Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    GPU says

Bus Interface: PCI-E 3.0 x 16 @ x 16 1.1

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 04:10 PM ----------

And now WoW keeps crashing every 5-10 minutes... well this is new... and exciting might I add.

The second it crashes, CPU usage drops down to a normal level when a game isn't running.

Deleted
    If you put back your old card, is the issue gone then?
    And like I asked in my last post, how does it go in other games?

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I have the best CPU that my Mobo can support.

I had higher FPS with my older GPU :\
    The CPU should be fine just for WoW.
    Having the best CPU your motherboard can support doesn't mean you have a good CPU for what you are trying to accomplish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
    If you put back your old card, is the issue gone then?
    And like I asked in my last post, how does it go in other games?
    I only play Blizzard games really. It doesn't have any issues in D3 or SC2.

It's getting a consistent 20-30 FPS right now but my CPU Usage stays at 100% until it crashes and then goes back down to 1-5%.

Yes, the issue is gone when I put my old card back in but it's an ATI Radeon HD 4600 and it's probably one of the least stressful cards out there. Plus, the fan doesn't spin or work, and I don't want to go back to turning shadows off completely =(

I know this card's good.

EDIT: I noticed even in D3/SC2 the CPU usage shoots up like a bottlerocket.

I really think it's time to accept the fact i need a new MOBO and a quad core CPU. THis one is old as hell...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the issue is gone when I put my old card back in but it's an ATI Radeon HD 4600
    I know this card's good.
    These seem to be conflicting statements.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I really think it's time to accept the fact i need a new MOBO and a quad core CPU. THis one is old as hell...
    You don't need a quad core CPU. You just need to pick up a modern Intel CPU with much higher per core performance.

WoW Bench - i5-3470 vs i3-2100 vs Athlon II x2 265 3.3 Ghz

If he has better performance with his 4600 then it's just pretty much a PSU issue or that GPU. Which PSU do you use anyways? Model & brand plx.

Deleted
    I only play Blizzard games really. It doesn't have any issues in D3 or SC2.

It's getting a consistent 20-30 FPS right now but my CPU Usage stays at 100% until it crashes and then goes back down to 1-5%.

Yes, the issue is gone when I put my old card back in but it's an ATI Radeon HD 4600 and it's probably one of the least stressful cards out there. Plus, the fan doesn't spin or work, and I don't want to go back to turning shadows off completely =(

I know this card's good.

Yea, might just be the easy way to go about it + you get a new CPU and faster RAM speeds... there's a bug with the card though imo, so your performance in WoW will probably shoot up once the bug stops happening. Had the same 100% CPU use thing... it should not be spiking your CPU usage to 100% like your old card doesn't and the card doesn't on setups where it works properly (or be in a state where WoW crashes), but it might well be just the easier and better thing as you say to upgrade CPU/Mobo/RAM and see if it won't work properly... you could RMA the card, but it might work properly there... unless it's actually the card that's broken from the get-go... good luck .

Deleted
    Do you have access to a different compatible computer that you could put the card in to test and see if the problem persists? Or do you have access to someone willing to loan you their PSU to test if that improves it?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't have access.

Even then, the CPU wouldn't be the same. The GPU activity is running moderately fine, it's keeping cool but it's the CPU Usage that shoots up sky high.

As people on Tom's Hardware and another forum are telling me, the CPU is severely limiting my performance and bottlenecking.

My PSU is a Corsair 700.

Other games that aren't as CPU intensive are still getting high CPU usage but it's not getting horrendous frames. Well, pretty sure I have my answer there. Off to spend $200 on a mobo and CPU then -_-

I recommend u go with an Intel CPU and an NVIDIA video card if u play wow. I has an amd system and ever since making the switch I'm not looking back. Sure u pay more but u get the performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    As people on Tom's Hardware and another forum are telling me, the CPU is severely limiting my performance and bottlenecking.
    That might be true, however not to the point you are experiencing. The primary issue is something is not working correctly. 15fps in thunder bluff has nothing to do with the power of your cpu or gpu. There is a problem. It's either the GPU or the PSU. You may have to take it into a shop to troubleshoot, if you don't have parts to eliminate one or the other.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    LAG =/= FPS. Hate when people call it lag.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Did you make sure to uninstall all previous graphics drivers before installing the ones for your new card?

Try getting a better bandwith

* wink *

oh and dont buy ATI ? Just dont.

User was infracted for brand bashing.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-06-13 at 12:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    Try getting a better bandwith

* wink *

oh and dont buy ATI ? Just dont.

User was infracted for brand bashing.
    ATI is no more, its AMD and they are not that bad. The problem is somewhere with drivers.

What OS are you running?

You need to uninstall your gpu drivers with drive sweeper and install it again

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 04:27 AM ----------

If your CPU usage is high and you ain't doing nothing go to msconfig by using run and uncheck the funky stuff

the bettter your processing the better any mmo performance is going to be....

Deleted
    one simple thing:
    did you try using the repair-tool?

after changing my gpu i also bad fps issues.
    used the tool and voila, everything was fine again.

10+ Year Old Account
    im running a 7570 (no typo) and i get 100-120 and about 80 during a raid, 60 while streaming, idk why ur getting this prob tbh