Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    I will agree with the racial bias but not the questline yes 5.3 was great for horde but that was only one patch in one expansion for almost the entirety of wraith our quest's were amazing while the horde quests were just kinda meh
    Yeah, just one part. Still sucky-lame though. Lotta potential that they missed out on. Glad they got some Zen'tabra action, but that's about it. I don't count them out to not deliver for 5.4, but who knows.

    On a less serious note: HORDE BIAS ANYWAY. ALWAYS AND FOREVER. OMFG BILZARD.

  2. #142
    Stood in the Fire Bloodfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell Land, You Don't Want to Know
    Posts
    458
    GC only said about changing Alliance racials so that they may stay on the same level as Hordish.
    Still, Unlikely to happen.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    I just wanted to be Belf Female
    Sigh.........

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    GC only said about changing Alliance racials so that they may stay on the same level as Hordish.
    Still, Unlikely to happen.
    The problem is that any time people mention buffing the alliance racials the horde fanboys nearly attack the thread taking offense that the alliance may get something good for pve.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    As I've said before, the combat-enhancing racials should be replaced by flavour and cosmetic racials. I fail to understand why they have even remained a thing for the last couple of years.

    The troll racial this tier was almost an insult.
    That +5% damage on bosses like Tortos, Ji-Kun and Horridon was so game changing. Berserking is ridiculous though I agree.

    The OP could've summed up everything to two words: Horde racials.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    That +5% damage on bosses like Tortos, Ji-Kun and Horridon was so game changing. Berserking is ridiculous though I agree.

    The OP could've summed up everything to two words: Horde racials.
    I dont know 5% of say 4million is an additional 200,000 for nothing.
    When you combine that with berserking then yeah that 5% can be fantastic.

  7. #147
    The problem was just created by Horde Racials and things like it over the years, the problem now is its reached its tipping point with hard core guilds to where I wouldn't be shocked to see 99% of them Horde by the next expansion. While the Racials contributed to it, the biggest reason now seems to be recruitment, which is understandable.

    The general player points and laughs and says so what? What the general player doesn't realize is that with new people coming in and especially vets, those looking to step up to normal or heroic raiding are going to go where the raiders are. Thats going to continue to increase on the Horde side and decrease on the Alliance. Eventually what you end up with is it tipped so far over that everyone lets everyone else either coming back or starting new know they need to go Horde for end game.

    You can see an example of it with server faction imbalance. For the most part it started off small, but once they reached a certain point they just went all the way over.
    Take Shattered Hand for example. Back in Vanilla it was a pretty balanced PvP server. It was more heavily PvE Alliance due to guilds like Death and Taxes and Drama, but much more PvP heavy on the Horde side. Once Death and Taxes bailed alot of those raiders went to the Horde side and started a new guild that would dominate the server until Cata. Thus everyday more and more the server went Horde, and then when faction transfers were allowed that was the death nail for Alliance on the server. When Cata arrived our Alliance guild jumped ship to another server, deciding not to deal with the massive imbalance. Today from what I've been told, you would be hard pressed to put a 25 man raid together period on the Alliance side.

    The same thing will eventually happen game wide if they don't do anything about it, except for maybe very casual servers where raid progress isn't that big of a deal. ( Thats kind of how my current server is now)

    TBH it may already be too late though. Its not exactly easy to stop an avalanche once its started.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2013-06-11 at 02:10 PM.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    The problem was just created by Horde Racials and things like it over the years, the problem now is its reached its tipping point with hard core guilds to where I wouldn't be shocked to see 99% of them Horde by the next expansion. While the Racials contributed to it, the biggest reason now seems to be recruitment, which is understandable.

    The general player points and laughs and says so what? What the general player doesn't realize is that with new people coming in and especially vets, those looking to step up to normal or heroic raiding are going to go where the raiders are. Thats going to continue to increase on the Horde side and decrease on the Alliance. Eventually what you end up with is it tipped so far over that everyone lets everyone else either coming back or starting new know they need to go Horde for end game.

