Deleted

whatever happened to...

swirly ball

...the old discreet poison dripping off your weapon graphic? that was one of my favourite touches to the whole Rogue 'flavour' back in the day, but it doesn't show up if I have an unenchanted dagger equipped any more.

I'd love a minor glyph that overwrote the hideous glowing lightsabre style weapon enchants and used the old drippy green poison instead. also: before 'post on the official forum', I don't think any suggestion there has ever actually been taken seriously, so I'm posting this here for nostalgia more than anything else.

well if you got time you can make Mod for it just change Enchant you use with Poison look.

Deleted
    Well, i also liked it but was probaly just removed without thinking about anyone cared for it

10+ Year Old Account
    They do take it "seriously," they just have to manage too much in the way of finding good advice from bad advice, and then figure out if the time and effort involved in implementing those ideas is worth the result.

Given that tossing a new minor glyph in to change cosmetics should be pretty simple, they could potentially do it... if they thought there was demand for it. I wish we had such a glyph... the worst highlight of the issue, for me, was at the end of cata; I've got these legendary daggers, aaaand I can't see them. At all. I'd be completely behind getting dripping poison back.

The enchants have been SO BAD for rogues. Daggers are small to begin with, but the enchants have mostly swarmed them with dumbcrap. Cata was the PEAK of shitty, with Verain looking like pigpen from peanuts for the entirety of the expansion.

This expac, they clearly listened to community- Jade Spirit and Dancing Steel are both pretty straightforward enchants (you have to look closely to see anything besides a glow). Still, it would be nice to have something to bring back the poison drip.

I also mourn the poison drip. I still remember the first time I noticed it and thought "wow, that's a cool touch." Nighttime in Azeroth had a similar effect on me that I also miss.

i'd much MUCH prefer if they started with a "Hide Weapon Enchants" checkbox, similar to helms and cloaks. then move on to allowing enchant transmog. hell, we could learn then like we learn pets, and pick whatever one matches.

i don't want my priest's staff glowing green when the rest of her is purple, i don't need my daggers glowing green when i'm decked out in the blue t2 recolor. i picked daggers to match my set. don't make me look at a clashing color just because i want an enchant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    i'd much MUCH prefer if they started with a "Hide Weapon Enchants" checkbox, similar to helms and cloaks. then move on to allowing enchant transmog. hell, we could learn then like we learn pets, and pick whatever one matches
    Yeah cause we need another 4 years of mongoose and executioner...
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    ...which means the enchants were better designed than those that came after, in the eyes of the players?

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    you'd prefer.... what? shit-blade, a la landslide?

i refused to use it. almost lost my raid spot because of it, the only way i kept it was because i made a deal with my raid lead wherein i would change enchants as soon as i was last on the meters.