May be fellow hunters have a trick that I can use in situations like this.
I find it hard to impossible to run away from a fight. On any of my alts if I get over numbered I just get away from the fight using whatever speed abilities I have, mount and avoid a certain death. But, I am not being able to do that on my hunter anymore. The reason being that my pet stays in combat.
I run far away from the fight and try to mount but it says I am in combat. I check I am not but it does not let me mount. I feign death and try to mount again but I can't. They finally catch up with me and kill me.
The problem is that they have my pet and that keeps me in combat. I can't take him with me. What are my options?
1. Dismiss pet before getting away. No. The whole point is to run away immediately. Not even det and dismiss. It's not practical.
2. Dismiss after getting away. Pet is out of range.
3. Make pet follow and run. He's too slow to keep up with me and they slow him when they can't slow me.
4. Make pet passive and run. Same as 3.
5. Get so far away that pet is dismissed itself. Apparently they increased the range of pets staying active but not of receiving commands. The pet does not dismiss itself as it used to before if we got too far which is the reason why I never had this problem until now.
Any ideas? Or what do you guys do?