Deleted

Known issues for subscribing with PayPal?

Hi everyone,

First of all I want to warn you that my English isn't that good, but I hope you guys will understand what I mean.

So I really like the game, and I'm considering to buy subscription.
    Now the problem is I don't have any of the payment methods (I have a Maestro Card)
    so my only option would be to use PayPal.

I have already a PayPal account, that I linked with my bank account (so NOT linked with a card)
    I went through everything on the PayPal site to fully register my account.

Now here is where I start my question.

2 weeks ago I tried to buy Minecraft, and because I had the same problem as I have with SWTOR, that I don't have any of the cards for paying, I created a PayPal account and I tried to buy Minecraft with PayPal, but I always got an error.

This is the error I got.
    (because this is my first post i wasn't allowed to post images etc. so here is the link to error: i46.tinypic(dot)com/20qhlw5(dot)png

I both contacted Mojang support and PayPal support, but they were blaming each other for the problem...
    The only solution I got was to use a different payment method, which was not possible for me.
    So I never could buy Minecraft...

Now my question is if there are any known issues for subscribing with PayPal.
    So I don't run in to problems, contacting supports for more than a week and only get the answer that you have to use a different payment method, which I can't, with the result that I would never be able to subscribe for SWTOR, which would really be awful :s

Thanks in advance

BTW: I live in Belgium if this can help

I've used paypal to buy a digitual upgrade pack a year or so ago and it worked just fine. Have no credit card associated with my PayPal account either. Unfortunately the error is so generic that it's impossible to tell why it failed.

Do you have enough money on the paypal account ? (accounts supported by a bank account have to be charged upfront as far as I know)

Alternatively you could look at Amazon and buy a gametime card. Not sure how it compares to a "normal" subscription price wise, but Amazon should accept your payments just fine.

I don't have a paypal account which is linked to my bank account (due to security reason I'd never do that either), however messages like this are hardly to find the culprit. In this case I'd advise to buy gamecards.

I never had this message nor any problems with paypal so far.