10+ Year Old Account

Has there been any kind of real movement to get Hunters pistols and be able to DW?

I got to thinking about it and was talking with a friend about it a bit, well I was wondering if there has been any kind of real movement or just mostly a few hopefuls?

No? Hunters are already the only class which used (two-handed) bows/xbows/guns, I don't think they'd want to add another category of weapon solely for hunters. I especially wouldn't want to farm 2 of them, considering I've been farming H-Tortos and H-Iron Qon for 2 months and H-Durumu for a couple weeks and am still using a 496 + 2/2 gun from normal Terrace.

I think the guns would be a fun addition personally. I wish they'd expand on the current weapons a lot. Flails, Lances, Glaives, Make more strength polearms and spears.

Frankly a strength staff would be cool, go all Paladin Monk
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I got to thinking about it and was talking with a friend about it a bit, well I was wondering if there has been any kind of real movement or just mostly a few hopefuls?
    Yeah, it's not going to happen. Most are under the impression the next new class will utilize ranged weapons because blizzard isn't big on exclusive loot. Also, do you really want yet another aspect of our class that blizzard cannot tune? We are band-aided every patch as is, to me this is something people need to think about before asking for. While it may look cool......what's the point?

What's the point?

Next class shadowranger with dual wield crossbows and pistols... cool enough to be highly wanted right?
    I know i'd play it

10+ Year Old Account
    I just thought it could be cool and I heard talk of it in the past, I just took a long break from WoW a while ago so I was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I just thought it could be cool and I heard talk of it in the past, I just took a long break from WoW a while ago so I was just curious.
    Probably not. No animations (blizzard has said they aren't keen on making them either). More exclusive loot is probably another indicator that they won't add them, especially when you have to get 2 of them to be usable. Maybe if they add another ranged class that can use them...

Deleted
    titans grip for hunters, problem solved

I remember at one point someone at Blizzard stating as well, that animating pistols would be a rather time consuming task without much reward. As in it only affects one class that already has 3 weapon types to choose from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mahananaka View Post
    I remember at one point someone at Blizzard stating as well, that animating pistols would be a rather time consuming task without much reward. As in it only affects one class that already has 3 weapon types to choose from.
    Ahh okay...sucks but I suppose I will have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gronch View Post
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by gronch View Post
    Like this? (I may have gotten bugged in jade temple...)

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Like this? (I may have gotten bugged in jade temple...)
    Yes exactly like this. To counteract it being OP and to actually implement the physical requirements of firing: You have to sit on your butt (no moving while firing) and draw the weapons with your feet.