Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    Out of my entire wow career, I have spent 5 as horde and 4 as alliance, dual mains. This is my opinion and only my experience but I have found the alliance to be a infestation of casual type players. In my 5 years, I have never received a ticket for language on my horde toons, on alliance if you say "ass" or "dousch" some uppity like bitch will report you. As a player, I'd like to consider myself a harder then average raider usually us 200, I can assure you the alliance lore has nothing to do with why I would faction change. Hard core raid guilds will never transfer because of lore, ever lol. It has been my experience that the alliance community is a do nothing community. Granted I have players on Anetheron(now dead but was kicking during lich king), Uldaman(during lich king and cata and the start of mop) and firetree(BC) but those communitys were once thriving with people and now are pretty much deserted. While they were thriving though, the community was just one extreme of being arrogant try hard pro or complete noob. It was the same on all 3 servers, and after personally trying to show new players raiding ethics in cata with it dismally failing I gave up. Excluding ToT because of the troll racials, I don't believe racials really have to do with it. If your looking at 1-2% damage thinking hey these racial's would push it. Maybe if it were a beast boss and you had 10+trolls lol. If your looking for that 1-2%, then your raiders arn't exploiting the same bugs everyother HM guild is doing out there. iceblocking on H council, juicing IQ etc. I really feel that the alliance community is the reason why many guilds are going horde, they are too good know it all stuck people for the most part. In my experience. If you do some research on worldoflogs and look for ranking players, the majority are alliance and not horde.
    Last edited by Ailerist; 2013-06-13 at 08:54 AM.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    Out of my entire wow career, I have spent 5 as horde and 4 as alliance, dual mains. This is my opinion and only my experience but I have found the alliance to be a infestation of casual type players. In my 5 years, I have never received a ticket for language on my horde toons, on alliance if you say "ass" or "dousch" some uppity like bitch will report you. As a player, I'd like to consider myself a harder then average raider usually us 200, I can assure you the alliance lore has nothing to do with why I would faction change. Hard core raid guilds will never transfer because of lore, ever lol. It has been my experience that the alliance community is a do nothing community. Granted I have players on Anetheron(now dead but was kicking during lich king), Uldaman(during lich king and cata and the start of mop) and firetree(BC) but those communitys were once thriving with people and now are pretty much deserted. While they were thriving though, the community was just one extreme of being arrogant try hard pro or complete noob. It was the same on all 3 servers, and after personally trying to show new players raiding ethics in cata with it dismally failing I gave up. Excluding ToT because of the troll racials, I don't believe racials really have to do with it. If your looking at 1-2% damage thinking hey these racial's would push it. Maybe if it were a beast boss and you had 10+trolls lol. If your looking for that 1-2%, then your raiders arn't exploiting the same bugs everyother HM guild is doing out there. iceblocking on H council, juicing IQ etc. I really feel that the alliance community is the reason why many guilds are going horde, they are too good know it all stuck people for the most part. In my experience
    I tried horde for cata dragonsoul era and have to say that I had the opposite reaction.
    The alliance seemed to be the more mature playerbase on average and the main reason for this is that a lot of new younger players like the idea of playing undead or tauren or belf and from my research they find the alliance races boring in comparison although worgen got a few people's choice.

    I will admit the horde do have the larger and thus older crowd also but from my experience the typical alliance player by which I mean a raider or pvper is around 20-35. I think in all my years playing wow I have met 7 alliance players under the age of 18.

  3. #163
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,825
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    I tried horde for cata dragonsoul era and have to say that I had the opposite reaction.
    The alliance seemed to be the more mature playerbase on average and the main reason for this is that a lot of new younger players like the idea of playing undead or tauren or belf and from my research they find the alliance races boring in comparison although worgen got a few people's choice.

    I will admit the horde do have the larger and thus older crowd also but from my experience the typical alliance player by which I mean a raider or pvper is around 20-35. I think in all my years playing wow I have met 7 alliance players under the age of 18.
    Unfortunately, due to the fact that Moon Guard's Goldshire still exists the way it is, people will continue to use that as an example of the Alliance player base being immature.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  4. #164
    Interesting and well thought out post. Some people are dismissing the racials, but all things considered and especially where server 1sts and world 1sts, and top 100 etc, those things actually matter. The difference between 1 and 2% can and is the difference in downing bosses.

