Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok this has got to stop.

United are so weak. A midfield of Cleverly, Carrick, Giggs and Zaha.

Just proves how well of a job SAF did. Don't see United anywhere near the title this season. Their squad is packed with over-rated English players.

No idea how Cleverly get's England call ups. He's no better than a good Championship player in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't mention our best midfielder.........Kagawa..............and Carrick is not overrated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny how that midfield lineup helped win the title last season...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but let's be honest it isn't exactly fantastic. Sure, Carrick had a great year but he's 32 and Kagawa didn't play that much last season, so let's not talk about him just yet. For a club that wants to win the UCL it isn't too great.
    Ohio State Buckeye

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Yeah but let's be honest it isn't exactly fantastic. Sure, Carrick had a great year but he's 32 and Kagawa didn't play that much last season, so let's not talk about him just yet. For a club that wants to win the UCL it isn't too great.
    I agree it's not the strongest midfield, Chelsea have a much stronger midfield, but they did last season too, and look where United ended and where Chelsea ended. I feel basing your opinion that United aren't going to do well this season on the fact their midfield isn't as strong as others is pretty silly, seeing as even though we had and have a weaker midfield compared to others, we still won the title rather comfortably.

As for the UCL, yeah our midfield is no doubt no strong enough, that's why us United fans have been desperately hoping we'd be getting a decent midfielder signed this transfer period, and why it's so frustrating that we haven't yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    32 at United for a midfielder is surprisingly young when you've got Ryan "40 this year" Giggs. Especially when no one expects him to do much other than the turret role of holding the central midfield and pinging balls around like he's Paul Scholes.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Punto Pelota reports United may bid 40 million Ozil. Just get out of here, you weirdos, you're not getting him.
    Ohio State Buckeye

rumor and gossip now Norganon?

I don't believe that one for one second.

Moyes won't be able to attract any top players. Who the feck would want to play for Moyes? Doubt anyone outside the UK has ever heard of him.

It's not the manager who will attract the players but the club name. Like it or not, the name Manchester United will foster a lot of interest from players. However, you still have to be smart on which player you pursue unless you are willing to put up 100 million euros like some clubs do (and even then, there might not be a transfer).

Man Utd got unlucky with Thiago but after that they have made the mistake of having unrealistic transfer targets. Instead of Cesc they should have possibly gone after Modric from the start. Now it is mostly too late but if they were smart from the beginning then most likely they would have had a few nice transfers already.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Doubt anyone outside the UK has ever heard of him.
    haha come on man, thats silly. Even if the player is completely uninterested in football(yeah they exist, I know Olof Mellberg always was completely clueless about anything football related lol, he had 0 interest in football unless he was playing himself, still a decent player though!)every football player at that level got advisors and agents that keep track of most things that goes on.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    rumor and gossip now Norganon?

I don't believe that one for one second.
    Spanish newspapers have got to write about something now they've stopped making up BS about talking to Bales mum.

Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Punto Pelota reports United may bid 40 million Ozil. Just get out of here, you weirdos, you're not getting him.
    punto pelota is the worst football show ever, full of madridistas ..
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Man U really have very little hope this window with a new manager, while other clubs do change manager's that in part makes it less of an issue.
    When the managers change it has more of an impact on the team, the team constantly changes how they play to suit that manager. Fergie had been there for so long perfecting the team for the way he plays. That Moyes is a massive question mark hanging over United. United need a trophy, If they don't win the league they need to be in touching distance of the winner (and if they finish 3rd the need to be closer to 2nd than 4th) to really be competitive in the next window.

10+ Year Old Account
    man u have plenty of hope, they've just been stupid with who they have tried to buy. they've been embarrassing this window

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but we are talking about the team that won the league with 11 points last season right?

Granted they haven't made a marquee signing, but it's not like they've suffered major changes to the squad either. Yes it's been a disappointing window for United, but go back to the 99/2000 season, just won the treble and they bought Silvestre and Fortune all season, no big signings and they won the league by a landslide despite a very strong Arsenal side competing.

Transfer window hasn't closed yet, people writing teams off before a ball has been kicked off are daft. and can we stop linking papertalk transfers from rags that everyone knows print sensationalist trash? Thanks.

Edit: United have released their shirt numbers. No #7 or #9
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2013-08-16 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You won the league with 11 points under Sir Alex. I'm not sure if Moyes can weave the same magic Sir Alx could.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Moyes took a budget team and overachieved in the Premier League, finishing higher than their Merseyside rivals for the past 2 years.

His European experience will be questionable, but he knows exactly how to win in the Premiership.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have dumped Nani and anderson.