Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    meathead, I do admit that I did ask for it back in the day and I'll also admit that you were right that Blizzard would go too far. I don't want to believe that it'll get nerfed more but once fury starts simming in the top 3 it VERY likely will leaving arms to be even worse in PvE.

It's still our hardest hitting ability (goes to show just how weak our damage is all around when TV and obliterate can crit just as high) but I think overall we're in an OK spot and might be able to contend with some of the more powerful classes next patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post

"execute is one of the weakest "execute" abilities in the game right now. Like how the fuck did that happen"

because you and other warriors asked for execute to be nerfed and have the damage spread out to rotational abilities.so blizz did just that "a few times" then reverted the buffs to our rotational abilities.i said it was wrong to ask for a nerf then and i got flamed for it .

the new pve 4 piece set bonus allows execute to be used at any health level,this will get execute nerfed back in to the weak ass wrath execute.blizz will say execute is to strong to be used at any heal level,just like they said in wrath,so they will nerf it into the ground.it was called sudden death back in the day.
    I feel like they won't nerf execute for pvp reasons because of a pve set-bonus. Execute is still up there as the second highest damage source in pve after melee hits for me on single target. I would even go as far as saying it's completely fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    meathead, I do admit that I did ask for it back in the day and I'll also admit that you were right that Blizzard would go too far. I don't want to believe that it'll get nerfed more but once fury starts simming in the top 3 it VERY likely will leaving arms to be even worse in PvE.

It's still our hardest hitting ability (goes to show just how weak our damage is all around when TV and obliterate can crit just as high) but I think overall we're in an OK spot and might be able to contend with some of the more powerful classes next patch.
    its all good-i never wanted to prove you or any other of the warriors wrong on here."i was hoping i was wrong my self but i know how blizz works".i was just trying to warn you guys on what would happen,and that still holds true today.

without top end damage warriors are a dead class and blizz will never give us the utility other classes have.they buff our damage/abilities at the start of new x-pacs then nerf us to shit,usually leaving us broken until the next x-pac.i started playing in BC and ever since wrath hit this has been the patten for warriors.wrath is also when GC took over "go figure".

its one big cycle really,keep your eye out and you can predict what/when blizz will do to our class.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Murkkan View Post
    I feel like they won't nerf execute for pvp reasons because of a pve set-bonus. Execute is still up there as the second highest damage source in pve after melee hits for me on single target. I would even go as far as saying it's completely fine.
    but it will do alot of damage "even more now" in pve so blizz will nerf it = arms pvp nerf.your going to have pve geared players running around in pvp jut like blizz wants right?first player that gets dropped with a big execute will ask for a nerf and blizz will do just that.

the 4 piece is nothing more then an old arms talent called sudden death that was removed years ago.

"dead class"

One of the most represented classes in the game is a dead class. I mean, I'm all for buffing us, but this end of the world, woe is us, whining is fucking annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    "dead class"

One of the most represented classes in the game is a dead class. I mean, I'm all for buffing us, but this end of the world, woe is us, whining is fucking annoying.
    Dude no one takes Warriors to raids anymore they are shit havn't you been reading these boards? Warriors are, like, useless. /s

Warriors aren't a dead class. We beat rogues flat out in DPS and survivability. We are one of the most sought after classes in RBG,
    esp at higher ranks. We dominate mages.

Arms is a top ranking PVE class. Just don't know why it is under represented at the moment.
    Execute hits like a tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    Warriors aren't a dead class. We beat rogues flat out in DPS and survivability. We are one of the most sought after classes in RBG,

Arms is a top ranking PVE class. Just don't know why it is under represented at the moment.
    Dafuk I just read?

Arms top ranking PvE class? I guess we do not play the same game because Arms is pretty useless in PvE right now.
    Most sough after in RBG? Yeah like you can smoke on flag or massgrip the entire team.
    We beat rogues FLAT OUT in dps? That's why they are litteraly violating us on World of Log (ok we compete in term of dps on 3 différents boss in ToT, YaY)

We are not a dead class, we are not a bad class. But come on, stop writting things like this, people could actually believe you.

LOL.. man.. QQ also cannot.. PEWPEW also cannot. I give up lol

Quote Originally Posted by YoZ View Post
    Dafuk I just read?

