Thread: 10M H Lei Shen

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10M H Lei Shen

So we killed H DA 10 tonight. Did it as Demo, rocked a #1 parse. Now I'm looking at H Lei Shen.

Are Demo locks using MF for ball lightning? I'm kind of assuming no, but I wanted to check. KJC is obviously very good, but MF shines on normal mode. (not that I've ever done great on normal Lei Shen, mostly due to strat) From a few videos I've seen, it looks like ball lightning means pre-cast Immo aura, then double Chaos Wave and then Carrion Swarm? Seems good. What about defensives? Soul link, SacPac, DB?

Thanks in advance. Just looking to help my guild kill it as quickly as possible.

Deleted
    This thread ...gold..i am in the same situation, killed DA hc last night and i am interested into some feedback for Lei Shen .

Depends. If you have a DK grip to stack them all perfectly you don't need MF. However on 10 man you most likely will only have 1 DK, so every second set of ball lightnings will be relatively messy. Our warlocks (we run 2 in 10 man) have tried both MF and KFC on the fight. In phase 3 (the only part of the fight that matters really) you'll clean up the balls better with MF as even if all or some of them don't get gripped you'll hit them no matter what. Without KJC however your boss damage is going to suffer because it's hard to generate fury with all the movement and the wind push back happening. You're just going to have to do some phase 3 attempts and figure out if you want some more DPS or if you want to make the adds cleaner.

As for defensive our Warlock ran sac pact and he was doing the intermissions with just himself and a tank in a quadrant. Sac pact is enough to safely soak a static with 1 other person or enough to solo soak a static with an outside CD or UR during intermissions.

An idea I came up with but we never tried because it was after our first kill was to have the warlocks spec Soul Link and put their pets in the middle of the room during intermissions. This gives you insane survival (perma -50% dmg reduc) to soak anything and you can be healed from anywhere in the room as healers can heal your pets.
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2013-06-10 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    As for defensive our Warlock ran sac pact and he was doing the intermissions with just himself and a tank in a quadrant. Sac pact is enough to safely soak a static with 1 other person or enough to solo soak a static with an outside CD or UR during intermissions.
    Followed another strategy with effort. I'm able to consume 2 statics alone in the first intermediate phase. 1st time Unending + Apotheosis + Fury Ward. 2nd time Dark Bargain. It was already possible to survive before upgrades with that.

Deleted
    It's very different on 10 HC I imagine..
    But on 25 HC we had dks gripping in the adds which we would then have stunned by monks and aoed by everybody. MF was a nice buffer but in no way necesary. I played with it while the other two warlocks played without it and they did more aoe damage than me. I was never good at demonology...

We solo soaked with Dark Bargain when necesary (always necesary in P3, which most likely results in a death soon after, due to the 3.6 mil damage we soaked with DB).

Quote Originally Posted by ol_baid View Post
    Followed another strategy with effort. I'm able to consume 2 statics alone in the first intermediate phase. 1st time Unending + Apotheosis + Fury Ward. 2nd time Dark Bargain. It was already possible to survive before upgrades with that.
    Yeah that sounds better. Just saying what our warlocks did and it worked for us.

I've always been quite high on the AoE-damage as compared to the rest of our group, as Demo, usually I save up 2 HoG-charges (check timers so you don't waste potential casts) and then I throw both charges right away on the boss (after they've jumped in and been stunned mid-air, no DK) and make sure I pop into Meta while the 2nd cast is in the air.

Following the buffed HoG's I pop Immo Aura and (Glyphed) Carrion Swarm and then just keep Immo Aura up until the balls are dead and depending on the overall AoE I either just ToC the boss or ToC leftover balls. I feel that KJC is certainly not necessary even in P3 if you plan ahead smartly, however if we had a DK or two I'd probably switch to it.
    Thazzle, Warlock in <Sanitas> on Frostwhisper-EU, World #3 10man guild.
    Sanitas Guild Website
    Main Armory

Deleted
    Can't really see infront of me how many adds you get on 10man. (And I'm to lazy to look it up.)
    Anyway for 25man I play with KJC, since we have a DK's gripping the adds to the boss, I'm trying to save around 700 fury for each lightning orbs.
    I that case I have 2 Chaos waves and carrion swarm, then spamming Void ray (ofc immo aura). Usually the adds die very quickly since we're running with 4 warlocks and 3 huntards.

Reguardless if you play 10man or 25man. I guess you need to be the one to stick it. To do that 'spell/attack' at the right time. The add dies really quick.
    I also play with Surv, I dont know if that's the best choice anyhow. Dark Bargain so you can soak alone.

Deleted
    Don't want to hijack this topic but since we're on about HC lei shen: how viable is destro for this fight? Does having 2 FnB Conflags ready for 6 fast FnB Incinerates come even close to demo aoe burst on the balls?

Deleted
    Don't want to hijack this topic but since we're on about HC lei shen: how viable is destro for this fight? Does having 2 FnB Conflags ready for 6 fast FnB Incinerates come even close to demo aoe burst on the balls?
    Demo is far superior to Destro for that fight now sadly (like most of the ToT fights ?).

