Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    As much as I liked FFX, since voice acting was introduced to the series it has ruined the experience of the games for me (don't get me wrong it's not only the voice acting), I don't know how they muff it up so bad but every line just sounds so forced and over done, as if the actors are trying to hard with every line. Tidus, Snow, Hope, Vanile, Advent Children cast were all so bad. It's just so cheesy and I don't know why it's like that.
    Honestly, I wish more games, particularly JRPGs, would offer a Japanese dialogue with English subtitles option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    XII has the best voice acting in my opinion out of the lot of them so far. I really want another main title in that sort of style.
    Come to think about it I had no problem with 12s voice acting or I'm remembering it wrongly.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Honestly, I wish more games, particularly JRPGs, would offer a Japanese dialogue with English subtitles option.
    They pretty much all do now.

Even Square, with Lightning Returns and Drakengard 3 started doing it.(and XIII series on PC)

ATLUS is probably the last big localizer who doesn't do it, but then again ATLUS actually hires GOOD english voice actors.

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Come to think about it I had no problem with 12s voice acting or I'm remembering it wrongly.
    It helps that they had the likes of Gideon Emery for Balthier. Gabranth, Basch and even minor characters such as Drace all had excellent voice acting too.

Then again XII did boast a more varied cast overall and a more serious tone across the board. The other recent main titles have mostly revolved around a cast of teenagers and twenty somethings which tend to be voiced and written in a manner many find to be grating. Myself included.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It helps that they had the likes of Gideon Emery for Balthier. Gabranth, Basch and even minor characters such as Drace all had excellent voice acting too.

Then again XII did boast a more varied cast overall and a more serious tone across the board. The other recent main titles have mostly revolved around a cast of teenagers and twenty somethings which tend to be voiced and written in a manner many find to be grating. Myself included.
    Don't forget John DiMaggio as Miguelo and the fake legendary swordsman.

Holy crap am I late to this party!

I was following FFvXIII way back in 2008, I just assumed it had been cancelled. Well I guess all I'm doing today is looking at videos I've missed.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    So, it looks like it's pretty much confirmed that Final Fantasy XV is a different game heavily inspired by Versus XIII

Gonna quote some guys quote from Neogaf.

Some time has passed since announcing Final Fantasy XV, and Episode Duscae was a turning point in development. With all the demo feedback, Square Enix has set its sights on what to do during the mastering phase and what everyone is enthusiastic about. After last year’s Tokyo Game Show and leading up to the release of Episode Duscae, information released about the game was limited to the game system—what direction gameplay was taking. Tabata says he understand that fans are interested in information on the characters and story.

After the switch from Versus XIII to XV, the first decision Square Enix made was to make sure XV would have a complete and coherent story in one game. In deciding which elements would fit into XV from Final Fantasy Versus XIII, the team went through everything in detail and tried to keep as many elements from the original story in as possible. The team considered what what would fit and what was essential for the story to be containefd in a single title. They decided to be as faithful to Nojima’s original Versus XIII story as possible, so they created a narrative that utilized the original story as much as possible.

But there were changes:

Stella – Presented as the heroine to play opposite Noctis in Versus XIII. The team wanted to keep her as a heroine and pursued ways to tie her into Final Fantasy XV‘s design, but we found it difficult to make sense of her character and role within the new game. So then they thought, “Do we want to recreate Stella in a different role and image, or do we want to start over with a new heroine?” After a lot of consideration, the team decided not to include Stella and go with a new heroine named Luna, who has a different role in the story.

Crown City of Insomnia – Shown in the trailer as the opening for Versus XIII. There was a scene of a party taking place in the castle within the city. And there was a sequence of scenes right after the party where the city is attacked by the enemy forces of Niflheim. This sequences has been deleted from the game. The reason is because scenes like those had to be regressed because of a very critical factor. Now the sequence is: Noctis and his crew leave Insomnia, then the Niflheim army attacks the crown city. The reason behind this is extremely important, but is considered a spoiler.

Tabata (paraphrased): ‘As we make these major changes, there are other characters that we introduced, like a woman with dark hair, and a female dragoon, that are still in the game with their own important roles within the story.’

