Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I'll think about whether or not I care about Prism when companies have to stop being 10x more invasive.

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    Well, what do you want? Privacy or security?
    Ooh ooh, I love false dichotomies! I choose you, privacy!

Back in reality I don't trust my government to manage either. I should know, I elected those clowns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    So what do you purpose? they are doing it for fun? What advantage are they gaining by doing this? You must really think little of the USA to think they are just wasting money on this project and seeing nothing in return.
    I suggest you read some Orwell. Or history of any fascist society in general.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    PRISM is a necessary evil, used by the US government, to help foil terror plots. Sure, they collect information about our private communications, but in the interests of national security, we have to balance the needs of the protectors vs those of the protected. In this case, if you can trust the watchers, the information will not be used against US citizens, but rather used to protect them.

While a complicated issue, the short version is that we have to trust the NSA and other government organizations with what they do.

(and Snowden is an absolute traitor, very tough to argue otherwise)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    So what do you purpose? they are doing it for fun? What advantage are they gaining by doing this? You must really think little of the USA to think they are just wasting money on this project and seeing nothing in return.
    Oh. they see plenty in return. But the return has basically nothing to do with terrorists.

Go look at the usage of the USAPATRIOT act. It's been almost exclusively used to further the self-harming futility known as the war on drugs.

If you don't think PRISIM and whatever the hell else they're using has similar usage patterns, you're just not paying attention.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Oh. they see plenty in return. But the return has basically nothing to do with terrorists.

Go look at the usage of the USAPATRIOT act. It's been almost exclusively used to further the self-harming futility known as the war on drugs.

If you don't think PRISIM and whatever the hell else they're using has similar usage patterns, you're just not paying attention.
    How would you have any idea what PRISM has been used for other than what they've told us. If you don't think they can hide any and all usage of PRISM and the Patriot Act, then you're just not paying attention. (see what I did there? )