Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengas View Post
    Not every game needs an open world, D3 is fun the way it is, combat is extremely bloody, fast. Personally that's my favorite part i always get into it at least for few hours every week, also you not seeing it as fun doesn't mean others see it that way as well, crazy i know.
    I get the fun by setting goals in D3. In Hardcore that's easy: get every class to lvl 60 HC and kill Diablo in Inferno.

Others may set for grinding keys and constructing Hellfire Rings or create über avatars with über gear. Be that HC or SC.

The key word is "fun" and it is up to the player to find it in ANY game.

The last few days I also played with little cyclists to simulate the Tour de France or some cycling classics in a boardgame ...

I guess 99% of the people won't understand it, but the problem is that no one can define "fun" for each individual.

And Diablo 3 offers spades of fun for 3 million people per month apparently.

No need to try to counter this with useless posts.

D3 is there and liked by those who play it (be that from time to time or every week, day or monthly).

holy cow a BenBos post that I agree with

but yeah, spot on post

10+ Year Old Account
    D3 fells kinda meh....torchlight on the other hand on hardcore .
    Generaly need for gold all the time too buy a upgrade realy kinda kills the fun of the game.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

None outside mindless fun, wich get boring in 10mins or so by now for me. In 500 hours my best find sold for 80m. My DHs gear is worth around 1.5b, my Monks, maybe 5-600m. There's no way i could had afforded more than one piece of what i have on either self found, in 500 hours. Atm i'm just flipping the AH and racking up gold, takes 10 mins every 2 days or so anyway.

I dunno, having fun, maybe?

D2 is the exact same way as D3 is in terms of content, yet everyone constantly praises it. You beat Hell Baal, and then what? Farm, farm farm.

Same with D3: You beat Inferno Diablo, and then what? Farm, farm, farm.

And TBH, I have a lot more fun farming in D3 than I ever did in D2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    because its fun.
    its fun to try and find an upgrade.
    its fun to have a herd of mp10 monsters follow you round like you're the pied piper all doing their best to kill you and your spinning round like a lunatic to some metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    Don't think you got the question I asked why the people who grind 24/7 literally mainly streamers play when there's no money in the game like there use to be, I already know the game is fun I enjoy it myself and it's nothing like WoW so don't compare it to WoW.
    BECAUSE THEY ENJOY THAT, HOLY CHRlST IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Building a strong character, until you get to a point where you said character done, get bored, and take a break. Or if it was Diablo2, you would make a new character/build :P But inn Diablo3 not much fun playing other classes but main kinda.

Edit: Wait for 1.9 news trough. Can always hope its slightly good news... Inn the mean time I barely grind anymore, and just spend time flipping a little bit.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

There's never been a point to it, or any other game for that matter. You either find the grind fun, or you don't.

The point of d3 is to play the auction house. there are plenty of rpgs out there. but if you specifically find it fun to play an auction house, d3 is made for you.

Deleted
    hardcore mode is more enjoyable, I dont see why anyone would bother with softcore, you cant lose, eventually youll have sick gear and be farming inferno, hardcore on the otherhand, much more jeopardy

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    hardcore mode is more enjoyable, I dont see why anyone would bother with softcore, you cant lose, eventually youll have sick gear and be farming inferno, hardcore on the otherhand, much more jeopardy
    HC is fun until you die due to a disconnect :P
    Yesterday I decided I'm never ever farming solo on HC again. Best part was I had just bought some upgrades with the 40m I had saved up

Oh well, new barb on the makes... Already lvl30!

IMO there is really no "point" to any videogames. Either you find them fun or you dont. SC got kind of stale for me so I swapped to HC and I'm enjoying the game again apart from my fit of rage due to my DC death last night :P

What's the point in playing WOW? Heck I just binned my WOW sub because I find D3 a more rewarding grind... I don't get much time to game, and lately have always chosen D3 over WOW. Granted I'm a LFR hero these days as my guild died in Cata, but still, once you're locked out of raids for the week, everything else in WOW is just 'filler' (imo). So I like being able to jump into D3 anytime and be just as productive (or not) regardless of when/what I last played.

Yea, prices are WAY down on the AH, I kitted out my Monk so I could do a full inferno clear at 60. Got myself a crappy Skorn, a few Legendary's, some set items and the odd yellow. Mostly with Dex + Vit + CC + CD and Resist all. Wasn't perfect gear, still lots of useless stats, but the point is, it cost me 700k. So for less than a Mil, I can deck out any alt for a full inferno clear.

