Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How do you choose your race?

I was curious how you all choose your toon's race? I thought I would be into leveling a Troll but unfortunately I didn't feel it. I mean, I am a huge fan of Vol'jin...but the voices acting, and homeland didn't do it for me. I am thinking trying a dwarf to see if that is a better fit for me. Any advice or recommendations on a race/starting area

looks, lore, and culture.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I like things that look good, and wears armor well. So blood elf females mostly, taurens for plate and leather.

Thanks. Me too. I think Dwarf is probably the way to go. The only downside is that the gear looks a bit tiny on them. But lore, looks, etc are very solid

Deleted
    usually i think of a name and work around that , what it feels like most.

Deleted
    Unfortunately I pick a race based on the best racials and I'm stuck on the Alliance side because of my guild but otherwise I'd go for human since I feel that transmogrification works better with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead because undead. Really nothing more to be said beyond that.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    Starting zone quality and whether the class/race combo makes sense for the class I want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly the lore. I loved the Trolls in the Warcraft universe, especially in WC3, so Troll was an obvious choice.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    My boyfriend was horde so I went horde. I didn't know anything about Warcraft and chose to be a belf bc they weren't ugly. Yep that was it, shallow I know but I didn't know anything about the game and didn't think I would get hooked.

Looks mostly. I have an alt of every race, except ofc for pandaren.

Deleted
    Whichever offers the most DPS for my class, I feel gimped otherwise. :\ Only thing I truly dislike in the game because I'm unable to shake that "I'm not playing to my full potential" feeling.

Lore, hell how they wear different tiers I use for transmogrifying.. Nostalgia and that they are not dwarves

in old times i was changing race to get most of dps/raid proffits.

Now when im playing from time to time - i just tak what looks nice and i feel class+race mix

but when i will go back to raiding - again what race will get me best on raid

Orc and Human. Orc because of lore, culture, and they look awesome in most gear that isn't cloth. Human because of lore, culture, elwynn forest, westfall, redridge, and they look the best in most gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aesthetics. As far as roleplay, I really can't RP much more than humans. I have a Pandaren and a Gnome who I RP with a little bit, but I can't "get into" them for long.

For what it's worth, here's my lineup (all females):

Pandaren Monk
    Worgen Rogue
    Human Death Knight
    Human Warlock
    Worgen Druid
    Gnome Priest
    Dwarf Paladin
    Human Mage
    Human Hunter
    Draenei Shaman
    Draenei Warrior
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Animations and looks count mostly for me

Deleted
    Looks only, I don't really care for the lore behind a race to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to pick something I don't already have yet, and tend to stay fairly even on males to females.

I miss when i was able to have male female of each race on one server for a single faction...
    Last edited by HeroZero; 2013-06-09 at 09:12 AM.