Nojima (scenario) statement: “This is Nojima. As director Tabata just announced, the plot that was developed during the Versus era has served as the basis for the Final Fantasy XV story. I’m sure the story will make many changes as they adapt my draft into a more detailed script, but I believe that the important things I wanted to express will be taken to another level by the XV team. As I express my support, I will be waiting for XV to be completed just like everyone else.”

Tabata summed up by saying, in short, that Final Fantasy XV, while based on Versus XIII, is a different game.
    http://gematsu.com/2015/06/final-fan...xeKo7BRDhGY.99

That's a bit disappointing and worrying in my opinion.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should see the uproar over at GameFAQs over Stella :| personally, I'm alittle worried, but not too fussed over losing a character we know close to nothing about. I'm more worried that her replacement will fall into an easy trope due to the lack of time for development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    You should see the uproar over at GameFAQs over Stella :| personally, I'm alittle worried, but not too fussed over losing a character we know close to nothing about. I'm more worried that her replacement will fall into an easy trope due to the lack of time for development.
    Yeah I was reading the forums over at GameFAQs and Neogaf, it's not so much that Stella is gone that people are QQing about. It has more to do with the fact that the game's original vision is basically gone and they are doing something completely new that not everybody is on board with. The whole reason Versus caught everyone's attention was because of how the story was being presented. It was going to take a heavy Shakespearean approach. Adopt some concepts from 'Hamlet' and 'Remeo and Juliet'. It was really dark, mature, and gothic in many ways. Something "new".

For better or worse, a lot of things have changed and it doesn't seem like the main story has any of these influences anymore..just the core of what made Versus (characters/features/lore) is incorporated into this new game.
    BUT! There is hope. One of my favorite Final Fantasy titles went through this exact same process. FFIX was supposed to be a little spin off, but the story was revamped (while being heavily based on the previous story) to become a more complete game. It turned out to be one of the best FF's made. So we'll see how it all turns out.

Also, Stella was scrapped when they went into full development mode back a few years ago. When Versus became XV. I wouldn't be too worried about Luna cutting into development time. As far as we know, the game is still on schedule and we should have a release date on this years gamescom.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Personally, I'm okay with it. I think renumbering it to XV means it needs a clear break from the XIII series and needs to be its own self contained world & story, even if it's using the fabula nova crystallis mythology (last I understood it still was, same as Type-0 and XIII).

I assumed when it was given an official number it was no longer going to be Versus XIII. Surprised others are in an uproar and surprised about it.

Though I know there's been a lot of grumbling about not having women in the party. I'm waiting to see what they do with it.

Wonder if they kept the same sex relationship they were planning. Well it's been like what 9 years now? Doubt anything they showed long ago is even still there.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Wonder if they kept the same sex relationship they were planning. Well it's been like what 9 years now? Doubt anything they showed long ago is even still there.
    That rad car is!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fin.../1100-6429527/

I don't really trust Gamespot, but there it is.

Then, Tabata dropped the best indication of the Final Fantasy XV release date yet: "We can certainly say to people: it's not going to be 2017. It's going to be before that."
    <insert sad trombone here>

But wait! There's more! I posted too soon...

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/08/...lly-on-target/

65%
    Considering how just under a year ago they said the game was 55% complete...

<insert even sadder trombone here>
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2015-08-06 at 07:27 PM.

What the hell is taking so long? This better have like 3000 hours of replay time

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    What the hell is taking so long?
    1) Luminous Engine

2) Square Enix

3) Final Fantasy

You combine the 3 and is it a surprise really?

Considering that gamescom will be "all about FF15" and feature "brand new insights into the game" and so on, their showing at gamescom was pathetic.

I keep forgetting about this game...

I really want it to succeed but I'm worried it'll be like FFXIII - very visually impressive but otherwise lacking in depth compared to previous main titles. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised but the FFVII remake has me much more pumped.

So...I played the demo that came with the PS4 version of Type-0 and I have to say I feel like FFXV shows a lot of promise. It played very smoothly, looked very impressive and I quite like the character design of the main protagonists. The game world - what I saw of it - felt very big so if they fill it with random events, hidden side quests and treasures to hunt down then I think it'll be a memorable experience.

Good news, I think: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/develop...tart-to-finish
    "We’re at the point where we can play the game in its entirety from start to finish. The first half of the game is finished with the quality of a final product, and you get the sense you’re playing it in its final form." — Satoshi Kitade

Not really. They basicly said 50% of the game is done according to standards. The rest is just the bare bones