Arms top ranking PvE class? I guess we do not play the same game because Arms is pretty useless in PvE right now.
    Most sough after in RBG? Yeah like you can smoke on flag or massgrip the entire team.
    We beat rogues FLAT OUT in dps? That's why they are litteraly violating us on World of Log (ok we compete in term of dps on 3 différents boss in ToT, YaY)

We are not a dead class, we are not a bad class. But come on, stop writting things like this, people could actually believe you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

dude, no.
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by YoZ View Post
    Dafuk I just read?

Whoooooosh.

Indeed, I've noticed that execute very rarely crits. It needs a passive crit boost :/

I remember it critting for 50% of people's hp in early LK, shadowburn is what execute should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I asked for an execute nerf cause during heroic progression it was making us weak. Who wants to bring a warrior when all his damage won't come into play till the last 20%. In heroic progression you want to get deeper into the fight to learn it. And last thing you want is a warrior doing less damage than everyone else. When he can be replaced by a rogue/DK, etc who can do much better damage and not have to wait till 20% to shine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    I asked for an execute nerf cause during heroic progression it was making us weak. Who wants to bring a warrior when all his damage won't come into play till the last 20%. In heroic progression you want to get deeper into the fight to learn it. And last thing you want is a warrior doing less damage than everyone else. When he can be replaced by a rogue/DK, etc who can do much better damage and not have to wait till 20% to shine.
    That is one way to look at it. I am not saying it is right or wrong, but another way to look would be:

Most encounters ramp up in difficulty and the final 20% is the push phase. You want to get out of the final phase as quickly as possible. An example this tier would be Tortos/Horridon/IQ/Lei Shen. All of these fights require the push be greater at the end than anywhere else. Who wouldn't want an execute class on these fights?

I haven't decided which I want to be more. I see both benefits. Unfortunately Blizzard is a lot like the US government. They take our shit with the promise of making it up to us. They make it up to us for a short while, then say they gave too much and take away some of the compensation. For this reason, I will never be happy when I see something like "we are reducing ability x by z% but making it up improving ability b by c%." The ability b will always get reduced in the end.

I remember defending the execute nerf thinking "oh, even if they nerf it by 15%, it will still hit like a truck." Well, it does, but instead of a semi truck, it hits like 2 ton instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    "dead class"

first off im talking about arms pvp and pve with fury included also.

2nd yes arms is dead in pvp and pve.arms is dead last in dps in pve and in pvp we dont have spots in rbgs and arms is not sought after for arenas.fury =pvp not happing fury pve= middle of the pack with some class having all 3 specs out dpsing fury. if that does not tell you something is wrong then you are only here fuckign around.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 03:14 PM ----------

i see what you did there -lmfao.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    no-what makes the warrior class weak in being nerfed into the ground at every turn.how did the multiple execute nerfs work out for warriors?even pvp warriors have it bad atm right?so this asking for nerf shit does not and will not work.all nerf does is make the class weaker,so learn from it and do not ask to be nerfed again.

every lock spec "and other classes as well" out dps's fury.do you see all the lock players asking for there class/spec to be nerfed =no.

you made warriors go from being "light out" during the execute phase to being average?so you took the strength of the class and made it average.so now not only are warriors "average if that" during the first 80% of a fight we are average during execute phase all well.

look at it this way if your front yard looks like shit and your back yard look great.do you stop caring for your back yard?=no.you keep caring for your back yard while you improve the front yard.
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-06-13 at 07:28 PM.

I miss big dick execute crits on elegon

We are one of the most sought after classes in RBG,
    I...I don't know if this is sarcasm...

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 02:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Indeed, I've noticed that execute very rarely crits. It needs a passive crit boost :/

I remember it critting for 50% of people's hp in early LK, shadowburn is what execute should be.
    Hammer of wrath crits harder than execute at least in 5.4 (don't think the two abilities have been touched). AND it's usable with wings up above 20% hp. Balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Hoping for someone to ask GC on twitter, I'm sure they messed up the crit rate.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    On ptr gems and gem bonuses don't work. Check that;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Hoping for someone to ask GC on twitter, I'm sure they messed up the crit rate.
    Is this on the PTR? Because there 100% is no issue on live with crit and execute.