Profession Question For Shamans Blacksmithing and Engineering?

So I recently hit 90 on my shaman and was wondering what professions to roll and I was looking at top Elemental shamans to see what they were doing for professions and I noticed none of them were using Blacksmithing and Engineering all though a lot were using one or the other. And I was thinking of doing Blacksmithing and Engineering as my professions. So my question to you is, is there anything wrong or bad about using those 2 professions together or why it may not be recommended Just because i had never seen anyone with the two together so thought id ask. Thanks for your time and any helpful information you can give me.
    Last edited by Eutyr; 2013-06-09 at 09:21 AM.

Well, in general Engineering is the best profession for DPS classes. And Blacksmithing is best for those classes for which gemming pure secondary stats is better than agi/str/int (such as Fire Mages or Fury Warriors).

If you wish to save money a lot in the long run from enchants, go with LW and Inscription, both provide the norm Profession bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Well, in general Engineering is the best profession for DPS classes. And Blacksmithing is best for those classes for which gemming pure secondary stats is better than agi/str/int (such as Fire Mages or Fury Warriors).

If you wish to save money a lot in the long run from enchants, go with LW and Inscription, both provide the norm Profession bonus.
    Ahh okay ill look into that moneys not much of an issue for me though so I don't mind dropping a lot of gold for professions.