New to MoP - how to gear?

Just got to level 90 on a warrior, never played MoP before, I've just found the PvP vendors. What's the fastest way to gear up? I've got like 3k honor and 3k justice points. Do I farm honor to get full grevious, or is there a fast way of getting conquest points? I really just want to get some gear and then try out arenas in the fastest way possible. Thanks for any help!

Pay gold to be carried in arenas, do arenas win here and there, go to timeless isle and get some 496 so you don't get TOTALLY destroyed, or farm honor in bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by phase92 View Post
    Do I farm honor to get full grevious, or is there a fast way of getting conquest points? I really just want to get some gear and then try out arenas in the fastest way possible.
    Basic 496 gear from Timeless Isle tokens for starters. Queue for BGs while you're out, you'll probably want to build up Grievous PvP gear. Farm BGs for honor, that pretty much doesn't need much gear on your side since you'll be carried by the rest of the group. You'll have full gear within a week if you keep it up. Farming conquest in a valid manner is only possible through arena. If you don't have set partners you'll really want to get Grievous first. Also get yourself Warforged Seals and use one on the Celestial world boss each week since they may drop Prideful gear.
    There are too many design flaws in your game. As a result, your customers' game experience may be degraded. Fire or replace the failing developers if you don't want to see this message again.

Tol Barad & Wintergrasp give good amounts of honour, make sure to pick up the weekly quests.

Although the next expansion is out in less than 2 months, so it might not be worth it really.

It's very easy actually. First go Timeless Isle. You will get a lot of ilevel 496 epics and maybe a 536 just by opening the guaranteed epics chests. (look for guide).
    Every day do the PvP daily on Isle of Thunder for some gold and good honor. Do Tol Barad and Wintergrasp weekly then just que random battlegrounds.

Frankly, seeing as 6.0 comes in like a month, I don't think you should bother gearing up or playing any kind of serious pvp. If however you insist on it, this is what I feel you should do:

- do celestial bosses on timeless isle for a chance at looting conquest gear, make sure you have warforged seal to double your chances

- spam 2s for conquest, it might be near impossible for you to win in bad gear tho so maybe you'll have to pay someone to win 1vs2s for you, get conquest weapon as soon as you can

- do siege of orgrimmar LFR (vale of eternal sorrows, gates of retribution, underhold, downfall) for a chance at getting free ilvl528 epics that can be upgraded up to ilvl544 (540 in pvp), these suck in pvp but at least they're better than greens or the timeless isle garbage

I don't think there's much worth in farming honor gear, as it's really behind compared to conquest and everyone has conquest now. Essentially, your best bet is to grind 2s for a couple days until you've capped your catch-up cap and equip honor items in the rest of the slots. This should put you at ilvl536 or so, which is a decent level of gear.

Blademaster
    If you want fast honor gear, do dungeons. Or get someone to boost you in 2v2 for the conquest gear.
    It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get back up.

Pay for 2s carry for full 550 pvp gear. Anything other than that is a waste of time. Don't bother with honor gear, that shit's useless and you will get raped if you use it. Everyone is fully geared by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Pay for 2s carry for full 550 pvp gear. Anything other than that is a waste of time. Don't bother with honor gear, that shit's useless and you will get raped if you use it. Everyone is fully geared by now.
    This. Or find someone that you can grind games at like 1k mmr at.

Not joking, that's how bad the state of the game is atm. We're at the end of an expansion so you can't expect much more.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

The only reasonable option at this point is to get someone to carry you in 2's up to at least the 7250 mark for your weapon. Without at least your weapon, you are absolutely going to dread PvPing.

It's legitimately sad how this season is going on over a year in tenure and they still haven't figured out why the PvP is so terrible for anyone without the top level of gear. The comments they make about making the game more "new player friendly" are laughable when placed next to their (lack of) actions in improving it.

Do like everyone else. Get honorbuddy and farm full grievous in 2-3 days while watching your favorite tv-shows.
    Then you get a mate (or booster from trade) and farm 29k conquest for full prideful-gear.

Get a interrupt-bot and lag-hack while you're at it to get the FULL wow-pvp experience!

Edit: (No.. im not bitter or mad. This is the observations of someone who geared 8 chars this season from scratch.)
    Epic!

By the time you're fully geared WoD will be out or it'll be right around the corner. With the amount of changes that are being made, there's no point in starting now. Do yourself a favour and wait for WoD, by then everyone will be on the same page and you'll have more fun... trust me.
    Warlords of Draenor ALPHA Content + Other Games!

http://www.youtube.com/conkerzlol

If you have gold/friends go get carried in 2s or 3s (less geared ppl at lower rating), that's by far the fastest.

If not either YOLO RBG and lead it yourself so ppl can't bitch about your gear or try to sit in 3s Q on OQ or trade chat. I think 3s at lower rating is much faster/easier.

I think farming honor gear is pointless, 522 sucks unfortunately.

Don't bother, WoD is merely two months away.
    And the world event brings a dungeon with 550 chests, rings and something else that I forgot.

Either pay gold in trade for someone to cap you, or spam MOP heroics as a tank/healer and convert JP to honor.
    2 90 Holy Paladins, 90 Disc, 90 Warrior, 90 Resto Druid, 90 Mage, 90 DK, 90 Rogue, 90 Resto Shaman
    2.2k Arena 3v3, 160k HK's