Help with my Resto healing

Hello guys, I'm creating this new thread only because I didn't want to post my requests in somebody else's thread.
    I'm healing as a resto druid for about 4-5 months now, it is my first raiding experience as a healer and I think I'm doing ok. But the problem is that I'm seeing that I can do better. I tend to fall behind (sometimes a lot) on the healing done and HPS compared to the other 2 healers ( Pally holy, and a Disc Priest), even in fights that druids are supposed to be top.
    Could you guys analyze my armory and some logs and help me?

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Zadjin/advanced

worldoflogs.com/reports/mbcg38kkdaqhuzel/
    worldoflogs.com/reports/j36ieijaedajx654/

Sorry, but I only got the logs up to Ji-Kun, my raid leader forgot to record Durumu to Animus.... and sorry for the links, but I still can't add direct link to posts

Thanks to all!

Hey there, I didn't have time to go through all the logs but from what I saw you're doing fine, could use the shrooms abit more, your harmony uptime is acceptable but could be higher.
    The problem is that you're 3 healing fights that can (and should) be 2 man healed, which is why the tier 1 healers (paladins & priests) will be far ahead of you on the healing.

Armory looks fine also, personally I'd go for Zen gems (Spirit + mastery) in blue but sparkling works aswell I guess..

Have to agree with splowN. You're three healing fights, which are more or less tuned for two healers. The fact that those two are absorb healers, immediately will have you at the bottom of those. Though, there are a few (non-major) points you can improve by yourself:
    -Lifebloom uptime could be higher, shouldn't ever be below 90%
    -You glyphed regrowth. Use it (even more so, when OoC procs).
    -Remove HT/Nourish from your bars. HT may heal for more (if it crits), but cast's significantly slower (less rejus). Nourish is worse than rejuve, that it, entirely useless.

Thanks a lot guys! I'll keep a bigger eye on Lifebloom and Harmony, and the Regrowth glyph was something I forgot to mention: It is recent, on those logs, I still wasn't using them.

For the blue gem slots, I'm using the sparkling ones just because that amount of spirit was the one I found to be comfortable for me, if I change to Zen Wild Jade I'd find myself OoM on more intense healing parts, but I'll try changing some and see how it goes.

The nourish I only keep it there for situations where I need to renew Harmony and OoC hasn't procced.

And on the usage of Shrooms: I have a hard time using them because I'm not really sure how to do it well, so I end up only using on parts/fights where I know exactly when and where the raid will be (Megaera's rampage and Ji-Kun's nests, for example). Any tips on using them?

Swiftmend should be enough for refreshing Harmony since Harmony is up for 20 secs while swiftmend got a 15 sec cooldown.

About Mushrooms, it can be hard to know where to place them on several fights if you're not experienced with them, if you don't know where to place them you can just place them on the tank(s) for a free "Lay on Hands", if there's not alot of tank damage you can just spread the shrooms out where people will be for some extra burst healing.

Thanks again slpowN!! And just one last question, with risk of seeming noob, hehehe: which are those fights that should be done with 2 healers?

On normal? All of them(You can use 3 healers on megaera but really no point =/), Horridon can be solo healed, our disc priest (in our altraids) is usually solo healing that fight =)

One problem I see with your logs is communication between your healers. I couldn't tell from the logs what the pally was doing, but on the Jin Rokh fight, you popped tranq the same time the disc priest popped spirit shell.

Here are a few other issues I saw:
    Your Wild Growth uptime was horrible, especially on Horridon and Tortos. WG is a cheap smart heal that heals 6 people (glyphed). Even if it doesn't look like people need healing, casting this on CD is worth it because it will find the people who do need healing. With the damage going out on these fights being so random (Rock Fall and DoTs) WG is one of your greatest assets.

You are specced into Heart of the Wild which at your gear level is about 6 million damage you could be adding to the fight over 45 seconds, yet you didn't use it once. Use this during low damage periods where the other healer(s) can handle the damage being dealt. On Jin-Rokh I max out at ~400k dps and average out to about 200k DPS using Heart of the Wild during hero on the first pool. On Ji-Kun I use it to help with the eggs on the upper levels. On tortos I use it help get that first turtle down. On Megaera I use it to help get that first (and last) head down. On Horridon I use it on the 3rd door to help aoe the adds down. On Council I use it to help get Sul/Frost King down. There are many uses for HoTW, just make sure you don't forget that your primary role is a healer, not DPS, so while you use it make sure you don't tunnel on DPS and pay attention to the damage going out and be able to react if the other healer(s) fall behind.

