Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    2hrs? Dlc better be $1.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    So apparently the Gladio DLC is about 2 hours long, with some extra modes unlocked when you beat it (time attack etc).
    Gotta say im disapointed. Wasnt all that hyped to begin with but still.. Meh.

On mobile , hassle to link the article. But its on Gamespot iirc.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/11/148...-preview-video

Edit: not GameSpot, Polygon.
    Not liking that. I wanted some meaty story based content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man i'll try it but i've really run out of steam on FFXV already, its staying power with me is kind of poor since it feels so chopped up and half finished in retrospect and this all feels like resources better spent on just making another game.

Hopefully FF16 is less of a shitshow now the last of the 'fabula nova crystalis project' nightmare is over.
    Agree 100%. I liked it for what it was, not my favorite FF, but its okay. But it didnt grab me as much as i expected. Was hoping the DLC would fill the gaps on the story and gameplay but it just seems like something ripped from the game with some japanese arcadey modes tacked on (time attack, scoring etc)

At this point im mildly interested in the multiplayer DLC and thats it.

I haven't bought the season pass yet and I'm just waiting for the Multiplayer DLC to hit.

If its 1/2 of what monster hunter/final fantasy explorer is ill be happy and everything else will be a bonus.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Agree 100%. I liked it for what it was, not my favorite FF, but its okay. But it didnt grab me as much as i expected. Was hoping the DLC would fill the gaps on the story and gameplay but it just seems like something ripped from the game with some japanese arcadey modes tacked on (time attack, scoring etc)

At this point i can say it was pretty and some characters like Ardyn were great, but in every other regard as an open world rpg Nier Automata blows it completely out of the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got this yesterday. It is the worst first impression of any final fantasy I've ever played, I can't say there's one aspect I like, am I best persevering for a few hours or just give up? I'm not saying this game is bad and people shouldn't like it so don't go all fanboy, but I genuinely hated the first 90 minutes of this game and I don't see how it can get better seeing as I despise the characters, the incessant chatting, the combat, the choppy frame pacing and the story.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I got this yesterday. It is the worst first impression of any final fantasy I've ever played, I can't say there's one aspect I like, am I best persevering for a few hours or just give up? I'm not saying this game is bad and people shouldn't like it so don't go all fanboy, but I genuinely hated the first 90 minutes of this game and I don't see how it can get better seeing as I despise the characters, the incessant chatting, the combat, the choppy frame pacing and the story.
    Personally i think a character called Ardyn who shows up in a bit redeems a lot of the story but for the most part what you get at the start is what you are in for for the duration. Its not terrible, certainly not another 13, but compared to other recent SE games like Nier Automata its kind of a pretty mess. Especially the start which at launch was basically just an advert for kingsglaive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally i think a character called Ardyn who shows up in a bit redeems a lot of the story but for the most part what you get at the start is what you are in for for the duration. Its not terrible, certainly not another 13, but compared to other recent SE games like Nier Automata its kind of a pretty mess. Especially the start which at launch was basically just an advert for kingsglaive.
    Cool, I only rented it anyways so I'll just send it straight back and get another one. Really disappointed cos I had a good ten hours this weekend I was going to sink in to it.

I lost interest in FFXV the moment they started adding timed content. The game was clearly unfinished and suffered multiple development issues. The developers say that they want to fix some of those issues and yet they've screwed over quite a lot of people by adding content that is only there on a temporary basis. At least the Gladio stuff is there to stay, even if it is supposedly somewhat short.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I lost interest in FFXV the moment they started adding timed content. The game was clearly unfinished and suffered multiple development issues. The developers say that they want to fix some of those issues and yet they've screwed over quite a lot of people by adding content that is only there on a temporary basis. At least the Gladio stuff is there to stay, even if it is supposedly somewhat short.
    The gladio story is stupid imo. It happens when he leaves the group so he can become stronger but he comes back the same as he always ways except with a new scar, no new strengths. It's really poorly done.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Well i loaded it up to try the new chapter 13 stuff and once again using the english translation was a mistake. The whole thing is a strange anti trump piece, including things like ignis talking about "alternative facts". Dont get me wrong i'm no fan of trump but what the fuck is wrong with the english translation teams for japanese games wanting to use them to push their own political horseshit?

Who the fuck wants to be reminded of the orange combover in chief when playing fucking final fantasy?

Blech, what a goddamn time locked blemish from what was probably another translator who thinks translating= "this is my personal pedestal to alter the original artists work to my tastes" and its so bloody gross.

Well i loaded it up to try the new chapter 13 stuff and once again using the english translation was a mistake. The whole thing is a strange anti trump piece, including things like ignis talking about "alternative facts". Dont get me wrong i'm no fan of trump but what the fuck is wrong with the english translation teams for japanese games wanting to use them to push their own political horseshit?

Who the fuck wants to be reminded of the orange combover in chief when playing fucking final fantasy?

