Finding that right realm/guild/friends..

How do you do it?

I'm at a bit of a loss right now, because I don't know a single person playing this game. I've almost always had people I knew playing, or at least people I knew that were going to come back. But right now, it's just me. No friends playing. No friends ever coming back.

I guess it shouldn't be that hard, considering I've been playing since Vanilla .. but when I look back, I see that I was never the one who looked for friends or guilds.

In Vanilla, I already had plenty of friends come over with me from EverQuest, and introduce me into a wonderful guild with awesome people. Some of those friendships lasted well into Wrath.
    In BC, I still had some friends with me, and we managed to make a fun 10 man guild that did Kara and ZA.
    In Wrath, I had more fun than ever before. Not only did I join one of the top guilds on the server with a couple friends, but I made lots of new friends, and even ended up leading a raiding guild of my own.
    In Cata, I guess that's when it started going downhill. I was down to one or two friends, and we were just in those mass-invite guilds. It was still fun, because I had people I knew with me.

And now in Mists, all of those friends are gone. Not a single person I used to know is playing anywhere in the game. So right now I'm on a random server, friendless and guildless. I don't really know even where to begin. It's sort of depressing logging on every day and not seeing a single soul on your friends list.

So I guess I just wanted to share my story and get some advice on how to make things fun again.

I was like this during Wrath when all my friends left and I turned to pvp and ganking lowibies to pass the time. I say if you can't be famous then you can be infamous!
    We all change, when you think about it. We're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay, that's good, you've got to keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this. Not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.

Any other advice?

You could try joining pugs and make new friends. It isn't rocket science.
    Keeping it url since 1864.

Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    How do you do it?

I'm at a bit of a loss right now, because I don't know a single person playing this game. I've almost always had people I knew playing, or at least people I knew that were going to come back. But right now, it's just me. No friends playing. No friends ever coming back.

I guess it shouldn't be that hard, considering I've been playing since Vanilla .. but when I look back, I see that I was never the one who looked for friends or guilds.

In Vanilla, I already had plenty of friends come over with me from EverQuest, and introduce me into a wonderful guild with awesome people. Some of those friendships lasted well into Wrath.
    In BC, I still had some friends with me, and we managed to make a fun 10 man guild that did Kara and ZA.
    In Wrath, I had more fun than ever before. Not only did I join one of the top guilds on the server with a couple friends, but I made lots of new friends, and even ended up leading a raiding guild of my own.
    In Cata, I guess that's when it started going downhill. I was down to one or two friends, and we were just in those mass-invite guilds. It was still fun, because I had people I knew with me.

And now in Mists, all of those friends are gone. Not a single person I used to know is playing anywhere in the game. So right now I'm on a random server, friendless and guildless. I don't really know even where to begin. It's sort of depressing logging on every day and not seeing a single soul on your friends list.

So I guess I just wanted to share my story and get some advice on how to make things fun again.
    I recently changed to a new realm. so I joined a guild and I chat with my new guildies, and do wintergrasp and tol barad its fun.

I dont know why, but all friends I have made was from TBC/Wotlk era and friends list was quite long. Since then, I just didnt make a single friendship, dont know why really.
    And back then, I didnt really try hard to make friends, they just came by themselves. Really cant say why it isnt happening now...

go to a high pop realm, accept an invite from some random lvl 25 guild with a lot of members and be active in the guild chat, it should get you plenty of friends.

like some people said join a level 25 guild with much members, just talk in guild chat, if your not that talkative to new people then just do what i do when someone ask people for something to do in guild chat like bg's/dungeons/lfr/raid/scenarios just tag along, and before you know it you get asked for more stuff to come along and go on from there maybe you need to try out a few different guilds though not al are social/friendly so don't give up on the first one, also i found the guild where i am in on the realm forums so you could have a look there, also if your interested in raiding or achievements you can try out openraid (just google it) it mostly people from every single realm but then at least u dont have to play alone