Don't wait for your mushrooms to bloom to use them. Personally I haven't quite figured out how to work them into my rotation to make them worth placing (4 GCD's for a "maybe" heal doesnt seem worth it to me on most fights) but on fights where you know where the majority of your raid is going to be, (Ji-Kun, Megera, Horridon, Jin-Rokh, Iron Qon) make sure you are using them often and not just letting them go to waste or waiting for them to fill. One thing I have found helpful is placing them before the fight, and spamming rejuv on the raid so they are ready to bloom before we even pull (just make sure you drink before the pull).

If you can afford it, try the haste build rather than the mastery build. What I did was went Spirit (to ~10.5k combat regen or about 12k spirit) > Haste (to 6659) > Mastery > Crit > excess haste. A lot of people are going to say that haste just leads to overheals, and they are right. However this gives you 1 extra tick on rejuv with SOTF(think 4p t15), an extra tick of WG not using SOTF (if you choose to go incarnation for a fight), and if you are using Wild Mushrooms, this overhealing from haste only fills those mushrooms that much faster. This also substantially lowers the cast time on not only regrowth, but also healing touch (with my current armory haste not raid buffed regrowth is a 1.3s cast, and HT is 2.1s cast). Personally I have seen no noticeable difference between the haste or mastery builds except for the fact that I need to react much quicker to incoming damage when healing with the mastery build because of the discrepancies in cast times and GCD's.

Use your cooldowns. Ironbark is a 1 minute damage reduction cooldown. Use it on CD. Tranq is a 3 minute cooldown, Incarnation is also a 3 minute cooldown - this requires communication with your other healers - but you should be using these almost on CD as well. Most fights last over 4 minutes, meaning using these more than once on every fight is possible, and recommended. You have 2 insanely good healing cooldowns, using them smartly you can use either one every minute and a half.

The last thing you need to do, and I have touched on it twice so far, is to communicate with your other healers. If your disc priest is throwing up Spirit Shell, and you are using tranq, and the pally is using his CD's, someone is going to have a ton of overhealing (and it won't be the healers who have absorbs). If they are using their cooldowns, use that time to throw in some DPS, or regen some mana. There isn't a single fight in ToT normal where one healing cooldown isn't going to be enough to keep people alive. If your disc priest has full mana and you are out and about to innervate - tell him to use Hymn of Hope and make sure you have the Hymn buff before you cast innervate on yourself.

Wow!! Thanks a lot Whydrood!

Yes, that communication problem is really an issue on our raid group. My raid leader has seen that too and we're already fixing that.

As for the Tranquility usage, there are sometimes that I don't use it because there is just not enough damage to "waste" a CD. Should it be used even then? (considering I'll have it up for a high damage phase)

And thanks for the HotW tip, I'll try using it, just have to get used to it. Will also give a try at the haste build, just haven't done that yet because of the druid out there that insist on hitting only the first cap (3043).

Thank you one more time, especially for taking time to write me all of that!

Quote Originally Posted by borja View Post
    As for the Tranquility usage, there are sometimes that I don't use it because there is just not enough damage to "waste" a CD. Should it be used even then? (considering I'll have it up for a high damage phase)
    Well for me tranquility usage is pretty much dependant on the fight; but yes, if you can predict when the next damage spike is going to happen, and you will either have enough time to have tranquility or incarnation up for that next damage spike then by all means, use it. Think of it this way, if you don't think there is enough damage to "waste" tranquility, and you don't use it for longer than 3 minutes after you made that call, it still went to waste. It costs less to cast tranquility then it does to throw Rejuv on 2 people, and in a 10 man thats a pretty cheap powerful HoT that normally hits every raid member. On a 10+ minute fight you can get Tranq in 3-4 times. Even if it doesn't seem "worth it" to use at the time, trust me, it usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Have to agree with splowN. You're three healing fights, which are more or less tuned for two healers. The fact that those two are absorb healers, immediately will have you at the bottom of those. Though, there are a few (non-major) points you can improve by yourself:
    -Lifebloom uptime could be higher, shouldn't ever be below 90%
    -You glyphed regrowth. Use it (even more so, when OoC procs).
    -Remove HT/Nourish from your bars. HT may heal for more (if it crits), but cast's significantly slower (less rejus). Nourish is worse than rejuve, that it, entirely useless.

If he should remove H T from the bar , what Should be used in it's stead?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    If he should remove H T from the bar , what Should be used in it's stead?

