Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 1 of 94
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] Final Fantasy XV

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...-playstation-4

OMOGMOMGOMGOMOGMOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was it just me or was that simply NOT a jrpg like the other Final Fantasies? Looked more like a Ninja-Gaiden-esque action adventure style game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Was it just me or was that simply NOT a jrpg like the other Final Fantasies? Looked more like a Ninja-Gaiden-esque action adventure style game.
    That's the modern setting. I really dig that they set it in sorta contemporary times, but still manage to give it a very Final Fantasy flair.

Sooooooooooo happy to finally see something about this again. I was hoping they'd show it, and they didn't disappoint.

I believe they said it was more similar to Kingdom Hearts style of gaming than other Final Fantasies. I wonder how turn based it'll be. Even FF12 and 13 were all turned based to a point, but this looks far from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't be more disappointed. Definitely doesn't feel JRPG-y and I was really hoping we'd leave the stupid Fabula Nova Crystallis universe.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    I believe they said it was more similar to Kingdom Hearts style of gaming than other Final Fantasies. I wonder how turn based it'll be. Even FF12 and 13 were all turned based to a point, but this looks far from it.
    Seems like action combat like the new FFXIII game. I'm kinda ok with that, though I do miss turn based combat.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Seems like action combat like the new FFXIII game. I'm kinda ok with that, though I do miss turn based combat.
    Turn base is good but it get's kinda stale. I think that's why they are taking a break from it (think the last official turn based was FFX with 12/13 being half assed action combat)

But I am very excited for FF15

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy that there were cinematics AND gameplay with both Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3. It could have been just cinematics and left everybody guessing, but they actually decided to show some. Well done Square.

Now for the Realm Reborn "epic" trailer tomorrow...

10+ Year Old Account
    I am amazed my prophecy came true. Back when it looked like 13V was scrapped I was hoping that it would just get turned into 15, but never actually thought it would. Very excited, the world and combat really have my interest, so glad to see it make a return.

Well versus had the same concept as Dirge of Cerberus as far as I remember. I hope though they don't stick with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sony is taking all my money this E3.

10+ Year Old Account
    It says something about a console when people are willing (me included) to buy it just because a game they want is coming out on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Gameplay looks Kingdomheartish to me. Which I am fine with. Will be awesome to play I hope.

I got that vibe too... but do consider this was ORIGINALLY meant to be a whole other game (Final Fantasy XIII versus). So, chances are they just abandoned the old game premise and retitled it to FF15 in hopes to recover costs.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Turn base is good but it get's kinda stale. I think that's why they are taking a break from it (think the last official turn based was FFX with 12/13 being half assed action combat)

But I am very excited for FF15
    Exactly, they've taken a break from it for THAT long. Give me back good turn based gameplay please.

Horribly disappointed

yea it seems like the battle style is alot more like kingdom heart (which i love btw) and ff12 turn base(not even sure) is just dull at this point

but man the trialer looks freaking AWSOME!! now i have to buy ps4 -_-
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I hope the NPC's will have some crazy good AI. After playing Bioshock Infinite, I am kinda spoiled in regard of AI-controlled companions. Elizabeth was just that lovely and useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not excited for this, as a main Final Fantasy title. I just can't...

Been waiting for this forever. I'm not that big a fan of the bright sort of Final Fantasy games as they've traditionally been made, so this is quite refreshing. I only hope they stop making it an interactive movie like FF13 tragically turned out to be and more like a game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Not excited for this, as a main Final Fantasy title. I just can't...
    Everytime I see this being FFXV instead of Versus 13 I ask myself: What would FFXV have looked like if FF Versus 13 would have been already on the market for some months/years like it should have been?

Then I stop asking myself, shed a tear and do something useful instead.