    You can see an example of it with server faction imbalance. For the most part it started off small, but once they reached a certain point they just went all the way over.
    Take Shattered Hand for example. Back in Vanilla it was a pretty balanced PvP server. It was more heavily PvE Alliance due to guilds like Death and Taxes and Drama, but much more PvP heavy on the Horde side. Once Death and Taxes bailed alot of those raiders went to the Horde side and started a new guild that would dominate the server until Cata. Thus everyday more and more the server went Horde, and then when faction transfers were allowed that was the death nail for Alliance on the server. When Cata arrived our Alliance guild jumped ship to another server, deciding not to deal with the massive imbalance. Today from what I've been told, you would be hard pressed to put a 25 man raid together period on the Alliance side.

    The same thing will eventually happen game wide if they don't do anything about it, except for maybe very casual servers where raid progress isn't that big of a deal. ( Thats kind of how my current server is now)

    TBH it may already be too late though. Its not exactly easy to stop an avalanche once its started.
    Agree 100%, people are focusing on the small issues when the large issue is that unless blizzard takes drastic action the alliance playerbase wil continue to drop and this is where mmo's die off when one faction becomes the dominant force.

  9. #149
    If you find you need to switch to a populated server (which has, is and will be an issue) your choices are heavily skewed to picking horde on a server. Even some medium to low dying servers are really only dead alliance side.

    The imbalance of horde->alliance feeds the transferring from alliance to horde. The racials are just icing.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

  10. #150
    High Overlord Incarnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    The problem was just created by Horde Racials and things like it over the years, the problem now is its reached its tipping point with hard core guilds to where I wouldn't be shocked to see 99% of them Horde by the next expansion. While the Racials contributed to it, the biggest reason now seems to be recruitment, which is understandable.

    The general player points and laughs and says so what? What the general player doesn't realize is that with new people coming in and especially vets, those looking to step up to normal or heroic raiding are going to go where the raiders are. Thats going to continue to increase on the Horde side and decrease on the Alliance. Eventually what you end up with is it tipped so far over that everyone lets everyone else either coming back or starting new know they need to go Horde for end game.

    You can see an example of it with server faction imbalance. For the most part it started off small, but once they reached a certain point they just went all the way over.
    Take Shattered Hand for example. Back in Vanilla it was a pretty balanced PvP server. It was more heavily PvE Alliance due to guilds like Death and Taxes and Drama, but much more PvP heavy on the Horde side. Once Death and Taxes bailed alot of those raiders went to the Horde side and started a new guild that would dominate the server until Cata. Thus everyday more and more the server went Horde, and then when faction transfers were allowed that was the death nail for Alliance on the server. When Cata arrived our Alliance guild jumped ship to another server, deciding not to deal with the massive imbalance. Today from what I've been told, you would be hard pressed to put a 25 man raid together period on the Alliance side.

    The same thing will eventually happen game wide if they don't do anything about it, except for maybe very casual servers where raid progress isn't that big of a deal. ( Thats kind of how my current server is now)

