Hot streak issue??

So whats the deal with hot streak? It's always been 2 crits for the instant pyro, but I should have SO many more instant pyroblasts except Hot Streak is constantly dropping off 2 seconds after I get the first stack. Is this intentional or just a bug? Rather annoying how I get that first stack, and right as I go to Inferno Blast to get the second, it's gone.

I'm guessing you misinterpret Heating up! buff for Hot Streak. Since MoP Fire mages gain Heating up! buff when they crit with Fireball/Scorch/FFB/Pyro/Inferno Blast. If your next spell is critical your Heatin up! transforms into Hot Streak, giving you an instant Pyro. Heating up! look like a smaller version of HS on ui.

Ahhh so the first mini version is just basically saying "you just got 1 critical, now make the next one crit"

Is it a bug when i reapply NT/LB when i have a HU proc and it eats it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Is it a bug when i reapply NT/LB when i have a HU proc and it eats it?
    No, because just before you cast your NT/LB you properly cast a fireball, so you will have a fireball mid air when you refresh bomb, and if it does not crit it cancels out hu. eg.

Fireball 1 release
    start casting fireball 2
    fireball 1 lands a crit=>HU
    fireball 2 release
    apply bomb
    gcd
    fireball 2 hit non crit
    0.25s after non crit Hu falls off
    gcd fade ~1s after hu falls off.

you want to upgrade hu using inferno blast after fireball 2, as it will hit before the fireball, and then apply bomb, and then fire the !pyro.

as to your original topic i suspect it might be because you use !pyroblast(hot streak) after a fireball, if the fireball crits but the pyro does not crit it will cancel out the hu gained from fireball.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbtk View Post
    Ahhh so the first mini version is just basically saying "you just got 1 critical, now make the next one crit"
    Exactly. So in PVE you want to cast Fireballs until you get Heating Up, then chain Inferno Blast at the end of your next Fireball, that way you will have a guaranteed Hot Streak. What I mean is you don't have to interrupt Fireball cast when you see Heating Up because there's a 0.5 second delay during which every spell you land is taken into account for Hot Streak.

The other trick is to get Hot Streak AND Heating Up, then cast Fireball + instant Pyroblast!. That way both these spells will land almost simultaneously and if any of them is a critical strike, you will get another Hot Streak. Basically you double your chance to score HS. So don't release HS Pyros as soon as you get them unless you can lose them (boss going immune, add is close to dying, HS buff is about to expire, someone is going to dispel you in PVP, etc). Hope that helps.