Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    I guess we will just conveniently disregard the fact that one guy did this illegally and unconstitutionally by not using warrants while the other guy uses warrants. Why would that sway public opinion?

2005 article
    Oh, I know. He still paved the way for these kinds of actions to be taken out legally, and made such a strong push to defend our freedom, which is what our government is doing now, right? They're using Bush era methods, in a manner that's legal this time, to protect us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hanketsu View Post
    No, it's not really paranoia. See, here's the thing: 1) you just sidestepped my challenge because you really have no limit to the depths you will go to kiss the governments arse.
    Uh, no. I didn't side step. I gave you an answer. Once it's relevant to me, then I'll care. Metadata isn't relevant to me. And how am I kissing their ass? By not challenging them every step of the way? I've got a life. I can't just go to D.C. every time the government does something I don't agree with. There are other people out there that do that. If they fail and the government infringes on me unlawfully, then I'll do something. But until then, IDC.

2) I used to be paid to post on forums, one of the things we had to do was damage control. Guess what, any logical human being wouldn't support something that violates a person's rights, much less something that violates our constitution. What do I see your support of such things as? damage control and PR to quell the public.
    So because you were once a shill, I must be for not agreeing with you? Not very sound logic there. And "I don't care" isn't damage control. Mass apathy isn't going to stop a movement. Especially if that movement is founded on fighting for peoples rights.

It is exactly because of people with the thought process like yours that Hitler and many others have been able to take over nations and commit atrocities.
    So, Hitler is not to blame, people who don't agree with you are? It wasn't the Nazis fault for killing the Jews, it was the rest of Germany that allowed them to do it are to blame. That sounds..................................... I can't even think of a word that won't get me infracted.
    Last edited by Templar 331; 2013-06-14 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    So you don't care as long as they get a warrant? Needing reasonable cause to obtain said warrant, of course.
    Provided the court isn't corrupt and doesn't have a 99.9% warrant approval rate and zero oversight... no there's no problem with investigations if they have warrants.