Lei Shen 10N transition question

Hi our raid team started working lei Shen last night, we put in 16 attempts and got to the final phase like 3 or 4 times but only with like half our raid left. We are using the 4,4,1,1 strat with diffusion chain then overload being leveled. Things are getting smoother and I am pretty sure a kill is on it's way, but I just wanted to see if ppl think this is the best way to go about the transitions or if maybe I should switch it up tonight to having 3,3,2,2 in the first transition? Also one of our raiders thinks we should be leveling static shock for the 2nd transition.

Our comp is
    Prot pala
    Prot warrior
    2x disc priest
    Resto Druid
    Dk
    2x lock
    Hunter
    Mage (he was missing tho and we pugged a shaman who was putting up weak dps)

Thanks for any advice

Nutty

Why not make it easy for you and don't level any pillar?

Deleted
    We always went for 0 level ups in both P1 and P2. I see no reason why you have to level a pillar up in P1. I have seen a lot of different tactics, all from leveling up static shock, to diffusion chain, to overcharge in P2.

One of the easiest tactics I have seen is destroying static shock in the first transition and max leveling chains on the second one. What this means is that as you got no static shock, your players can just spread out completely, so leveling up chains wont matter since you are spread out, and people just eat the overcharge to the face as it does not really hurt that much.

I had very bad experience with leveling up static shock, but some people seem to like that route. One thing you should consider is using 1 tank, it makes the fight so much easier. We ended up using 1 tank, 3 healers and 6 dps for the first kill. During the transition we just spread 2 dps + 1 healer on 3 sides, and the tank, me, solo on one square. For the second transition we just put 1 healer + 3 dps on 2 squares, with one healer in between them, and again, me solo as tank on the third square.

We found this to make the fight trivial since having 3 players on each square made static shock very easy aswell as having 3 healers made it very easy to deal with.

We popped bloodlust in P2 so we could reach second transition without leveling any pillar up. You do not really need BL in P3 anyway, it is so easy. Reaching P3 with full raid = free kill.

All in all, there is no right or wrong here, so many different ways to do this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    Why not make it easy for you and don't level any pillar?
    this. if you're just now getting lei shen attempts in then i have to assume you're all swimming in current gear. that alone means the dps requirement to get to that 66% transition is much easier to attain than it would have been weeks 1-3. just start on chain and move him at 90% power then just move every other pillar after the first thunderstruck. you should get to 66% without lvling a single pillar. it would also really help us to help you if you posted logs or told us what exactly is killing people. honestly, in this fight, there should be zero deaths outside of tanks (even those are easy to prevent assuming semi-skilled tanks) through the first 2 phases and transitions with relative ease. all of the dmg is completely avoidable and/or easily mitigated with personal cds or just stacking 'x' amount of people up. it should be no problem at all to get into p3 with everyone up so strive for that. cheers and good luck.

I guess I worded this wrong we aren't leveling anything in the first transition, but we don't have the dps to not level anything in the 2nd transition. I can't link logs here yet tho I am pretty sure everyone in the raid took a turn or two at doing something stupid including me (pala tank) pulling agro on 2 of our best attempts and not being prepared was knocked off the platform from diffusion slash .

If anyone wants to link the logs from last night we are Comatose on stormrage us
    Last edited by Nuttypoolog; 2013-06-11 at 03:13 AM.

If dps is hard on the second phase you can save alot of time by getting Lei shen out for every lightning whip thus giving you more time on every pillar. We find popping hero on the second phase makes it alot faster aswell considering you don't really need it for p3.
    Last edited by Sylf; 2013-06-11 at 03:17 AM.

Deleted
    what we have done for last 3 weeks in our altruns is to pop lust in p2, no need to level anything at any point that way D:

We swapped in a Mage for the underperforming shaman and had the kill with no problem!