Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tempis View Post
    Start---> MSCONFIG in search box---> goto start up disable Steam, Origin, what ever else is at start up (that you don't need)

there done Nothing to "spy" on you
    Or just deactive the "run xxx on windows startup" option in every client. I have Uplay, Origin and Steam, and every one of these only runs when I want them to run.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this idea. Means i don't have to log into a game to talk to my brother.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for this to go live!

Deleted
    omg omg omg beta testing the new client omg omg

#whogivesadamn

Noticed this folder this morning World of Warcraft\Cache\wowbrowser
    dont think it was there a week ago. could it be tied to the new client
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    I hope there is an opt out because I don't want some bloatware running all the time while I am playing. And I don't want to see annoying ads for Blizzard products.
    Just run the wow.exe from the wow directory

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    Noticed this folder this morning World of Warcraft\Cache\wowbrowser
    dont think it was there a week ago. could it be tied to the new client
    That's for the in-game web browser (in-game access to the support website) in the WoW client that was added a while back.

they need to open this for EVERYONE not justa bunch of ppl from press and shit this way you have alot of testers who are actually testing we have seen how this game was bugged all over the place with just a few testers who luckly got into other betas of wow.

what im trying to say is make it optional to use those who want to use it they do it those who dont want to use just dont use easy as that why do they have to beta test it anyway. next time they beta test the download process and then the loading process of the game of course only with ppl who got selected

it just sounds so silly beta testing a launcher like realy ?

Ok, everyone will have to use this at some point, so...if one has 2 accounts under the same battle.net, does this mean you will not be able to log in both accounts at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtside View Post
    Because to hell with Linux users, amirite? It's already a periodic battle(.net) dealing with Blizzard's weird infrastructural changes. Let's hope the WINE team figures this crap out PDQ.
    you're worried they wont support an OS they dont support currently?
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

10+ Year Old Account
    Could any beta tester tell me if it allow to launch several instances of the app at a time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro88 View Post
    Could any beta tester tell me if it allow to launch several instances of the app at a time?
    It's only opening one instance of the desktop app by default, this can be changed via the menu.
    you can not log into one battle-net account on both apps at the same time, one will drop out.
    Closing the app in the background does not shut down your clients.
    Last edited by Grindfreak; 2013-06-11 at 01:45 PM.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Where's the appear offline or invisible?

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Looks pretty slick...but, when it comes to Battle.net there is only one feature I'm interested in - "Appear Offline"
    Word. Would love an appear offline/invisible feature with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak View Post
    It's only opening one instance of the desktop app by default, this can be changed via the menu.
    you can not log into one battle-net account on both apps at the same time, one will drop out.
    Closing the app in the background does not shut down your clients.
    So you can login with two accounts in the same computer, isn't it?

How do you even "test" a desktop client?

Deleted
    Here's hoping that they finally have a framework to allow communication between all B.net, Would be nice to be able to chat to my American friends without having to jump on their servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    W...why? It doesn't do anything but act as a launcher for all 3 game clients. A launcher with insta-login. And it looks nice.
    Because of the fear it can make wow unportable like it is now....

Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    It works really great. Before you launch the game you can choose which license and region. Then I am right in my game as it opens without having to enter my password more than the first time I opened the app.

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 09:21 PM ----------

Even if you only play one game, it works better than the basic WoW/D3/SC2 Launcher. Its a new and improved one and involves all Battle.net games.
    Can you still run your games without this crap???

15+ Year Old Account
    I see no reason why you shouldn't, guessing you will just have to disable auto login so one account doesn't get automatically disconnected when you re-launch the app.

Don't have two B-Net accounts personally so I can't verify, but I'm fairly sure it's possible based on what I've seen so far.

I'm dissapointed it doesn't include Diablo 2 and other older games, but I'll just make a complaint that's what beta testing is for I guess.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tried (I'll try tonight - I have two licenses) but I think you can as long as they're different wow accounts under the same battle.net. If it doesn't work yet, it should eventually or I imagine there would be a huge uproar from multiboxers.

I don't know about separate battle.net accounts; that might be sketchier since it would mean you would need two desktop apps. I can see that maybe being problematic although that's sort of an unconventional way to do things, so it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't supported.

The solution would just be to put all your licenses under the same battle.net and solve the issue. I'm not sure why people sometimes separate them out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    Can you still run your games without this crap???
    Yes, if you don't want to use the launcher, you can go into your WoW game folder and run the .exe, same as now. The launcher is mainly for patching and displaying news and stuff.

You can also use the desktop client as a launcher and then close it from your system tray once the game is opened, although it doesn't take much resources so I'm not sure that leaving it in the system tray would matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    How do you even "test" a desktop client?
    By using it!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnor View Post
    you may every now and then have to update the client for bug fixes, but they're like.. 2 second updates. the upgrades are minimal, and the restart takes about 10 seconds without having to download anything (youll just get a message saying you need to restart, wait 10 seconds, youre back.)

dont be a grumpy butt. "eh, is this new? I have to update it every now and then!? I DONT LIKE IT!"

And you will have the option to keep your games upgraded automatically or not, if that makes you feel better. I dont have diablo 3 installed, but if i did, it would an option here as well.

http://i.imgur.com/qXGqvnn.jpg[COLOR="red"]
    I'm no curmudgeon. There are some upgrades that I do like, like say a new graphics card - it's great. There are also upgrades which I feel are not so, but get no choice in the matter. Check out the latest YouTube channel layout - it's terrible.

Also, "upgrade" and "update" are not always the same thing.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn