Thread: iOS 7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm liking the face lift. Sleek and clean.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks cool, but it looks more like android system than IOS. Looks better though, a lot cleaner and more streamlined.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    iOS7 looks cool, but yeah flat design is little similar to android, but its fine. I home my WP8 change some in future

Deleted
    I'm not really an Apple fan (or iPhone fan really), but I do seem to like this update. Is it anything new? Hell no, but it does look good imo.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm ...

On closer inspection, the new App icons feel a bit wrong. Got to use it first hand to see if it works out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    Looks cool, but it looks more like android system than IOS. Looks better though, a lot cleaner and more streamlined.
    Wrong. Most features are taken from Symbian (the visual transparent themes and elements) and somewhat from Metro (the sleek ui fonts).

There's barely any android in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from the facelift there is nothing whatsoever that interested me in iOS 7 (not that I own an iDevice).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

I can't say that it's "innovative" by any means, but it has a nice clean look to it. I'm due for a new phone in fall, so we'll see if anything interesting on the hardware front is on the horizon. I like my Android just fine, but I don't take advantage of very many of its advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    There's barely any android in it.
    Stylistically it's strikingly similar to MIUI: http://en.miui.com/

Oddly enough, the MIUI folks were heavily criticized a few years ago for making it too similar to iOS, but they gradually moved away to form something pretty unique - only to have iOS7 look quite a bit like it. Granted you can tweak the hell out of MIUI to the point where it won't look anything like iOS7, but "out of the box" it looks an awful lot like iOS7 on Android.

My criticism stems from the (apparent) fact that they still want you to go through a bunch of menus and submenus to access the information you want. This isn't 2010; people know how to use smartphones now, and they want power without having to dive into a bunch of menu screens. I thought that was what a large part of the revamp was supposed to do.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh ... don't care. It can look like Windows 3.1, as long as it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like they picked various bits and pieces of both current android and WP8 and put it into a color palette that could very well be something a unicorn shat out.
    I'm not really seeing any kind of innovation here, I'll stick to my current WP8 thank you very much.

just wondered if anybody knows anywhere i can get a version of iOS 7 Beta to download??
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2013-06-11 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    That is if you want to pay 99$ a month for it.

That is if you want to pay 99$ a month for it.
    It's $99/year for an ADC-iOS tier subscription.

Given that it's not freely available (ie: it's not a public beta), and this forum has rule against pirating stuff…

More practically, iOS7 requires activation with Apple's servers. They take the universal device ID from your phone and regster it against a particular developer account. iOS7 phones home to check the UDID with Apple when it's booted up to see if it has been registered against an ADC premium/select/ios developer and 'allowed' to run the OS. If you're not a paid-up ADC member (or you don't know one who's going to use up one of their limited count of UDID registrations for you) then it's not going to simply install as a real publicly available release would.
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2013-06-11 at 06:38 PM. Reason: added udid info.

Deleted
    I've been using iPhones since 5 years now and that was the UI change i was really hoping for. In comparison to modern design iOS6 really looks old.
    It also has gotten very easy to use the beta since there are so many websites which will register your UDID for 5$. But you should consider that the battery time is always pretty bad in the early versions.

I love it! Looks cleaner and sleek. I can't wait till I see what airdrop can develop into. Personally I don't care about widgets cause that is an android thing. Maybe they can do a live tiles thing windows does but make it better. With the iPhone 5s coming out in Sep-Oct, i can't wait to see how the 5s will fit into those features. Maybe Airdrop will turn into the NFC killer or something along the lines. But I can see android 5.0 coming out around fall. Then that will be a battle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ph4rmacy View Post
    I've been using iPhones since 5 years now and that was the UI change i was really hoping for. In comparison to modern design iOS6 really looks old.
    It also has gotten very easy to use the beta since there are so many websites which will register your UDID for 5$. But you should consider that the battery time is always pretty bad in the early versions.
    Is that reliable though? Will you be able to keep updated with the beta and will you be able to convert back to a backup if it's not working?

Is that reliable though? Will you be able to keep updated with the beta and will you be able to convert back to a backup if it's not working?
    Beta means beta; if it works then great but there are never promises. Reverting works fine - most developers don't buy multiple iPhones 4s just to test against v 6/7 simultaneously - they just migrate from one version to the next. Once the OS ships and you update, going back is generally a pain in the ass but during the beta it is usually okay.

I wouldn't call this a reliable solution - Apple does 'go after' developers and websites that sell UDID registrations because it's a violation of your contract as an ADC member. If you buy from a developer and they are caught then you would expect your UDID registration to be 'undone' (that happened during the iOS 5 and 6 betas). I have no idea how that effects people who had already installed the beta with an ill-gotten registration but I'd assume it would prevent them from installing updates released during the beta period.

Calling up an ADC-member friend and offering a beer for a UDID registration would go unnoticed, paying $5 to some 'iosbetaaccess.com' website would be looking for trouble.

15+ Year Old Account
    iOS 7 is not available to the public. If you don't currently have access to it then asking for download links is not the correct way to go about it.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right