Seriously, all I hear is "Blizzard did everything wrong."
But it's the community who sucks. This is sad to say, but you can easily see this in a random BG.
Let's forget about all those fresh lvl 100's with low gear who get two shotted.
Let's forget about all those people who don't even think about to attack any EFC.
Let's forget about all those whiney kids who start flaming in a BG.
Let's forget about all those people who don't know what to do in a BG, i.e. taking/planting vehicles/bombs.
I'm talking about those 5 people who are AFK when the gates of a BG just openend.
I'm talking about those 5 people who are tapping the same base in Battle of Gilneas/Arathi instead of running with the Zerg.
I'm talking about those people who, when dead, don't run back into the zerg, instead they go AFK at the GY or at the first uncontested base. Basically, they give up.
I'm talking about those people who are just running or doing shit to give the illusion of actual play in order to not get kicked or voted for afk.
I know, theres a big difference in Gear and 1-2 top PvP players/healers can stand out and carry.
I know, sometimes you have "good" BGs and "bad" BGs.
I know, sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.
In my personal view, its about the way of winning or loosing. Most of the time you completly destroy the enemy or you get completly destroyed.
This will be even worse in Legion: 10 Man Warsong, 2 people are Afk, you loose the first zerg, people get mad. GG
You could say: Well it's a random BG, deal with it. Do we really have to? Do I have to find 9 other mates for RBG in order to have some proper BG action?
Why are random BGs completly dependant on the people who are AFK and why are there so many people who are slacking or afk?
This is the very imporant question here and as far as I have made my conclusion, it's because the mood of the people. It's not the game, it's not the gear difference, it's simply the mood of the people.
If you face really strong opponents, fast, big dps, big heals or bad situations like "0:2 behind in Flags" or strong time limits, you just say "let them win, let them pass, go afk so we can queue faster again". etc. etc.
This might be somewhere acceptable, but it is not acceptable, that people enter a BG and are slacking or AFK right away. And this is the case currently.
And this has to stop.
There is only one solution: Penalties. I'm not talking about Debuffs. I'm talking about Penalties.
BTW, which community is the most toxic in the internet? The LoL Community? Because "Omg fvcking feeder! Surrender@ 20, I don't waste my time".
Do you see the commonalities with WoW? I do. But instead of WoW, you can expect all your LoL-teammates to be active from the start. (most of the time -.-'')
Well, back to penalties.
Penalties - Solutions:
1. Since I'm talking about random BGs, you can't loose any rating. But there could still be a hidden MMR, which would match you with better/worse players. I don't think this would solve anything tbh.
2. After every game, every player from his team has to vote if anybody in his team shouldn't get any loot/honor/whatever. He can basically vote for one guy or just nullvote. This way, every players knows "if I'll go AFK or do shit, I might get nothing out, so I have to play as good as I can". You could trigger the penalty only if 50% of the team wants you to be punished.
3. Make them pay for BGs. Everybody who enters a BG, has to pay 1000g. This way you can ensure, that everyone who enters a BG, does really want to play the BG and that he wants to win it. (If he wins, he gets the gold back). Nobody would pay 1000g and just go auto-afk right?
4. Loose items. Yes. Loose items. If you loose a BG, you will loose an item. I'll explain a little bit more: When you start a BG, you can basically offer one Item as a deposit. If you win a BG, you're item will improve by 0.1 ilvl. If you loose the BG, it won't. Plus, there is a chance you might lose it. I.e. it will be unuseable until you pay 1000g to make it useable again. (Not completly destroyed)
5. Goals. There could be goals in a BG i.e: Top 3 in DPS, Top 3 in killings Blows, Top (2) in Heals, Capture atleast one Flag, return atleast one Flag, have atleat 50 HK's... and so on.
This goals could be individually achieved in order to prevent loosing penalties from 3. or 4. or could be set as a requirement to get better loot. Even, if you are top DMG in the loosing team, you would get almost as much honor/loot as the guys from the winning team. (I know, damage is not everything, but in random BGs, flat damage and heal are really important)
Those are basically 5 Solutions I came up with. Honestly I think, the best would be a slight combination:
Some really easy goals have to be aquired in order to get Loot at all:
1. Get 5 HK's | deal or heal more than 300k DMG | leave the starting area | participate in atleast 3 fights or die once |.
Afterwards features like:
2. Pay some kind of currency to enter a BG, in order to get rid of the "Oh, my BG is up, but I'll finish that youtube video first, it's only 5min."
3. Allow the players to directly punish one guy who don't deserve any loot, in the simpliest way (for extreme cases).
4. Allow the players to make their own BG very imporant (ilvl upgrades). (Those players will do everything to win, like in Lol: Placement Games in Ranked)
All in all, I think those restrictions/penalties are very very harmless in comparison with the "hard" votekick system we have right now, but the votekick system does not help if the BG is already lost.
The main intention of those penalties, is to make sure, that everybody in your team actually wants to play in this BG till the end.
There shouldn't be any penalties, if you loose, but tried.
In Legion, everybody will have the same gear in PvP. You cant simply outgear them. If its 10v10 its a 10v10 and if there are 2 people AFK, it will be almost impossible to win a 10v8.
I hardly think, any of my solutions, or any form of it, will make it into the game. If I want to do proper PvP I'll think I have to find 4 friends and queue as 5 or join a RBG.
Thanks for reading.