Blech, what a goddamn time locked blemish from what was probably another translator who thinks translating= "this is my personal pedestal to alter the original artists work to my tastes" and its so bloody gross.
    should put it on reddit, it'll probably blow over more there then it'll go into twitter and they might change it
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    should put it on reddit, it'll probably blow over more there then it'll go into twitter and they might change it
    Eh im too old for the constant back and forth bunkum. Its just annoying to see another japanese series i love get translated through a political lens. I cannot speak japanese, that doesnt mean i just want the english to be a completely different thing -especially when the translators in the west are getting really bad about this. Take a look at nintendo treehouse, for 3 zelda games now they have taken sections where the japanese text i story/lore and replaced it with the translators personal politics or a dank meme. Often with them going on social media "thank god i intercepted this problematic content in time so i could alter it so history will remember it fondly". Its not a right vs left or gamgergate vs tumblr deal. Its just simply gross to take an artists work, drag it to the recycling bin and insert your own bullshit completely unrelated to the original content and worse to see so many of these western translator houses actual feel like they are noble wardens of proper culture in doing so.

At this point what does 'translation' even mean in this kind of instance?

Maybe its just being english and not american but the last thing i want is to load up final fantasy and be reminded about donald fucking trump. Sure the tumblr crowd is going "OMG IGNIS IS LITERALLY ME I CANNOT EVEN XDDDD" and mentally high fiving about it as the /pol/ crowd goes nuclear but thats all shit i never wanted to see near Final Fantasy. This modern 'games exist to be my political soapbox" stuff is horrid. Its why Marvel comics is deeply in the shitter after 2 or 3 years of that kind of thing. Games are an escape, not a blog. Or maybe im 'on the wrong side of history' or 'alt right' or whatever the buzzword is nowadays for 'doesnt agree with this sort of thing'.

It's utterly ridiculous. A lot of people play video-games as a form of escapism and to immerse themselves in a setting that isn't the real world. Usually I'm a huge fan of Square Enix's localisation - but in FFXV's case it just comes across as tacky. Compared to FFXII's and FFXIV's wonderful localisation it is severely lacking. Then again, I'm not terribly surprised - this is a game that thought it was a good idea to advertise real world products in a pretty blatant and obvious manner. That it tries to push a biased political agenda simply puts in the same basket as the likes of Mass Effect Andromeda which has also received justified backlash for doing a similar thing.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The only thing I could add is that near the end of the final handful of areas, the game shifts into speedrush story mode, since it forgot to really move the story at all prior.

It leaves the open map idea behind, and aims more to just get the player through to the finish line.

Idk, it's a fine game, for what it has, but it's not really a great FF game. The open world thing wasn't needed, and SE should stop trying to re-re-reinvent the wheel, or make their main series games play like their MMOs.

Eh im too old for the constant back and forth bunkum. Its just annoying to see another japanese series i love get translated through a political lens. I cannot speak japanese, that doesnt mean i just want the english to be a completely different thing -especially when the translators in the west are getting really bad about this. Take a look at nintendo treehouse, for 3 zelda games now they have taken sections where the japanese text i story/lore and replaced it with the translators personal politics or a dank meme. Often with them going on social media "thank god i intercepted this problematic content in time so i could alter it so history will remember it fondly". Its not a right vs left or gamgergate vs tumblr deal. Its just simply gross to take an artists work, drag it to the recycling bin and insert your own bullshit completely unrelated to the original content and worse to see so many of these western translator houses actual feel like they are noble wardens of proper culture in doing so.

At this point what does 'translation' even mean in this kind of instance?

Maybe its just being english and not american but the last thing i want is to load up final fantasy and be reminded about donald fucking trump. Sure the tumblr crowd is going "OMG IGNIS IS LITERALLY ME I CANNOT EVEN XDDDD" and mentally high fiving about it as the /pol/ crowd goes nuclear but thats all shit i never wanted to see near Final Fantasy. This modern 'games exist to be my political soapbox" stuff is horrid. Its why Marvel comics is deeply in the shitter after 2 or 3 years of that kind of thing. Games are an escape, not a blog. Or maybe im 'on the wrong side of history' or 'alt right' or whatever the buzzword is nowadays for 'doesnt agree with this sort of thing'.
    Yep, it was at this point i decided i'm just going to hand inn my copy of the game and don't spend another dime on it.
    Any additional content they add, i rather take a piss on it.

Then you get the fucking idiots moaning about how it's just localization, because removing important dialogue and bits to the story and replacing it with forced political tumblr trash is totally the same as localization, it's fucking sickening, the little respect these people have the for the source material, jesus fuck man.

Save us Xseed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, the PC Master Race can finally stop throwing shade at this game.

Mad there is a spoiler in that trailer. Well kind of. Too much post-processing for me but it does look good.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

I'm sorry what? Oh and you need 170 GB of free space.

I really enjoyed the game, the characters and the brotherhood type feeling, it made it personal. I also really enjoyed the story. That said, I will probably only ever play this game the one time...it's not that good to warrant several play throughs.