Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Really really unfortunate that battlenet-id will only work for flex raids and not for 10 and 25-man.
    Oh well one step at a time.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard did a fantastic job at hyping the feature that 5.4 will bring us but now it feels more like 'pick something or you're SOL' and pinning it to the players to find something they like sounds as if they're not all that confident in their ace(s) in the hole anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcloud View Post
    A blue response "this isn't for LFR folks it's for normal folks" is said in one of those sentences.... why is there this need to "label" everyone in the game. it's kind of getting a bit ridiculous a this point. what happened to play a game because it's fun?
    There isn't any labeling, per se. The blue was using "LFR folks" and "Normal folks" as a point of reference. Would it have been better to say "people doing <A>" and "people doing <B>"? Not really, in my opinion. It would just take longer to get the same point across in a less efficient way.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This isn’t for LFR folks, it’s for Normal folks (ahem... you know what I mean) that were going into LFR and weren’t having an enjoyable raiding experience or that just wanted an easy way to play with friends and family without spending too much time organizing it. These players would go to LFR only for gear, not for the experience, and that’s not really what we want to see happening.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    "pick a feature and thats the big expansion feature"

what kind of PR bullshit is this? thats like saying there is none, deal with it.
    There is none, deal with it.

At least there wasn't once many people - as usual - blew it way out of proportion and just about held Blizz at ransom and made accountable for something that could never live up to anything other than a time machine. Which is clearly not ready yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    So they're putting all these resources into making it so people who are 1/12 normal feel like they're raiding too. Baby's first raid. The people that are 1/12 should just realize they suck and stick to lfr or pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    Oh look another unique LFR snowflake that has no idea why the top guilds run LFR to fill in gear gaps. If you want to compete it is absolutely necessary to get the best gear available. LFR gives you another place to get 4 set bonuses and trinkets. Alot of trinkets are better procs even at the non normal/heroic level than previous tier. Get it now? The fact that people don't get this and blizzard ignores it is unbelievable.
    Jesus fucking christ...and people think that the folks that run LFR believe they're special snowflakes.

If you ask me it's people like THIS that believe they're the special ones.

I simply do NOT get raider mentality these days. In all my years of raiding I never once remember it being THIS bad or THIS annoying.

The assumption that everyone that does LFR or who will do Flex-Raiding just sucks @ WoW and should "do something else" is just fucking asinine. There are a LOT more reasons people run LFR than just being a "baddie." Get off of your sparklin high horse; it's not 2007 anymore...THE GAME REALLY HAS CHANGED.

I really want to know why people are SO FUCKING BUTTHURT over options that allow people with less time than hardcore raiders to actually step foot in and see the content. If it pisses you off that much why not just quit playing?

Honestly - is it SO BAD that Blizzard wants their players to be able to see a raid? Is it REALLY THE WORST THING IN THE CURRENT UNIVERSE that JonnyCasual got thru LFR and received VERY LOW LEVEL epics compared to BobHardcore who got his HEROIC epics? What the fuck is the ilvl differential now? 502 vs 535...If you do the harder content YOU GET THE BETTER GEAR!
    I am seriously failing to see the problem here. It's been that way since WoW started; granted it used to be harder to get into raids...But imagine spending ALL the time/effort/money the devs/art teams/etc do creating these huge, sprawling works of gaming awesomeness ONLY to see about 5% of your playerbase get into them and then furthermore about 3.5% actually FINISH them.

If you have half, even one-third of a brain - you'd realize that it's NOT a good number NOR is it a good idea for the long-term success of your product.

This is an MMO. In case you have forgotten what the MM part stands for it's MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER -not- WE ONLY CATER TO THE HARDEST OF CORE. People want to see the content. So what if YOU don't like easy modes? You don't see the people who run LFR whining and crying that normal/heroic modes shouldn't exist.

So tell me, oh - ye special snowflake "real" raiders...WHAT THE FUCK is your problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    Jesus fucking christ...and people think that the folks that run LFR believe they're special snowflakes.

