Thread: iOS 7

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

iOS 7

just wondered if anybody knows anywhere i can get a version of iOS 7 Beta to download??

edit - For my iphone 5

My thread is going to get locked didn't see this topic

http://www.android.com/

But seriously, just camp Engadget. I'm sure they'll have it up there.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

Looking for the same thing. Anything yet?

Looks like iOS is finally getting a face-lift. About time.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    it's def more...colorful

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they took some pointers from the Android OS. The one used for the S3 and 4 come to mind. It seems familiar.
    You make me smile with my heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extremely late to the party.

Kinda looks like another operating system that just came out that everyone on the planet seems to hate for no legitimate reason. (Windows 8 'Metro' style)

10+ Year Old Account
    looks cool, i really like the settings center

10+ Year Old Account
    "iOS 7: We've officially ran out of ideas"

The OS was feeling very dated, so they just made the icons look (and this is the best way I can describe them) low-budget?

That's it?

Oh, hey, you finally don't have to go through 4 menus to toggle bluetooth, so that's something....I guess. Android has only been doing that for, years. But hey, INNOVATION!

Right?

...right?

Seriously, I really had high hopes for Apple today. I was expecting them to come up with an OS for adults. I really wanted them to drop the Fisher Price OS and allow people to choose how they want their phone to look.

No widgets.

No way to remove bloatware from the homescreen.

No real customization ("folders" do not count).

No personality.

No thank you.

No widgets or lock screen customization = Me not caring. Sorry Apple, we're not stuck in 2007 anymore. Intentionally making information harder to get to is counterproductive.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    The Mesages looks so plain, not in a good way. Seems about two hours spent updating it. I would have expected something with a more defined looks, right now it looks entry-level compared to a proper mature flat design.

Not sure I like the new visual style.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apple's cutting edge innovation died with Jobs.

They're riding their fame and once that sputters out they're going to go the way of the palm pilots.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I like where its clean and white, I hate where it looks like a clowns make up is blurred on a window. Not sure what thats about.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I like it a lot, finally a new much needed revamp for the iOS.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice. About time for a revamp. Looks like they finally got their iOS team together, after firing their iOS head executive, instead of making "texturing" all their apps making them slow and cramped.

Edit: Also Airdrop. Damn it's about time. Wondered what took them so long.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-06-11 at 06:15 AM.

I'm pretty excited for the facelift, personally. If you want to check it out in more detail while you wait, here's a video overview / walkthrough:

Last edited by Furosuto; 2013-06-11 at 06:20 AM.

Totally agree. Jony Ive seemed to be smirking the whole time during the keynote so I think he's very happy about being largely responsible for the changes. For anyone who wants more info, here's a nice video overview / walkthrough of the beta so far: