Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitestrife View Post
    They do have a dynamic proc chance based on the last proc in seconds (depends on rppm-rate, haste and time) so no - you are wrong.
    AKA, Don't touch the trash and you get a free proc. Thanks for supporting my scumbag ways blizz!

They do have a dynamic proc chance based on the last proc in seconds (depends on rppm-rate, haste and time) so no - you are wrong.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197741003

Quote from Nethaera: "Last night we hotfixed in a change for trinkets that use the RPPM system. Every time your trinket fails to proc, it increases the chance it will proc. Unlucky streaks will be more rare and extremely unlucky streaks should never happen. In addition, we increased the chance for these trinkets to proc on the pull."

So no - you are wrong. Really though. Sure, if you wait 15 minutes before each fight to pull, you'll have a higher chance to proc your RPPM trinket(s) earlier, but regardless the proc chance will build up whenever it doesn't proc, even in combat. I don't really see the system as too flawed, at least not after they tweaked it. But I feel it has a bad synergy with non-RPPM trinkets, i.e. the SPA-trinket (which I'm still stuck with), based purely on my personal experience and play, not actual numbers.

The RPPM-trinkets aren't designed around taking huge breaks before a boss fight to stack up their initial proc rate. That's just a bonus.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zareth View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197741003

Quote from Nethaera: "Last night we hotfixed in a change for trinkets that use the RPPM system. Every time your trinket fails to proc, it increases the chance it will proc. Unlucky streaks will be more rare and extremely unlucky streaks should never happen. In addition, we increased the chance for these trinkets to proc on the pull."

So no - you are wrong. Really though. Sure, if you wait 15 minutes before each fight to pull, you'll have a higher chance to proc your RPPM trinket(s) earlier, but regardless the proc chance will build up whenever it doesn't proc, even in combat. I don't really see the system as too flawed, at least not after they tweaked it. But I feel it has a bad synergy with non-RPPM trinkets, i.e. the SPA-trinket (which I'm still stuck with), based purely on my personal experience and play, not actual numbers.

The RPPM-trinkets aren't designed around taking huge breaks before a boss fight to stack up their initial proc rate. That's just a bonus.
    Theoretical spoken thats so cool to know! Practical spoken: if you wipe on a Boss fight and get rdy for the next pull within 3 minutes (what i say the whole time) the chance that your rppm trinkets will start running at the start of a fight is low. That should be known by all progress guilds who try a Boss a certain amount of times. I know that if you start a fight with bloodlust/heroism and wait for minimum 5 minutes the chance is increast and with 10 minutes almost every DD should have his trinkets running with the first casts of spells which increases the total dps a lot. I dont have seen any change before and after that hotfix for my 2/2 nh hydra and thunderforged nh lei shen trinket at all with my 5600 haste. I check today again with 10300 haste (i was extremly unlucky with trinkets and gear and got by far to much mastery on my gear >.<)

The thing is: the old system with inner cooldowns was way to predictable and blizz wanted to change that to get it more a system of luck. So its unlikely that blizz hotfixed it so that you get a proc on every pull on a Boss (what isnt the case anyway).

And you can easily test what i say on a dummy and check if your first proc depends on time that you stay out of combat or not.

Well, i'd like to see your log of a few thousand tries, then, to make sure you didn't just randomly get early procs.

Deleted
    Theoretical spoken thats so cool to know! Practical spoken: if you wipe on a Boss fight and get rdy for the next pull within 3 minutes (what i say the whole time) the chance that your rppm trinkets will start running at the start of a fight is low. That should be known by all progress guilds who try a Boss a certain amount of times. I know that if you start a fight with bloodlust/heroism and wait for minimum 5 minutes the chance is increast and with 10 minutes almost every DD should have his trinkets running with the first casts of spells which increases the total dps a lot. I dont have seen any change before and after that hotfix for my 2/2 nh hydra and thunderforged nh lei shen trinket at all with my 5600 haste. I check today again with 10300 haste (i was extremly unlucky with trinkets and gear and got by far to much mastery on my gear >.<)

The thing is: the old system with inner cooldowns was way to predictable and blizz wanted to change that to get it more a system of luck. So its unlikely that blizz hotfixed it so that you get a proc on every pull on a Boss (what isnt the case anyway).

And you can easily test what i say on a dummy and check if your first proc depends on time that you stay out of combat or not.
    So you're calling bullshit on a blue post? Now you're just being ignorant...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    So you're calling bullshit on a blue post? Now you're just being ignorant...
    So it seams you are not raiding? On durumu nhc yesterday we got one beeing afk for a while so everyone got double trinket proc in the first 3 secs.

Sadly we dreamed a bit on tortos hc and got a few wipes. Yeah, as you myb assume, no one got procs in the first secs of the fight cause it was not enough time between the last fight and the new one. Ofc there is a potentional chance of getting a proc early one but it is very low.

So no needs for beeing rude kadde. I just want to figure out what is rly true here :-)

I raid with 2 alts 4-5 days a week and this is just my personal xp over the last months. I was hoping there are a lot more people getting the same proc-rates. Myb i got a montly unlucky streak over thousants of fights

So it seams you are not raiding? On durumu nhc yesterday we got one beeing afk for a while so everyone got double trinket proc in the first 3 secs.

Sadly we dreamed a bit on tortos hc and got a few wipes. Yeah, as you myb assume, no one got procs in the first secs of the fight cause it was not enough time between the last fight and the new one. Ofc there is a potentional chance of getting a proc early one but it is very low.
    Which is why you need to do far more than just 1 or 2 tests. You basically have no proof for your claim. You might just have gotten lucky on that one try, or maybe you're just overestimating how many trinkets procced there.

So no needs for beeing rude kadde. I just want to figure out what is rly true here :-)

I raid with 2 alts 4-5 days a week and this is just my personal xp over the last months. I was hoping there are a lot more people getting the same proc-rates. Myb i got a montly unlucky streak over thousants of fights
    What do you mean by start of the fight then? First two GCDs? Sure, if you want it on your first Starfall tick or something, you're gonna have to sit and wait for an hour to make sure the proc rate is as close to 100% as possible. I just can't see what you're describing as something which is actually happening. Regardless of waiting 30 seconds or 3 minutes before the next pull, my Wushoolay's usually pops in the first 15 seconds, and the meta within 5 seconds. I could see how UVLS might not always proc at the start, but hey, that trinket has a really low proc chance. For a reason.

Like Kadde111 said, this was announced/confirmed by a blue post. One could argue that the proc chance increase could be higher, but the increased chance is there. Show us your logs backing up some of your "thousants of fights", and we can develop this discussion. If not, there's not much more to it.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing thread, this has gone off topic.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre