffed.

Imagine playing a fire mage, but instead of your main damage proccing from crits, you also have a damage multiplier (enrage) activating from it aswell.

Deleted
    Bladestorm vs DR single target?`Currently on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    Bladestorm vs DR single target?`Currently on live.
    Bladestorm its better even in single.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    Fury is very much crit-dependant due to the Enrage mechanic. Bloodthirst, which is our primary rage generator, has double your normal chance to crit and when it does crit, it enrages you and gives you a charge of Raging Blow. The reason people say to have around 30% crit before switching to Fury is because anything below that makes it a very frustrating spec to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    To be honest, 25% would leave you so scarred from frustration you'd never want to ever play fury again. Raging blow and enrage both contribute to massive parts of your damage, especially after the 20% raging blow buff warriors got in Siege. I don't think I, personally, would touch fury unless I was in the high end of 30%, say ~38% raidbuffed.

Imagine playing a fire mage, but instead of your main damage proccing from crits, you also have a damage multiplier (enrage) activating from it aswell.
    I see, thanks for the input. I suppose I'll wait until I get another weapon (have the hc heirloom) and some better itemised flex pieces. Cheers!