Edit: now if you were talking about 10man it seems closer

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    Obviously this isn't a 1-to-1 comparison because they have a different comp for both kills, but Nezyt appears to have been both Destro and Demo for kills:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/g8eyt...=10707&e=11333 (Demo)
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/g8eyt...=10707&e=11333 (Destro)

For him he did a larger portion of the damage to them as Destro.

Now, for my personal opinion it depends on strat/comp. If your balls are going to be spread out and not gripped in by a DK every time (Wee 10H) then you'll be better off as Destro + MF than Demo.

If your strat depends on DKs gripping them in for fast AoE while they're all clumped, Demo will be better for the burst AoE aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Obviously this isn't a 1-to-1 comparison because they have a different comp for both kills, but Nezyt appears to have been both Destro and Demo for kills:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/g8eyt...=10707&e=11333 (Destro)

For him he did a larger portion of the damage to them as Destro.

Now, for my personal opinion it depends on strat/comp. If your balls are going to be spread out and not gripped in by a DK every time (Wee 10H) then you'll be better off as Destro + MF than Demo.

If your strat depends on DKs gripping them in for fast AoE while they're all clumped, Demo will be better for the burst AoE aspect.

The links your provided both link to the same parse, his demonology parse.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    It's very different on 10 HC I imagine..
    But on 25 HC we had dks gripping in the adds which we would then have stunned by monks and aoed by everybody. MF was a nice buffer but in no way necesary. I played with it while the other two warlocks played without it and they did more aoe damage than me. I was never good at demonology...

We solo soaked with Dark Bargain when necesary (always necesary in P3, which most likely results in a death soon after, due to the 3.6 mil damage we soaked with DB).
    Indeed, on 25 I found KJC much more useful than manaroths fury, as they the balls should be gripped + stunned anyway.

You can live through dark Bargian Damage if you get a Hand of Purity from your paladins , aswell as using some kind of personal yourself also.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

We have 1 DK. I think my RL is considering using the strat where only 3 ranged stay out, and then they all blink in. I'm thinking it's less important to have MF if we do it that way.

I have a feeling I already know the answer, but I'll ask anyway. Are people still using GoEA? I only hesitate because Lei Shen is the ONLY boss where you can have Doom/Corr on him and NOT be able to target him during intermissions. So if there are any UVLS procs, I'm sort of screwed. I'd imagine it's still worth it to use, but it is indeed frustrating.

I'm using GoServ, so SacPac is probably less viable. I guess I'll use DB.

If you do the fight correctly you shouldn't ever have more than 3 ball of lightning adds up at any given time so I am not really seeing the point of running with MF. Once we were able to set up a strat to make only 3 spawn it didn't make that much of a difference if we had DK grip up or not ( but it did help some!).

Quote Originally Posted by Ericprydz View Post
    If you do the fight correctly you shouldn't ever have more than 3 ball of lightning adds up at any given time so I am not really seeing the point of running with MF. Once we were able to set up a strat to make only 3 spawn it didn't make that much of a difference if we had DK grip up or not ( but it did help some!).
    Depends on how you define correctly. If your strat involves forcing a 3spawn every time then good on you. Ours doesn't so (for example) this is a valid question.

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Isuldur View Post
    The links your provided both link to the same parse, his demonology parse.
    Oops.

I can't correct it now but I will when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Oops.

I can't correct it now but I will when I get home.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/0m0lu...=11451&e=12078 (Destro)

Deleted
    That thread came right in time.
    We killed Dark Animus HC same day as OP did. Some great advice in here.

On a different note:
    I was wondering how mandatory destruction is for the Ra-Den fight. I run an Affliction/Demo combo, since I'm feeling most comfortable with those, because of raid support and some fights are much easier with it (Curse of Exhaustion on Whirling Turtles, etc.).
    Since Ra-Den has a limited amount of trys I don't want to waste a single try and if destruction is mandatory here I'll go for it. I just wanna know if it is that neccessary to play destro or if a well played demo with good overall raid dps should do the trick, too.
    I'm asking, because if it really is that important to be destruction on that fight, I might consider dropping my Affli spec for Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post

On a different note:
    I was wondering how mandatory destruction is for the Ra-Den fight. I run an Affliction/Demo combo, since I'm feeling most comfortable with those, because of raid support and some fights are much easier with it (Curse of Exhaustion on Whirling Turtles, etc.).
    Since Ra-Den has a limited amount of trys I don't want to waste a single try and if destruction is mandatory here I'll go for it. I just wanna know if it is that neccessary to play destro or if a well played demo with good overall raid dps should do the trick, too.
    I'm asking, because if it really is that important to be destruction on that fight, I might consider dropping my Affli spec for Destro.
    on 25 its pretty necessary and in 10 man I would think its even more important, unless you are running like 3 arcane mages or something . at least during progress you should play destro. Damage on Anima Orbs are literally the only important damage in the whole fight.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post

On a different note:
    We've been killing it for a few weeks now and every week orb damage is a problem. Our mage goes arcane just for that fight.

You should go destro as your burst on orbs with 2xconflag + 2xbackdrafted-chaosbolts is impossible to beat.