Thread: Dps Help!

  1. #1
    Blademaster Chigga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chillicothe, OH
    Posts
    27

    Dps Help!

    Hi,

    I know that my gear isn't the best, but it's far from poor as well. I recently switched to arms because I wasn't pulling the numbers that I desired, but every site tells me that I should switch to Fury. I read forums, guides at icy veins, noxxic, here on mmochamp, etc. No matter what spec I am, I can't seem to pull 200+ dps. I pool my rage for colossus smash, time my cds and enrage for that 6 second window...follow rotations to a T when possible, and i just seem to bring about 180k sustained. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I raid lfr every week but I have also had a consistent flex group, and they seem to be happy with my dmg but I'm not personally. That's not every fight, I know on some that I do well. Here is a Link to my ask mr robot page with gear...when in arms spec I only use gar'tok but as fury i have gar'tok x2, both upgraded to ilvl 544 because I can't seem to get any weapon drops. If anyone has any insight other than me just being a baddie lol, please help.

    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/arthas/chiiga
    Pokemon FC- 4785 4499 6186.

    Seeking Shiny charmander family with Max IV Sp. Atk, speed, and/or Atk. Would prefer modest nature or it's opposite and have valuable trades. Also seeking Charizardite X

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Warchief Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,200
    You're using LFR gear this far into the patch. That's why.
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Bigbazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,259
    180k is good for your gear, infact I'd be surprised if you weren't exaggerating on that number as Fury, Arms is definitely much stronger than Fury in your gear, you want a good 10% more crit than you currently have. You're gemming 80str/160 crit in almost every socket, but that gem is not ideal even when you're getting the socket bonus.

    If you can't make use of a 160hit/160crit (blue) or 160exp/160crit (red) gem then ignore socket bonuses, just go pure 320 Crit.


    Now as Arms your stat priorities are 7.5% hit/exp > STR > Crit > Mastery => Haste. But you'd never gem STR because you get 2x as much stats from secondary gems.

    Fury = 7.5% hit/exp > Crit >> Mastery > STR >>>>>>>>>>>>> Haste.

    For Fury, on a per point basis Crit is much stronger than STR, so you can imagine that a gem giving a 2x the amount of stats is a massive gain. Due to the way Crit interacts with Enrage it causes Mastery to surpass STR on a per point basis too. Haste is your worst stat by a long way as Fury, even if it's very close to Mastery as Arms.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-09-07 at 03:53 PM.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  5. #5
    Blademaster Chigga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chillicothe, OH
    Posts
    27
    Thank you for the CONSTRUCTIVE posts. I currently work full time and have a two year old son, so that would be why i am still using some lfr gear, as I am not always able to make time to raid. As fury I've been pulling on average 170k dps. But no, numbers are not exaggerated, 180k is a very normal number as arms for my dps. I've been booted before though because I was told for my gear level that I should be pulling higher numbers. For some reason from the guides and other forums, I've been told that I should switch to fury at roughly 30% crit. So you say I should aim for Bout 40% before I switch?
    Pokemon FC- 4785 4499 6186.

    Seeking Shiny charmander family with Max IV Sp. Atk, speed, and/or Atk. Would prefer modest nature or it's opposite and have valuable trades. Also seeking Charizardite X

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigga View Post
    Thank you for the CONSTRUCTIVE posts. I currently work full time and have a two year old son, so that would be why i am still using some lfr gear, as I am not always able to make time to raid. As fury I've been pulling on average 170k dps. But no, numbers are not exaggerated, 180k is a very normal number as arms for my dps. I've been booted before though because I was told for my gear level that I should be pulling higher numbers. For some reason from the guides and other forums, I've been told that I should switch to fury at roughly 30% crit. So you say I should aim for Bout 40% before I switch?
    Unless i'm missing something, your AMR link shows you at 20% crit unbuffed. You want at least 30% unbuffed before Fury will be anything but a mass of frustration (at least imo).

  7. #7
    Blademaster Chigga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chillicothe, OH
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Unless i'm missing something, your AMR link shows you at 20% crit unbuffed. You want at least 30% unbuffed before Fury will be anything but a mass of frustration (at least imo).
    Hmm, not sure why it does that. I'm at 29.5% on my screen and in game. Not sure if I missed a reforge down where or what but amr says I should have 31.5%, which is a big difference. Anyway, thank you all for the advice.
    Pokemon FC- 4785 4499 6186.

