Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chose gnome mage originally for racials in Classic, practically all the others were just based on looks with the exception of 'my' warrior which I race changed to tauren for the HP racial before I decided I wasn't going to switch to horde after all, and so changed it to a dwarf for stoneform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei, because the other alliance races that can be paladins look awful and I don't like playing horde. Appearance and lore are pretty much main way I choose, screw the fact that my racials are complete shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, I stay away from the races I dislike (Orcs, Tauren and Night Elves, don't ask why). When I want to roll a character, I think of what would be the most confusing and non-fitting race for that class. Therefore, I have a healing Forsaken Monk (a dead martial arts badass throwing fog and people), a tanking Gnome Warrior etc.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Looks mainly. Night elf female prot warrior is amazing. I love their monk animations too. As far as RP its always male blood elf prot pally. Something about one in full CM gold gear makes me nerdgazm especially if wearing crusader or light of dawn or even better, grand crusader

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually get an idea for a character, think of a basic storyline for him / her and run with. Though I never seem to get to Outland because I'm just so over levelling. I do of course look for whatever looks good in a particular type of gear but its never really a big part of my choice, I much prefer something I can write a story around.

Diversity. I have one of every class and at least one of every Alliance race. Still have my first character which was a Troll Hunter, though.
    2 Humans
    2 Draenei
    1 Gnome
    1 Dwarf
    1 Night Elf
    1 Worgen
    1 Pandaren
    1 Troll
    Really, I just like having unique characters to play as. Playing only one race gets really boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Looks before everything. If I don't like the way my toon looks there is no way I can drum up the motivation to do anything with it.

I always choose elfs (night elfs or blood elfs) because I like the elf archers in warcraft 3

Deleted
    I choose on whatever race i prefer the most. This is mostly dwarf or draenei

- - - Updated - - -

If i choose horde side then i would go for tauren or troll!

Deleted
    Definately going by looks and how they wear armor

I just go by whatever I will enjoy looking at the most and think is the coolest.

Looks and lore.

Blood elf female,night elf female and troll male.

Both elves look very good and have good lore and the troll looks to cool to skip,so ofc i had to have one.

Deleted
    For me it was 99% looks, 0,5% racial abilities, 0,5% lore! I chose human :< (Original i know).

10+ Year Old Account
    I choose my race by whatever race gives the best racials for a certain class. Min maxing power gamer!

racial and cuteness. pandas have both so i am veryy happy!

First I was Orc based off looks then I went troll for DPS increase and looks. Troll is master race.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    I try as much as possible to be diverse when making characters, but my inner hipster always makes me go either female Dwarf or male Draenei, just because they're fairly uncommon on my server. Either that, or male Blood Elves, but that's just because of the voice actor. Oh Kratos...

Deleted
    Male Bloodelf monk, I wanted to play on the Horde side but at the same time look human/nearly human, and i look fabulous

15+ Year Old Account
    Mostly play Worgen and Pandas now, with the odd elf here and there...

Well, my Hunter and Warrior(Nightelves) I made for mostly RP reasons(My warrior is based off my DnD character, for example...).

Worgen and Pandas? I think they're awesome~(And pandagirls are soooo cute!)

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to have 1 toon of each and when i was making a new character i would choose a race i hadn't played yet. Having one of each sort of made them unique to me and let me connect with them on a more personal level.
    Hi