Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ...
    We've known that the PC version was planned, but we now have details and a trailer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the 1080 Ti recommended for 3840x2160 or in general, cause that's a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Is the 1080 Ti recommended for 3840x2160 or in general, cause that's a bit odd.
    i doubt it for a game that looks that good, anything but a half a grand plus gfx card won't cut it.

i mean basically if your PC is shit and you want to play FF15 on PC, be willing to spend $1500 to play FF15, one the most expensive games ever made?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I'm gonna replay it. It wasn't all that much fun in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I really enjoyed the game, the characters and the brotherhood type feeling, it made it personal. I also really enjoyed the story. That said, I will probably only ever play this game the one time...it's not that good to warrant several play throughs.
    I will not replay it due to one giant (or several) hallways. Other than that I also enjoyed the game.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

And now we have a pocket edition. Same plot, chibi style.

- - - Updated - - -

Tabita heavily hints FFXV is coming to the Nintendo Switch.

The translator says "A console that sounds like Twitch."

- - - Updated - - -

https://clips.twitch.tv/KindGrotesqueHamPlanking

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I don't think I'm gonna replay it. It wasn't all that much fun in the first place.
    I went back to it for the first time in like 5 months and especially after playing XII it really stands out how FFXV is a gorgeous but painfully mediocre mainline final fantasy. I mean i despise the Lightning pushing SE did but for all its flaws FFXIII's paradigm shift battle system was far more fun than what feels like a slightly shittier Kingdom Hearts. I dont want to say worse than XIII because that linearity and bad writing killed it, but its definitely one of the weaker final fantasys.

I think about starting it again and compare it to starting any other mainline game again and i instantly think how i would rather replay anything between 4 and 12 again over 15.

At this point i get they need to recoup a decade of resource spending but i just want them to move on or confirm another team is working on XVI. But with the VIIRemake under way i doubt its happening.

Sadly i think beyond a remake constant XV 'universe' shilling is all we will get from the mainline games for a few more years and while i enjoyed a fair bit of XV im totally over it and want something new.

OR JUST CRYSTAL CHRONICLES ON THE SWITCH GOD DAMN IT.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I went back to it for the first time in like 5 months and especially after playing XII it really stands out how FFXV is a gorgeous but painfully mediocre mainline final fantasy. I mean i despise the Lightning pushing SE did but for all its flaws FFXIII's paradigm shift battle system was far more fun than what feels like a slightly shittier Kingdom Hearts. I dont want to say worse than XIII because that linearity and bad writing killed it, but its definitely one of the weaker final fantasys.

I think about starting it again and compare it to starting any other mainline game again and i instantly think how i would rather replay anything between 4 and 12 again over 15.

At this point i get they need to recoup a decade of resource spending but i just want them to move on or confirm another team is working on XVI. But with the VIIRemake under way i doubt its happening.

Sadly i think beyond a remake constant XV 'universe' shilling is all we will get from the mainline games for a few more years and while i enjoyed a fair bit of XV im totally over it and want something new.

OR JUST CRYSTAL CHRONICLES ON THE SWITCH GOD DAMN IT.
    I just find no reason to replay it because there is no deviation from any play through and they're all the same. At least the others i can use different party members, even 13.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I will not replay it due to one giant (or several) hallways. Other than that I also enjoyed the game.
    Yeah...Chapter 13 I think it was? Sucked. Made sense story wise, still sucked.

So it's out on PC and I decided to buy it, first game I bought since Legion... Things so far

1. Lower fps performance than demo
    2. Screen tearing regardless of settings, turning off Vsync improved it but didn't fix it (opposite of expected results). Wasn't an issue in the demo.
    3. Nvidia patch install didn't change anything
    4. Steam achievement notifications burning themselves into the screen after popping up, only removed by restarting the game.
    5. People on steam discussion claiming the already pirated version of the full game has improved FPS over retail version because it doesn't have DRM.

And to top it off for some reason my characters seem to have bags full of high end equipment and costumes, it's like why am I starting the game with a "Ragnarok" weapon and other massively more powerful items compared to my default kit. It's like playing the game with the cheat codes on, bah. I'm annoyed, why did I even bother paying for it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if they already fixed the audio issues as in does it play in 5.1 now or are you still forced to play on stereo to have any sound.

So does the Royal Edition on console have the DLC all on disk or is it a download code?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Obviously I'm late to the party waiting for the PC release but I think setting aside the port/optimisation it's actually a really good game. I'm not sure if it's really a good Final Fantasy game though, it feels more like I'm playing Skyrim with a Final Fantasy theme with how the game is basically just a big open world full of side quests that end up taking up most of the time, and while the main storyline stuff is good it's completely drown out by the sheer amount of other content which ends up just clogging your quest log unfinished, the main game feels like it's not all that long and doesn't really make a whole lot of sense in the way it's told.

But yeah good game, enjoying it but it woulda made a better final fantasy game if they cut the filler. I really hope they don't go down this route with the Final Fantasy 7 remake, with this quicktime/real time action based combat and an open world filled with sidequests that have no relation to the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hows the game playing with M+K? Or is controller still a must?

Thinking about buying the game, watched Kingsglaive last night with I surprisingly enjoyed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So does the Royal Edition on console have the DLC all on disk or is it a download code?
    The disc is still only just the base game, you have to download all updates and all dlc. sorry

On the subject of download stuff, I had I think an 85gb game which included DLC other than the 4k texture pack which is a separate download bringing it to 155gb, that's with the Steam version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Hows the game playing with M+K? Or is controller still a must?

Thinking about buying the game, watched Kingsglaive last night with I surprisingly enjoyed.
    Seems to work fine with as mouse and keyboard, it's surprisingly MMO in nature and one could say that the mouse gives a slight advantage with the warp ability. That said I've been playing it with a PS3 controller, which to me is preferable.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-03-08 at 11:03 PM.