Halo 2, who here is a fan of it?

So today I've been thinking back to the days of playing Halo 2 on xbox live. Anyone play back then and love the multiplayer? I mean it's what got me in to computers and programming today as back then I loved playing competitively but I also was a big well cheater/hacker. I used to make my own mods/bridged/ and well I worked on a bot net for host booter :P but at the same time I did custom mods for the console itself.

Besides all that who misses the days of playing Halo 2 all day? I used to love MLG FFA's with friends and playing team hardcore and well when I ran in to a cheater let's just say their internet went out for a bit :P

I loved doing the exploits to get in shady places on some levels to snipe people. The implementation of match making blew my mind. It was super fun especially on Lockout.

And while I can still recall how much I hated some of the missions in the campaign as well as the cliff hanger at the end, it had by far my favorite soundtrack of any game ever. One that I still listen to now.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Agreed I loved super bouncing etc. with friends or even playing Tower of Power and zombies haha. Also the sound track for Halo 2 was just simply amazing.

Deleted
    Custom games!

Cat and Mouse was probably my favourite. Or zombies on that map with 4 rooms that you camped in (people punching boxes so they could block the entrance). Tower of Power was also toooo gooood

I used to play Halo 2 so hard. My fav thing was the BXR. It felt so good to land one on an unexpected shotgun or sword guy. I remember joining random games at 2 am and just seeing people super bouncing. I miss miss the open mics were even the enemy could hear you.

Rank 35 Team Slayer, after the rank reset and mass ban of modders. If you know what I'm talking about, you win. Just last week I told some of my friends, "One of the only ways I see myself buying an XboxOne is if Halo 5 is almost unanimously considered by the fans to be the best Halo ever".

Agreed, the ranking system in Halo 2 was one of the greatest I've seen to date. Also I was more of a Team Hardcore/Snipers guy :P After reset I was 32 in hardcore and 40 in Snipers. Also if Halo 5 was to be considered the greatest Halo game of all time I'd definitely pick up an Xbox One.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really played much of the online multiplayer but that Halo 2 had a great campaign. I think I was a bit shattered by how the game ended but it was a good kind of shattered. I just don't understand why people like Halo 4...
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Rank 35 Team Slayer, after the rank reset and mass ban of modders. If you know what I'm talking about, you win. Just last week I told some of my friends, "One of the only ways I see myself buying an XboxOne is if Halo 5 is almost unanimously considered by the fans to be the best Halo ever".
    14 pre-reset in Skirmish, because there was no slayer at the beginning.