I simply do NOT get raider mentality these days. In all my years of raiding I never once remember it being THIS bad or THIS annoying.

The assumption that everyone that does LFR or who will do Flex-Raiding just sucks @ WoW and should "do something else" is just fucking asinine. There are a LOT more reasons people run LFR than just being a "baddie." Get off of your sparklin high horse; it's not 2007 anymore...THE GAME REALLY HAS CHANGED.

I really want to know why people are SO FUCKING BUTTHURT over options that allow people with less time than hardcore raiders to actually step foot in and see the content. If it pisses you off that much why not just quit playing?

Honestly - is it SO BAD that Blizzard wants their players to be able to see a raid? Is it REALLY THE WORST THING IN THE CURRENT UNIVERSE that JonnyCasual got thru LFR and received VERY LOW LEVEL epics compared to BobHardcore who got his HEROIC epics? What the fuck is the ilvl differential now? 502 vs 535...If you do the harder content YOU GET THE BETTER GEAR!
    I am seriously failing to see the problem here. It's been that way since WoW started; granted it used to be harder to get into raids...But imagine spending ALL the time/effort/money the devs/art teams/etc do creating these huge, sprawling works of gaming awesomeness ONLY to see about 5% of your playerbase get into them and then furthermore about 3.5% actually FINISH them.

If you have half, even one-third of a brain - you'd realize that it's NOT a good number NOR is it a good idea for the long-term success of your product.

This is an MMO. In case you have forgotten what the MM part stands for it's MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER -not- WE ONLY CATER TO THE HARDEST OF CORE. People want to see the content. So what if YOU don't like easy modes? You don't see the people who run LFR whining and crying that normal/heroic modes shouldn't exist.

So tell me, oh - ye special snowflake "real" raiders...WHAT THE FUCK is your problem?
    I wish there was a way to like/love a post... like srsly

I'm in the camp that they should scrap "10 man" and "25 man" and just have the scaling tech applied to that. Instead of creating yet another difficulty level, they could tone normal mode down and apply the scaling tech to it all (number of drops, abilities, etc).

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems it would be better if Blizz stopped adding features considering the endless whining and wails from the legions of ungrateful people. Sure, Blizz might've originally hyped the unannounced feature/Flex-raiding a bit too much, but wouldn't any rational person take these announcements with a pinch of salt? Hardcore raiders will always see/complete the content first and have better gear, so what is excactly the problem with giving people more options for raiding/gaming in general; no-one forces you to Flex-raid. And don't get me started on the pointless nostalgia crap of how Vanilla was so awesome and how things should be the way there and blah blah blah... Anyway, personally I welcome the upcoming changes and hope Blizz keeps coming up with ways for making WoW more fun for us, despite them having to read the "feedback" from players.

Deleted
    I am really looking forward to 5.4 at this point. Seems like they have a lot of cool things to show us, lets cross our fingers.

Deleted

Firstly, its not about the number of people that do see the content is about the number that want to see it - people need carrots on sticks else they stop playing. Which we are now seeing.

Secondly, when the game didn't work on the basis of "let everyone see everything" it retained players and grew.

Thirdly, the MM does indeed stand for "MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER" and yet LFR allows you to play it as a single player game, see all raid content without speaking to anyone. That's what flex raiding is about - rebuild the damage LFR has done.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Firstly, its not about the number of people that do see the content is about the number that want to see it - people need carrots on sticks else they stop playing. Which we are now seeing.

Secondly, when the game didn't work on the basis of "let everyone see everything" it retained players and grew.

Thirdly, the MM does indeed stand for "MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER" and yet LFR allows you to play it as a single player game, see all raid content without speaking to anyone. That's what flex raiding is about - rebuild the damage LFR has done.