The downside to this however, is I haven't managed to sell anything apart from crafting mats and the odd MF/GF/+XP item with decent main stats, even the Legendary's I'm finding with half decent rolls are swamped on the AH for as little as 10k buyout, then you jump to something insane like 700mil+ for the same item just with perfect rolls... or even close to perfect. It's actually worked out alright (imo). Inferno farming (MP0-2) gear is cheap as chips which lets people get right into the endgame.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2013-06-18 at 06:35 AM.

There is no point in playing games - that is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There is no point in playing games - that is the point.
    Seems about right :P So the point off games are to make your own...point off it?

Throwing my 2 cents - i say just right at the beginning that i love farmong and leveling, so D3 gives me already what i want. I play every once in a while, but never got away from it.

A new thing i'm into right now are the "RP Builds" in which i try to describe some sort of template for my char and then choose the skills limiting myself. Example: the last one is a Thundermage, so only neutral/lighting spells are allowed. Then with these sub-optimal builds i try to reach as far as i can into the game (talking about highest mp possible and i find myself comfortable too).

When the game gives me no more goals, i create myself other ones. FYI next one will be a tinkerer/no ranged weapon DH.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    well I see D3 as a 'filler' game, when I dont have raids/dailys/alts to level, I go there. Specially because its a game I don't rely on others to have sucess on it. That helped me alot in mid Cata when I was 'stuck' in a fail guild.
    Regarding those paragon 100 players... probably they want to get even better gear

Quote Originally Posted by carlosanjos View Post
    Regarding those paragon 100 players... probably they want to get even better gear
    Paragon and the myth about better gear dropping once 100 is not correct sadly. At about P50 you can easly cap MF/GF, so you barely notice any change from 50 to 100

Something else I notice alot, is that most, still active, 100p players are all flippers cause that's just how the game works. Only sometimes I see one who aint and thats useally a self-found player or something.

I'm about to hit paragon 100 on my first character (Barbarian). When I was in my 60's and 70's of paragon my plan was to level a Wizard to 100 too. However these last levels are a true grind and I'm not sure if I have it in me again.

So when I hit 100 I think I'm going to level a hardcore toon (Just for the achievements). Then probably try to achievement cap. Should be fun because you need to use all of the heroes to achievement cap. However I'm already 70% done and am one step away from Many, many achievements that require multiple parts. So by the middle of July I'll probably be looking for something to do again.

There is a lot to do people just don't look at it that way. I think you have to be a true diablo fan, and by that I mean rpg fan, to enjoy Diablo III. There is a lot to do you just have to find it. I think I may get into farming lower level legendary items because they sell for a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    What's the point in playing WOW? Heck I just binned my WOW sub because I find D3 a more rewarding grind...
    There is one small difference. Wow "grind" is like wine. Things that you grind are getting better with time. They gain value every expansion.
    People who grinded Hand of A'dal, Black/plagued protodrakes, Black Qiraji Battle Tank, Immortal/Undying, Champion/Conquiror of Ulduar - they'll have it forever. In five, maybe even 10 years they will login into game and people will say "Hey, your char is so cool".

And what is most valuable - is memories. Memories about how you and 24 of your friends defeated epic bosses after hours and days of the extraordinary hard gaming.
    I can open my achievements and say "hey, I remember this kill, I was in guild X on server Y and this boss was the most badass fight I ever experienced. Hey, I got my weapon from him, here it is in the bank, still enchanted with oldschool Mangoose enchant".

In d3... you spend thousands of hours clearing the same route over and over and over and over and over again.
    Grinding? You never use items that you grind. Everything that you have you bought on AH. And in just 6-8 month you'll sell all the items you have to vendor because new expansion will bring ilvl73 items and your items will become useless.
    "- How was your day, diablo3 farmer? - I killed 300 elites today, it's much better than yesterday, when I killed just 250 elites. Memories? I remember the alternative route that I used to run until someone showed me this one."

Obviously you are quite new to d3 if you don't yet understand how unrewarding and useless is grind in d3.
    Sooner or later you'll realize that playing AH is 10+ times more rewarding than farming. And after that you'll realize that working in macdonalds and using real life money to buy whatever you want in d3 is even more rewarding than playing ah.
    But it's a long way to understanding. Come back in few month and tell us about how rewarding was your daily grind today.