Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The problem is outright calling them terrible.
    They did not pug the group, they did not dictate requirments for gear and experience.
    terrible dps = terrible dps
    No need to sugar coat things
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Awhile back, I was in an LFR run, and a couple guys were pulling top dps. This LFR happened to be HoF, and they were pulling 60-80k more dps than the next guy below them. After they killed the first boss, one of them mentioned in the raid: "the dps here is terrible, you guys really need to pick it up" to which some whiny LFR hero responded "stfu u elitist" and asked the raid to vote kick the dps. To which the raid got enough people to initiate a vote kick. I of course hit "no" because they were doing great dps and there was nothing wrong with the way they told the raid they needed to pick up the dps.

I swear, some people in LFR are so sensitive that the mere mention of increasing their dps, or tips to get better get rejected as "elitism". Why would you vote kick someone for this reason? No other reason than they didnt like the way they were speaking about their DPS.
    This sentence contradicts itself.

A whiny Elitist prick bitched about low dps so a "LFR Hero your term" told him to shut the fuck up.
    So yes if I was in LFR and some elitist prick did that I would kick him as well increasing the dps be damed you act like a asshole you get kicked.

If the elitist didn't want to be in a group with low dps then he should have made a guild group.

/Another Jaylock Thread.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-06-10 at 02:34 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Besides being AFK or Offline I pretty much only vote kick people for attitude. It doesnt matter if the person is top dps or heals or even the tank because LFR doesnt require one person to be successful. You will find someone to fill the vacant spot in a short time and the raid will continue without having to listen to some asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've witnessed a few instances, if not participate in kicking LFR elitists, for one particular reason: any WoW player are equally entitled to play and enjoy LFR, I wouldn't be surprised if I get kicked if I ruin others' game experience in LFR by dicking around with words alone. Moreover being an elitist means that you're saying you're saying you're better than the others (though it's true) and berate others in often an insulting way which generally isn't a good player practice in an MMO world.

To OP: Believe it or not there are still people who don't care about how good someone's DPS/HPS are if they're gonna be an douche in the process. It's called tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Awhile back, I was in an LFR run, and a couple guys were pulling top dps. This LFR happened to be HoF, and they were pulling 60-80k more dps than the next guy below them. After they killed the first boss, one of them mentioned in the raid: "the dps here is terrible, you guys really need to pick it up" to which some whiny LFR hero responded "stfu u elitist" and asked the raid to vote kick the dps. To which the raid got enough people to initiate a vote kick. I of course hit "no" because they were doing great dps and there was nothing wrong with the way they told the raid they needed to pick up the dps.

I swear, some people in LFR are so sensitive that the mere mention of increasing their dps, or tips to get better get rejected as "elitism". Why would you vote kick someone for this reason? No other reason than they didnt like the way they were speaking about their DPS.
    Because they were being dicks, so I might as well be a dick too. Also, LFR doesn't need "great dps" at all. People that are obviously better and know that they are better acting as though they are saving the LFR from failure is presumptuous and annoying. In this situation, probably not enough to kick. He wasn't that crass at all. But I would easily do it in a more crass situation.

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 02:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    terrible dps = terrible dps
    No need to sugar coat things
    People want to kick you = People want to kick you

No need to sugar coat

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    There is no sense in LFR people, you say anything and you will have trolls waiting on the wings to jump on it, regardless of right or wrong.
    back in DS, i initiated vote kicks on totally random members and they actually pass

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 02:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uvwaex View Post
    Because they were being dicks, so I might as well be a dick too.
    if telling people to pick up there dps is a jerk move, its probably best to avoid human contact
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The council of afkers and bads probably was outraged.
    Seriously though is there something worthwhile to discuss on the topic?

Instead perhaps putting it more constructively would be better.
    "Some of you seem to be struggling with your dps, I could offer some advice if you want."
    The day that works.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

I troll LFR with my guild for fun because it's not a real raid. We go in and do everything we can to stop groups from killing any boss

I find it hilarous how many actually defends the people doing hideously slow dps. The remark was neither rude or snide, more of a wake-up call of the never-ending-train of people just moving 3 yards then tabbing. I'm sure they're doing their best, and asking them to react is rude?

I'd understand if he was constantly bitching and making uncomfortable remarks under the whole run, but one comment when people clearly aren't even bothering to autoattack the boss? If you can't take any sort of remark then this world sure is gonna be a tough place for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    I troll LFR with my guild for fun because it's not a real raid. We go in and do everything we can to stop groups from killing any boss
    And let me guess you are now hoping that you gonna troll some more in forums...

Nah but I thinks its really funny all of the casual players in this thread defending the group that kicked him are the ones who think LFR is an actual raid that deserves loot. If DPS/healing don't matter then why should you get loot from this?

15+ Year Old Account
    I said it before, ill say it again, ppl need to grow some balls and a thicker skin
    If u got some 520ilvl+ geared DPSers in MSV/HoF/TOES LFR, Be happy...they r boosting u, take ur loot and be quite.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

the only time i ever hear people say "you suck DPS is fail" is if we wipe because of enrage. In that case they are 100% correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Some of you seem to be struggling with your dps, I could offer some advice if you want."
    I think even that might be a bit far. Struggling compared to what?

If I'd ever have to comment on DPS (I don't ever, regardless of content), I'd not use "struggling with DPS" and use softer words like "a tad lower on the charts".
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Kicking people for rudeness is being overly sensitive and insecure. If they were actually harassing people, that's a different matter.

I think you all got trolled by Jaylock again. Even Daniel Tosh would know that's the fast track for getting kicked.

Are you and your guild from Brazil?
    Last edited by darklady; 2013-06-10 at 02:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't get kicked for being an elitist, he got kicked for being an ass. You can be an elitist with being rude to everyone. It's hard but it's possible.

"You guys could probably pick it up a little."

"SHUT UP ELITIST!"

Instead of..

"Yeah, 6 DPS are doing under 20k, and 2 aren't even doing anything..."

People only care of the subjective line of being a jerk, and projecting a nasty tone (Which is really easy when all you have is text) onto them for pointing it out, just for some self-gratification for "weeding out the jerks", regardless how right or wrong they were. At the same time, people apathetically justify not kicking people who are just leeching off the rest, "We're Killing the bosses...eventually, why does it matter?".

In either case, I'm glad I can ignore the general WoW population for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    You realize that it is a bannable offense, described as "purposefully disrupting other people's gameplay"?
    Nah but I thinks its really funny all of the casual players in this thread defending the group that kicked him are the ones who think LFR is an actual raid that deserves loot. If DPS/healing don't matter then why should you get loot from this?
    In other words, you decided to act as douchebag?