That's something i would like to know too. what filler should he use when SM is on cd?
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Regrowth

You won't end up having to use it often enough to go oom, and a glyphed Regrowth is more reliable in those kind of "oh shit need a fast decent heal" situations. Unless you mean a situation in which you would have nothing to do thus wanted to cast nourish, but if that's the case you might as well dps the boss instead over casting nourishes around. If a reju is too much for healing up the dmg random aoe heals will take care of that dmg, no need to sit there casting silly heals really.
    Last edited by mmoc94cac24f38; 2013-06-10 at 08:14 AM.

* Spirit Shell is a 1 min CD. If you refuse to Tranq anytime Spirit Shell is used you're going to have a hard time figuring out when to Tranq. Spirit Shell will be up for almost every heavy damage period. Knowing fights is the best way to know when to Tranq.

* Picking up 1 extra tick on Wild Growth and 1 extra tick on SotF Rejuv for 3600 Mastery is a terrible trade. This is a 12.5% healing increase on SotF Rejuv (15.15% when you "think 4T15")/normal Wild Growth/Swiftmend-AoE and a 7% increase on SotF Wild Growth (what no less than 1/2 your SotFs should be used on). 3600 Mastery is a 7.5% additive healing increase. If you're not doing half your healing with Wild Growth/Swiftmend-AoE there's no way gaining another tick on it will be worth it. And if you're doing half your healing with Wild Growth/Swiftmend-AoE then you're probably not using Rejuv enough.

* Glyphed-Regrowth > Healing Touch in all reasonable circumstances (unreasonable circumstances include 100% Haste or Crit buffs).

Quote Originally Posted by Skagasm View Post
    * Spirit Shell is a 1 min CD. If you refuse to Tranq anytime Spirit Shell is used you're going to have a hard time figuring out when to Tranq. Spirit Shell will be up for almost every heavy damage period. Knowing fights is the best way to know when to Tranq.

* Picking up 1 extra tick on Wild Growth and 1 extra tick on SotF Rejuv for 3600 Mastery is a terrible trade. This is a 12.5% healing increase on SotF Rejuv (15.15% when you "think 4T15")/normal Wild Growth/Swiftmend-AoE and a 7% increase on SotF Wild Growth (what no less than 1/2 your SotFs should be used on). 3600 Mastery is a 7.5% additive healing increase. If you're not doing half your healing with Wild Growth/Swiftmend-AoE there's no way gaining another tick on it will be worth it. And if you're doing half your healing with Wild Growth/Swiftmend-AoE then you're probably not using Rejuv enough.

* Glyphed-Regrowth > Healing Touch in all reasonable circumstances (unreasonable circumstances include 100% Haste or Crit buffs).
    I am not going to argue numbers - at this point I don't need to, as you can already tell Skagasm I have done enough testing to make my own decision between haste and mastery. You can quote theory crafters all you want - I already know there isn't much of a difference between the 2 builds, and if there is, it is very minimal. Why people feel it necessary to stick to 3043 at a 510+ item level is beyond me. This was fine for t14 as there wasn't enough haste gear to make going further then that worth it, now though getting to that next breakpoint without sacrificing much mastery is pretty easy.

I run with a disc/holy priest. Obviously there are times when both are cast at the same time. It is however easily avoidable with communication, which was my main point. With the nerf to Spirit Shell's healing in 5.2 it usually only lasts for a couple ticks during heavy damage periods. During those periods it is better to let spirit shell work for those 2 ticks, then cast tranq, not cast them both at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whydrood View Post
    I am not going to argue numbers - at this point I don't need to, as you can already tell Skagasm I have done enough testing to make my own decision between haste and mastery. You can quote theory crafters all you want - I already know there isn't much of a difference between the 2 builds, and if there is, it is very minimal. Why people feel it necessary to stick to 3043 at a 510+ item level is beyond me. This was fine for t14 as there wasn't enough haste gear to make going further then that worth it, now though getting to that next breakpoint without sacrificing much mastery is pretty easy.
    I just wanted to say that I agree with you. I also have gone for the second haste break point and I like it. I tried switching back to mastery > haste but didn't like it, everything felt slow.

I also go for spirit > all, so I don't care at all about what others think, I go for what I feel is right for me. Think it works very well.

My main (6662 haste) : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Wir/advanced
    My alt (3188 haste) : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Wirfarm/advanced

When my alt gets more gear with haste I will go for the second haste break point with it too.