Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I go with best ratical. Since i am alliance i have all humans(beside gnome warlock and rogue for , you know why, cus they are awesome) More rep For PVE and daliyes. free PVP trinkets, and even useuable in some raids. But also, because humans look nice, all armor look nice on them, male or female. Would anyway be human i play for the lore/look that or night elf

10+ Year Old Account
    Used to be just looks, so a lot of trolls and orcs.

But since I switched to Alliance and helped start up a raiding guild a few months back, I go through our guild achievements and see what's needed for the "Classy Race" ones and fill those in.

Deleted
    I chose Alliance because I simply don't like the component races of the Horde (namely the forsaken).

Never rolled a horde race, and I'm probably not going to do that in the future.

Dwarf. There are no others!
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Deleted
    Blood Elves given the looks, faction and lore.
    Undead are second fav. (I liked their old architecture better though, example: Old Brill)

My friend says people choose Trolls only for Da Feet x)

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally have to say Humans and Orcs are always my first. They are like the red and blue of the game to me. Both are amazing looking in armor, both have the richest lore and history. Plus they pretty much the main race of their faction. The Orc starting zones are kinda crap in my opinion, really bland. Human ain't so bad. Elwynn is okay if you can tough out like 6-10. Once i got to the Duskwood though, that was some fun right there. Always going to be an opinion of course.

I usually just pick a race depending on how aesthetically appealing they are to me, then by the appeal the Lore has to me.
    I'm, for the best part, a huge fan of Orcs and have been for quite a while, mainly because of the mixture of their brutish nature/culture to a spiritual and shamanistic matriarchy in nagrand.

for alliance, probably Night Elf or Draenei are my most favourite because of nelf lore and draenei appearances.

Of course, I only play male characters. never females
    Last edited by alexday14; 2013-06-23 at 04:02 PM.

slime

Deleted
    Butts. Thus I chose Draenei.

Seriously though. Drae have lovely racials, great looks, and a lore you can both really get into -and- play with at the same time.

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on my intentions for the toon, if it is a toon I plan to main in either PvE or PvP I may well roll because of racials (though I try to avoid humans because they're fugly imo)

If the new toon isn't going to be maining in anything it comes down to what I feel best suits the class I want to roll, both in looks, style and lore. Only 1 toon really breaks this way of creation (IMO) and that is my dwarf priest. I rolled it as a PvE main, yet it probably doesn't have the best PvE racials going, I don't think dwarves are the best fit for priests either. But I'd decided to roll a priest and I wanted to play a dwarf (my first alliance toon and they were the only alliance race I really liked at the time tbh)

10+ Year Old Account
    Class > Armor > What it looks like on races that can be said Class.

EG: Male dwarves look pretty snazzy in some of the Paladin and Warrior tiers. But no robes.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I usually pick my race by looking at the cast/melee animations. That is one of the most important things to me.
    Then i look at how shoulders and helms look at the specific race. If thats ok, hes mine.

But now that i got tmorph, i dont really care since all my chars are orcs and undead now <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    I usually pick my race by looking at the cast/melee animations. That is one of the most important things to me.
    Then i look at how shoulders and helms look at the specific race. If thats ok, hes mine.

But now that i got tmorph, i dont really care since all my chars are orcs and undead now <3
    you realize that your risking your account by using Tmorph ?
    It is banned by blizzards, (both methods) and warden can detect your using it. Remember that blizzard do bans in waves, so just because you havent been banned at the moment, does not mean your safe from the next wave.

Deleted
    Anything with good posture and boots, which limits the selection to Blood Elves.
    Humans are fat clunky
    Trolls on character selection screen look ugly as hell
    Goblins shaman totems aside, dont like them, short, ugly, gear looks crap on them.
    Taurens my second favourite race but again, hooves..
    Orcs decent posture, gear looks cool on them especially the huge shoulders.
    NightElves cool, dont like male casting animation though (tribeam anyone?)
    Dwarves nah cant stand them except one choice on the male face selection screen, the really wierd/angry looking one.
    dranei female cool except hooves, male dont like the voice or the dance again hooves.
    gnomes female cool, males fugly.
    panda rolled a male panda on the ptr the way they run is repulsive, havent bothered with female.
    worgen hell no some people think they look cool, i think they are ugly, hunched over and the constant dog sounds is a major put off.
    Undead super cool but boney knees exposed and hunched over particularly as male i dont dig it.

so Blood Elves by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    you realize that your risking your account by using Tmorph ?
    It is banned by blizzards, (both methods) and warden can detect your using it. Remember that blizzard do bans in waves, so just because you havent been banned at the moment, does not mean your safe from the next wave.
    Myeah i know, tho loads of ppl use it. Including streamers. Im using it for a couple months now, never heard anything.

So yeah, im not that scared of getting banned, and if i do, so be it.

Heads off to find some wood to knock on..
    Last edited by wickedbastard; 2013-06-24 at 09:36 AM.

Easy, I pick troll every time.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Class > Armor > What it looks like on races that can be said Class.

EG: Male dwarves look pretty snazzy in some of the Paladin and Warrior tiers. But no robes.
    That sums it up for me, even though my first ever toon was due to me liking the race (trolls), it was the whole idea of troll shamans and their accent that i liked. But the gear looks bad on trolls, so I never rolled another one until troll druids became available.
    I feel plate gear looks great on forsaken, and robes dont look too bad on them either. So I rolled some forsaken toons.
    On Alliance side, worgen are beastly!

I could expand it a tad further :

Faction > Class > Armor looks > body posture > face (yes, that one is important, too)

trolls have terrible body postures, and gnomes (males), orcs* + dwarves (female), and tauren (overall) have terrible faces...

*Femaile orcs also make repulsive grunts in combat. (some friends did not like BE female combat noises, too - so I guess that is also a factor in deciding races)
    Last edited by ttak82; 2013-06-24 at 09:45 AM.

overall appearance for the most part. Though I have made one of each expansion offered race simply because I wanted to play their starting area content. Sadly its their fixed starting content that leads me away from making alts of those races so I tend to the original races; races not prevented from leaving area/pvp etc)
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

I play on an RP server, so I pick a race based on what would make the most compelling character to roleplay with.
    That's for characters I RP with, though. My mining/herb alt, for example, is a gnome Death Knight, because nothing says badass like a tiny ball of death with pink pig tails.

Mainly just picked what I liked the look of and what I felt matched the class I wanted to play.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    mostly looks & lore reasons; I have two characters

-Tauren female Shaman...I just really love their casting animation, male are way too bulky and ugly.

-Human female Paladin...I am a big fan of the whole Argent Dawn lore.

I always liked the Shaman/Paladin aspect in the game and how they sometimes have similar spells but with different effects: Totems vs. Blessings, etc.
    So my Shaman is Horde, my Paladin Alliance

Strangly enough, I only choose vanilla races to play. I don't like the newer races, they destroy my personal 'wow-core-feeling'