    It's also an interesting notion, at least in terms of guilds that most higher end guilds are gonig horde, if indeed it's true and can be backed up with statistics. It makes sense. If you want to new players, it's much easier for a player to transfer to your server if he doesn't have to faction change. He's much more apt to join your guild over another guild if it's a difference of money, esp in regards to multiple toons.

    For example, I'm a horde and my guild has died, I'm looking for another guild, and find a few on different servers. Your best options are a horde guild and an alliance guild. If you're horde, it's just cheaper to transfer your entourage. Let's face it, if you are a raider, chances are you don't only have 1 toon. You have multiple alts, gatherers and crafters,etc...

    And if you're an alliance guild and needing people, and you are trying to recruit, but most of the raiders are on horde side, you're fighting a losing battle. Best to change and give yourself and your guild a chance.

    edit: As of right now, in the top 100 guilds, according to WoW progress, over 70 of them are horde. Thus if it becomes a trend, at this point in the life of WoW, it might be unrecoverable, at least in terms of alliance raiding. One of the main reasons I left was because our guild was dying, and I didn't want to spend the money to not only server transfer but to also faction transfer. 5 toons, $50 a piece if it meant moving all of my major toons and faction changing as well. Wasn't worth it. I quit instead.
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2013-06-13 at 09:59 AM.

  5. #165
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    Why am I making such a big deal out of a supposed 2% difference in dps? As an Alliance player who likes to raid hardcore, it's rather irksome to log on one day and find that 4-5 of your friends in other hardcore raiding guilds are no longer Alliance because their guilds faction changed due to said racials.
    Going to quote this for truth. In addition 2% is no longer it anymore.

    Trolls are already one of the best DPS races in the game (if not the best for some classes) even ignoring the 5% beast racial altogether.

    Add in the fact that many, many bosses in Throne of Thunder (and possibly Siege) are beasts, and you have up to 7% DPS (if not more due to Horde burst cooldowns). Considering even this tier, one of the biggest initial cockblocks (before gear) was Horridon, a 7% increase is massive (how many low % wipes could have been recorded?) But even if you completely removed that gamebreaking +5% beast bonus, Horde racials are still a lot better!

    Finally I think all alliance guilds are really feeling the pain right now, from the semi-hardcore up to the hardcore. I can only see more Horde transfers and dying factions, and even (more) dying guilds, if Blizzard can't wake the fuck up to this problem.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 10:09 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    I really feel that the alliance community is the reason why many guilds are going horde, they are too good know it all stuck people for the most part.
    Nothing can be further from the truth. 1) Community really varies based on server, not faction. 2) You'll find idiots everywhere. Every faction, every race, every server, every /general channel. As a raider you really just learn to ignore them. Having played on multiple realms from a semi-hardcore to a hardcore level on both factions, there are only two things I noticed:

    1) PvE and PvP realms have different community bases.
    2) Dead realms have by far the shittiest communities.

    Nothing else really matters, other than alliance faction dying = alliance faction community dying.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-06-13 at 10:12 AM.

  6. #166
    This is a big problem in Asian servers as well. Most of the top raiders are Horde and the servers they play on have been affected so much by transfers that they have become one-sided inbalanced. Alliance have basically become extinct in those server. The Alliance refugees in turn have transferred off to other servers.

    I guess it will probably take 99% of the raiding population to transfer Horde before Blizz realizes it's a problem.
    But then they'll just make Alliance racials OP, and tilt the balance in the other direction.
    They'll make $$$$$$$$ either way.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    I just wanted to be Belf Female
    No Nik, what have you done!?

    As for the topic: I'd love to see balanced racials, if that just would be possible.. I'm afraid it's not happening though.
    Main: Rogue - Alt: Balance Druid

  8. #168
    The issue will remain until the top tier of raiding consists of all horde.

    I hope in siege that the top 25 guilds are all horde and blizzard finally see's the issue going on.

  9. #169
    Well the top alliance guild on my realm recently left to transfer to horde.... The reasons were nothing more than the fact that ours is a dead realm which makes it harder to recruit. They went to draenor horde which is the top ranked EU English PVE realm. It had nothing to do with factions... It was purely down to realms and the ability to recruit.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Well the top alliance guild on my realm recently left to transfer to horde.... The reasons were nothing more than the fact that ours is a dead realm which makes it harder to recruit. They went to draenor horde which is the top ranked EU English PVE realm. It had nothing to do with factions... It was purely down to realms and the ability to recruit.
    yup the recruit factor is so powerful atm for the horde

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •