Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No doubt, I mean the menu alone is just off the charts... Spicy, deepfried, curry marinated sushi-haggis... My o my.
    Scotland has two spices. Meat and batter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Jamais...les Francais vole Calais.
    At least, please don't use Google Translate. It's just too obvious to anyone speaking other languages.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    At least, please don't use Google Translate. It's just too obvious to anyone speaking other languages.
    That wasn't, that was my GCSE French

The reason we scandinavians look so good is because when we fucked over.. well Europe during the viking era, we took all their good looking females back home.
    (truestory.jpeg)

Please dont be mad at us.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Scotland has two spices. Meat and batter.
    Well, the spicy would be the Texan or Indian part, the deepfried would again be the Texan part, the sushi the japanese part and haggis would be the scottish part obviously :P

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 07:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gaman View Post
    The reason we scandinavians look so good is because when we fucked over.. well Europe during the viking era, we took all their good looking females back home.
    (truestory.jpeg)

Please dont be mad at us.
    And killed all the good looking men in whatever country we raped and pillaged. Well that and the two world wars helped kill of pretty guys too.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    hm i have no clue about my ancestors, but out of guess, they probably killed each other

central europe, allways a place to party
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Scottish heritage, Irish family, born & raised in England....

...nothing like keeping it in the family!

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well..being half Italian...my ancestors probably defeated and had sex with all your ancestors...1000 year rein and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    your ancestors killed my ancestors so i must kill you for what your ancestors did to my ancestors.

makes no sense at all. people had this mentality for hundred if not thousands of years. alot of times its funny because those people most likely dont know the true cause for all the hatred.

whats your thought on holding grudges for what angered the ancestors?
    Honestly? We'll NEVER truly move forward if we keep this mentality....I HATE this mindset with a passion and it's used by almost everyone except white males(who admittedly don't have much reason to hold grudges except each other and some other groups) but i feel that it will just backfire on us in the long run....

As i see it if people keep asking for more and more reperations or special forms of treatment because of the past then we'll never move forward... Like my sister thinks it's fine for women to be treated better and get free passes on shit because of how they were once treated and i thank the gods i don;t lnow any say black people who feel the same way....

10+ Year Old Account
    trace my family back about 600years in England, i hold a grudge against everyone, especially those pesky colonies!
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    That wasn't, that was my GCSE French
    Just put the word "truc" in at least every second sentence if you don't know a word, it makes you sound if not nativae at least like an immigrant

The blood coursing within me comes from a long long line of people who either raided and took what your people had/killed your people and/or enslaved your people....now tell me something with your enlightened mind......am I really someone with you want to screw with?

That would make for a great facebook status!

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well, the spicy would be the Texan or Indian part, the deepfried would again be the Texan part, the sushi the japanese part and haggis would be the scottish part obviously :P
    No, the deep fried part is Scottish. You can get a deep fried Mars bar there. Scotland is a country utterly unafraid of scurvy and I admire that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    violence - almost always the worst way to approach the problem
    Actually all of history disagrees with you.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    And yet, it still sounds better and is more pleasing to the eye than Québécois. There, I said it. *whip crack*

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    No, the deep fried part is Scottish. You can get a deep fried Mars bar there. Scotland is a country utterly unafraid of scurvy and I admire that.
    True, true, them scots do like to deepfry *everything*... Deepfried pizza, marsbars, or sauge kebabs... Yeah.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylphen View Post
    And yet, it still sounds better and is more pleasing to the eye than Québécois. There, I said it. *whip crack*
    I see what you did there.

Too bad that this Québecois can actually talk and write pretty good normative French, otherwise he would've been en tabarnak at your shot.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    Actually all of history disagrees with you.
    yeah, we won, but we´ll write it as if it was a bad idea doing it

-the day jeff died as a historian
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    My ancestors were murdered by, Alexander the Great, the Dutch, the Portuguese, and especially the British and today I really don't care since its ancient history.
    Last edited by Ave07; 2013-06-10 at 08:56 PM.

Moral high-horsing alert! Stop assuming that, being a third-party, those involved in these kinds of "grudges" are simply delusional, illogical, dumb, or evil. These people are just like you and me: human. This is an archetype, and by implication, many here would be (are?) involved in similar hatred that was spawned from actions in the distant past.

I'll summarize the sentiment in this thread: "People A did bad stuff to People B and X years later, People A still remember and hold it against People B? How dumb/illogical. Stop it." In truth, the action's of People A influenced the way People B fundamentally view People A. Anger turned to resentment, and this was taught to the next generation. So, this new generation of People B were taught hatred of People A and treated them with disgust and vitriol. The new generation of People A were not involved in the original action, but they ARE involved in being treated very poorly by the new generation of People B. The cycle of hatred and vitriol perpetuates, and each new generation has very valid reasons of disliking the other People, since they have personally or indirectly felt this hatred on the other side.

Are you seriously saying that if a nearby peoples called you derogatory slurs and treated you with contempt you would be the first to attempt to make peace? And do you practice this peacemaking spirit here on the forums? It is a rare trait, indeed.