To tackle your first nonsensical piece: Would you play a game if all there was to do was stand there and push a log uselessly down a river w/o anything to show for it? No points, no high score, nothing when you reach the end of the river? PROBABLY NOT! That would be lame as fuck and you know it. The whole point of playing games like WoW is to ultimately see a storyline play out WHILE receiving a few kisses and happy endings along the way. Plain and simple. Being rewarded for your efforts has kind of always been the point of games like this. STeee-RIKE ONE!

Your second point kind of makes no sense in the fact that it sound like you're trying to say there's a problem with everyone seeing content but somehow things stayed the same and...got better? I don't know man. Words - use them. Or maybe don't because you're already at strike two.

And your third point is just hocus pocus as well. Just because there's a lot of people at the same party doesn't mean they're all friends or that they're all going to converse with each other and then play spin the bottle with EVERYONE in attendance. I've been in structured raid groups where people aren't allowed to talk. It's no different than being in LFR where nobody talks...

That's strike three, dude - and now your coach looks really upset. O_o

Try making less sense. I dare you.

If I remember correctly, GC said the new feature related to old content. I doubt this is the "feature" that they are talking about, but I could be wrong.

To tackle your first nonsensical piece: Would you play a game if all there was to do was stand there and push a log uselessly down a river w/o anything to show for it? No points, no high score, nothing when you reach the end of the river? PROBABLY NOT! That would be lame as fuck and you know it. The whole point of playing games like WoW is to ultimately see a storyline play out WHILE receiving a few kisses and happy endings along the way. Plain and simple. Being rewarded for your efforts has kind of always been the point of games like this. STeee-RIKE ONE!

Your second point kind of makes no sense in the fact that it sound like you're trying to say there's a problem with everyone seeing content but somehow things stayed the same and...got better? I don't know man. Words - use them. Or maybe don't because you're already at strike two.

And your third point is just hocus pocus as well. Just because there's a lot of people at the same party doesn't mean they're all friends or that they're all going to converse with each other and then play spin the bottle with EVERYONE in attendance. I've been in structured raid groups where people aren't allowed to talk. It's no different than being in LFR where nobody talks...

That's strike three, dude - and now your coach looks really upset. O_o

Try making less sense. I dare you.
    I don't think hes going to respond as it isn't possible to make less sense than you.

Please stop getting ideas from Ghostcrawler, how many more tragic mistakes have to be made before you realize this.

unless there will be lfr for old raids, or heirloom xfering to other servers . . i dont care anymore

TLR My thinking is that they are tired of people asking what the unannounced feature is. Honestly, it's unannounced, it's a surprise...have a little patience! You'll find out when it gets here!

GC didn't hype anything. He mentioned an unannounced feature and the MMO Champ forums lost their collective minds. Hell, if I was him I just wouldn't say anything until it hits PTR. No more roadmaps. No more previews. No more hurt feelings from hyper-ventilating armchair industry experts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I love how they were sitting there hyping up Flex Raids in 5.1 (or maybe 5.2) as the BIG HUGE UNANNOUNCED FEATURE THAT WILL CHANGE THE GAME FOREVER...
    That's odd. The only people I recall hyping the feature to this point were forum posters. They did mention an unnanounced feature, and did mention it'd give a lot of content to play with. They did not, however, hype it. Heck, they themselves tried to downplay it. Yet here we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I sincerely doubt that most groups will leave people behind just for a small difference in terms of item level. Besides, ilvl isn’t everything, every guild decides on whom to bring to the raids based on many different factors, gear is only one of them, there’s skill, there’s personality, there’s knowledge…
    Normal groups will leave ppl behind because progress on an easier version of the raid doesnt count. Its interesting that they are saying its for normal raid groups, not necessarily struggling or F&F guilds but it has a lower difficulty and ilvl.

Deleted
    Flexible raid difficulty, I am so sorry to say this but are you f*cking kidding me? Only do this kind of stuff when the game is dying, please blizzard revise this.
    Other than that, looking forward to the patch as always