    TBH it may already be too late though. Its not exactly easy to stop an avalanche once its started.
    I think you sums it up great... We are still Alliance, <Immersion> Frostmane EU - and I count on the fact that we will stay Alliance in the foreseeable future, but, I feel somewhat concerned.. I'm an ex-raider whom no longer got the time to put into raiding as I once had, but I do know our guilds atmosphere and that is to progress and to stay in top.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    This is something I've been talking about for years. Racials are broken beyond belief.
    what? they are not broken its just top tier raiders try to use every bit of advantage even if its sooooo small. so yes the difference almost doesnt exist. I am oppose to everything which will bring more homogenisation.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-06-12 at 03:00 PM.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    what? they are not broken its just top tier raiders try to use every bit of advantage even if its sooooo small. so yes the difference almost doesnt exist. I am oppose to everything which will bring more homogenisation.
    top tier are u joking me, This week alone from wildhammer eu about 73 heroic lvl raiders not top end but normal 5/12 heroic switched horde and all of them became troll for the bonuses and guild oppurtunities.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    top tier are u joking me, This week alone from wildhammer eu about 73 heroic lvl raiders not top end but normal 5/12 heroic switched horde and all of them became troll for the bonuses and guild oppurtunities.
    Just checking wowprogress, there are ally guilds finished heroics so it can be done without horde racials. Maybe people should blame their skills rather than their racials? If people want to get some more advantage so be it but that doesn't even slightly means racials are BORKEN BEYOND IMAGINATION. The more people cry for slight differences, the more game will be homogenized. I am all in for more distinctive classes, racials, everything even if it's going to be imbalanced to a certain degree. The game is not balanced anyway.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-06-12 at 09:05 PM.

  14. #154
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Just checking wowprogress, there are ally guilds finished heroics so it can be done without horde racials. Maybe people should blame their skills rather than their racials? If people want to get some more advantage so be it but that doesn't even slightly means racials are BORKEN BEYOND IMAGINATION. The more people cry for slight differences, the more game will be homogenized. I am all in for more distinctive classes, racials, everything even if it's going to be imbalanced to a certain degree. The game is not balanced anyway.
    The highest ranked Alliance guild (Midwinter) took 11 more days to get to 13/13 compared to Method.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  15. #155
    2005 - my realm (zenedar) horde 3:1 alliance!
    2013 - my realm (zenedar) horde 179:1 alliance.. :O

    sup?

    * some stats might have been swayed but it might be even worse. There is no alliance now.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The highest ranked Alliance guild (Midwinter) took 11 more days to get to 13/13 compared to Method.
    Which indicates racials are broken beyond imagination? No, I don't think so. You are exaggerating. Racials are totally fine.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    there are ally guilds finished heroics so it can be done without horde racials.
    This argument can be used against practically everything. It is an especially pointless one in the competitive scene.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The game is not balanced anyway.
    That does not mean that it should not be balanced better. As far as distinct races go, the combat-enhancing racials offer nothing that cosmetic and flavour racials couldn't.

  18. #158
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,830
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    2005 - my realm (zenedar) horde 3:1 alliance!
    2013 - my realm (zenedar) horde 179:1 alliance.. :O

    sup?

    * some stats might have been swayed but it might be even worse. There is no alliance now.
    Gravitation towards a dominant faction is quite common. Kel'Thuzad-US is 99% Alliance, so it swings both ways, although these 99%/1% servers tend to be Horde favored. (Other examples include Area 52, Illidan, Mal'Ganis-US)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Which indicates racials are broken beyond imagination? No, I don't think so. You are exaggerating. Racials are totally fine.
    Nobody usually cares about guilds that get World/Region/Realm Seconds and beyond. Which is why you hear a lot about Blood Legion, Paragon, and Method, but you don't usually hear about Midwinter.

    Also, people who want to do end-game content would do themselves a disfavor by not going to the faction/guild with the furthest progression that will accept them.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-06-13 at 08:18 AM.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  19. #159
    High Overlord Kaxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Coventry, England
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    This argument can be used against practically everything. It is an especially pointless one in the competitive scene.



    That does not mean that it should not be balanced better. As far as distinct races go, the combat-enhancing racials offer nothing that cosmetic and flavour racials couldn't.
    i just wanna be green keoren :'(

    Signature by Shyama

  20. #160
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    top tier are u joking me, This week alone from wildhammer eu about 73 heroic lvl raiders not top end but normal 5/12 heroic switched horde and all of them became troll for the bonuses and guild oppurtunities.
    All that tells me is that there are 73 Alliance lemmings who are now Horde lemmings. Welcome, er, I guess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •