Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are 22 and living in his house.

Pay some damn bills, you mooch.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    If my parents asked me for help with money, I would gladly hand them over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    He pays more than half the rent yet he's a spoiled brat somehow ?
    And how is that not reasonable?
    If he dont wanna help his parents why still live with them?

And dont say cause he dont have an income...
    My work is to help people find jobs and there are at least 10-30 people a month that start working.

People claim its hard to find work these days but most people are just lazy...

When i started reading i thought it was one of the usual; "My parents want me to PAY for something in life!!1"-threads
    Doesn't sound like the case, though.

Your parents might be telling the truth about not having money, but then it's because they have some problems managing money.
    That said, i don't think what they earn is a lot. I don't even get how you can get anything as cheap as you live in.
    Still not clear on if it's you or them that ordered the magazine in question though. If it's yours it's fair that you pay it, after all.

Overall you should just move out. Might be a bit more expensive, but your parents might be in severe need of learning to handle their own life, without leeching on you.
    And considered that you're 22 it's a good age to move out anyway.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "room and board" means rent and food yeah? So how much of the 250 is rent and how much food? Seems to me that 45£ a month for food would be .. rather cheap so i am going to assume he pays less than half the rent

Quote Originally Posted by hirazu View Post
    And how is that not reasonable?
    If he dont wanna help his parents why still live with them?

And dont say cause he dont have an income...
    My work is to help people find jobs and there are at least 10-30 people a month that start working.

People claim its hard to find work these days but most people are just lazy...
    He don't mind that part i guess. He also said he wouldn't mind it if it was other things like clothes.
    Might want to read the thread before commenting

Help they im they need help, im sure they would do the same for you.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

You're 22 and living a home for dirt cheap, which has saved you heaps of money over the last 4 years, if they'd had you move out when you were 18.

Stop being a shithead and help them out. What they make per week is irrelevant.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    If its their bill they should pay, but they can ask for help as you already are only paying 250 for rent and board.
    If its yours you should pay and you could ask them, but as your already on such a cheap livehood they would be to klind to do so.

Either way, you brought this to the forums and you complain about your parents while they are giving you a home. Now look in the mirror say to yourself your nothing more then a leech and for the rest stfu.
    Honestly ifi was either of your parents and i would have seen this, you would have been kicked out.

And this comes from a guy who lives with his parents, and is atleast gratefull for everythign they done

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people seem to be whining about you paying cheap rent, I'd suggest that you mention which part of the UK you live in.

If any of you people would read you would see that the monthly rent for the whole house is £410 a month, he is currently paying £250 a month on rent and board plus he is also paying the whole internet bill for £25 a month.

£45 a month for food is a reasonable amount, as a family of five we currently pay around £60 a week which amounts to around £48 per person per month, and we buy all sorts of junk that we do not need.

Deleted
    This is kinda a difficult one tbh, they are your parents so helping them is the right thing, however they cant just expect to have to around to pay off there bills all the time. If it was me then id pay the bill for the moment, but after that actually talk to them about there spending and try to set out some ground rules about what you will and wont pay for, so hopefully things like this wont happen again.

obviously you've never lived alone or are 12. Rent is not the only household bill. Far far from it.

Deleted
    Suck it up and pay the bill. If you want to avoid such scenario in the future you and the parent(s) should plan out ahead of time what exactly you are supposed to pay for and what you're not supposed to pay for. If you don't like it there's the possibility of moving out. 22 years old is a late age to move out imo.

That said. The numbers you put up weren't that harsh. If you don't pay for food or other bills I wouldn't really complain about the costs if I were you.

I'm still having a hard time figuring out what exactly the bill you're mentioning is. If your parents have a un-ignorable debt maybe you should help them save up money instead of leaving them alone with the burden (as in star prioritizing cheaper producets).

Deleted
    Then there's of course the question of who does the cooking, who cleans the house, who does the laundry, who does the dishes, and so on. All things one would have to do themselves when living alone. In any case, this seems like a nobrainer. If you're a tenant in their house, then pay up or move out, or, get kicked out.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still live at home with my parents and pay less rent than that, but that being said they've never asked me to help pay their bills - outside of what I pay in rent ofc.

It is a double edged blade, it sounds like its just your parents' lack of money management... But you could argue that you pay very cheap rent to live there, helping them out might not be unreasonable. If you do find it unreasonable say if they keep it up you'll move out - then see how well they do without your rent money every month ;op

The bill has nothing to do with me what so ever.I see most people here believe I should just STFU and pay this bill just because its a bill of a parent even though I have paid it twice the last 2 months. As Windfury said I think I will sit down and discuss the situation because in my mind as I said I just cant understand why somebody who gets just over £1000 EVERY FRIDAY put into their bank account cannot afford to pay a £100 bill.

Additionally I have my own bills to pay like my car,petrol and insurance etc and I don't get what my parent earns in a week in 2 months of working so all you haters cut me some slack :P
    Last edited by blake22tt; 2013-06-10 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    wish my out goings (rent, utilities, Broadband, Phone, Food, Travel) only came to £275 per month.
    you have it easy. Help your parents out.

Edit -

just seen, £1000 a week I thought you posted £1000 a month. What the hell type of job do they have. also how much in debt are they ?
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2013-06-10 at 10:58 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well its their house so you either pay up or move out pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by blake22tt View Post
    The bill has nothing to do with me what so ever.I see most people here believe I should just STFU and pay this bill just because its a bill of a parent even though I have paid it twice the last 2 months. As Windfury said I think I will sit down and discuss the situation because in my mind as I said I just cant understand why somebody who gets just over £1000 EVERY FRIDAY put into their bank account cannot afford to pay a £100 bill.

Additionally I have my own bills to pay like my car,petrol and insurance etc and I don't get what my parent earns in a week in 2 months of working so all you haters cut me some slack :P
    1000 pounds/week isn't that much if you live in a big house/old house.
    My parents old house had a heating bill of 12k pounds each year. Always things that should be fixed, that cost a minor fortune.
    That said, you should still have a talk with your parents.
    Ask for their budget, so you can see what they spend the money at, which should be more than fair as a request, if they want to support them moneywise there.

Sounds like you have plenty of money to move though, which i still think is the best idea.
    Specially since you have money enough to move away(while less luxeurious), when you can pay that rent and can afford your own car etc.

Deleted
    I'm amazed at some of the responses here. Quite frankly the thought of some of you having children is rather worrying.

Just because you raise a child to the age of 18 does not mean you get to demand money off of it whenever you feel like it. Just because you allow your child to live with you does not mean you get to demand money off of it whenever you feel like it. As a parent you should want what is best for your children. The two parties have an agreement that he should be paying £275 a month. That is not an insignificant amount.

OP, if it genuinely isn't your bill then I would strongly suggest looking at finding other places to live. Your current expenditure would probably only be enough to get you a bedsit, however you may also have access to housing and council tax benefit.