    Seeking Shiny charmander family with Max IV Sp. Atk, speed, and/or Atk. Would prefer modest nature or it's opposite and have valuable trades. Also seeking Charizardite X

  8. #8
    I'd also push you to farm for Evil Eye of Galakras if you want to make Fury a little more forgiving and consistent - even maybe just chain run flex 2 3 times in a row to coin on gal all three times. It allows you to put stormbolt inside every Colossus Smash window, improving DPS pretty heavily and makes saving raging blows a thing of the past. Good Luck!

  9. #9
    Field Marshal Stoic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Valley of Strength, Orgrimmar
    Posts
    89
    Just a quick note on to what's already been said

    Don't underestimate how much of a difference weapon damage has on your DPS. As an example:
    I have a 510 warrior alt, I was doing around 80k dps with his horribad gear
    I mailed myself the Garrosh Heirloom axe and my dps went up 100k, instantly.

    I understand your time constraints so try to focus your time getting a Flex/Normal weapon so prioritise running the wings that drop weapons.

    If you're gear isn't very optimal:
    1 good weapon as Arms > 1 good & 1 meh weapon as fury

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Bigbazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,259
    Ultimately, if you're struggling to find the time to gear then you would be better off as Arms. In the low/medium gear range Arms is really strong, it has respectable single target and exceptionally good AOE/Cleave, Fury does pull ahead greatly on single target at high end gear and Arms definitely does fall very far behind on single target in high end gear compared to other classes, but by "high end" I mean heroic mode gear.

    Being realistic you may never be at that point, if you're really set on Fury though I'd say use 35% crit unbuffed as a rough guidance, assuming you also have 2 equal weapons you'le be roughly at the crossover point for Fury single target.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascosto View Post
    I'd also push you to farm for Evil Eye of Galakras if you want to make Fury a little more forgiving and consistent - even maybe just chain run flex 2 3 times in a row to coin on gal all three times. It allows you to put stormbolt inside every Colossus Smash window, improving DPS pretty heavily and makes saving raging blows a thing of the past. Good Luck!
    I thought if you use the coin once on a boss for a difficulty, that was it. Have I been a terribad not farming a boss and using my coins on it to get the trinkets I need?

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire Crisius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    I thought if you use the coin once on a boss for a difficulty, that was it. Have I been a terribad not farming a boss and using my coins on it to get the trinkets I need?
    Terribad, no, but in flex and LFR you can coin several times on the same bosses. It's not widely known, however.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Bigbazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,259
    Honestly I wouldn't go coining your nut off for Evil Eye, it gives a grand total of 1-2% CD Recovery on the beta, if that makes live then it will be going in the bin, and the patch is probably going to be here in little over a month.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  14. #14
    that will make it live, it's Blizz's way of making sure nobody uses it over T17 trinkets
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. The universe is winning...

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hahnh View Post
    that will make it live, it's Blizz's way of making sure nobody uses it over T17 trinkets
    Shouldn't they make it that bad for 91+? Making it shit in 6.0 does nothing but give everyone who uses it a kick in the balls for the entire month of MoP that remains during 6.0.

  16. #16
    well my best guess is that they opted for this approach this time around considering the vast amount of changes/ability pruning that will take place when 6.0 hits though I do agree to some extent, the trinket not working for 90+ would have been a bit more logical.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. The universe is winning...

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hahnh View Post
    that will make it live, it's Blizz's way of making sure nobody uses it over T17 trinkets
    because simply removing cooldown reduction and throwing some passive rating on it is too much work.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chigga View Post
    Hmm, not sure why it does that. I'm at 29.5% on my screen and in game. Not sure if I missed a reforge down where or what but amr says I should have 31.5%, which is a big difference. Anyway, thank you all for the advice.
    AMR includes raidbuffs(5% crit) and boss crit reduction(3%)
    29.5% on character screen unbuffed = 31.5% AMR
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  18. #18
    If you're pulling 180k, your skill and rotation are impressive. I didn't do 180k regularly until I got at least one 553. Don't worry. From what I've seen, DPS scales heavily with your weapon.

  19. #19
    Blademaster Chigga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chillicothe, OH
    Posts
    27
    Thank you all for the tips! I will be sticking as Arms for now.My ilvl is gradually building (547 now), still no weapon =( also, i forgot to change my loot spec and my tier 553 legs dropoed.....for prot. epic fail. I have an essence just sitting in my bags and i basically gave up my 4 piece because i'm a scrub and didn't change my loot spec :/
    Pokemon FC- 4785 4499 6186.

    Seeking Shiny charmander family with Max IV Sp. Atk, speed, and/or Atk. Would prefer modest nature or it's opposite and have valuable trades. Also seeking Charizardite X

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •