Thread: Hunter Buffs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The blink strike nerf alone will solve a lot of issues

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blink Strike nerf is good. But the Hunter buffs don't help. Maybe do another stealth nerf aka Chaos Bolt. Because even if Blink Strikes is nerfed, this can still happen every 20 Seconds from the main pet.

http://www.twitch.tv/reckful/c/2399854
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Blink Strike nerf is good. But the Hunter buffs don't help. Maybe do another stealth nerf aka Chaos Bolt. Because even if Blink Strikes is nerfed, this can still happen every 20 Seconds from the main pet.

Btw the old blink strike was on a 20 second CD with more burst.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Oh my fuck I am so done with the PvP community.

Stampede is literally USELESS, its barely even worth having it as a spell!

Blink strikes is now a waste of a talent as well.

Unless you want Hunters to be low tier damage in PvE then they need to compensate us for the already crippling loss to dps.

This is a step towards sustained damage instead of burst. Regardless the vast majority of the PvP community doesnt even know how to PvP well so its not like I expected any arguments greater than "LOL OP NERF".

Also I dont understand Blizzard, they didnt like Blink Strikes because it was a passive buff to DPS, yet they passively buffed arcane shot and steady shot (ie the only 2 spells a BM hunter actually uses, fun rotations ftw -_-).
    They were over powered before the changes, if the changes made the abilities useless that is a different story. there is a small difference between God Mode and useless and i doubt Blizzard would allow that to happen.

People would bitch less if the DR system was fixed. Clearly broken if you can lose control of your character for 20+ seconds.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

As If we needed anymore proof that Blizz is clueless..............

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    They will still be overpowered. Yes. Thats exactly the problem...
    Get real. These changes buff PVE, and nerf PVP. Which is EXACTLY what was needed. Hunters currently sim the lowest of all pure dps classes. Even with these changes, hunters are still lower than the other pure dps classes. They still need PVE buffs and blizzard has always focused on PVE more than PVP. These changes are all around better for both PVE and PVP.

If you want better PVP balance, there are plenty of games that focus on PVP more. WoW will never be that game, and it's PVP balance is really good considering it's mainly a PVE-focused game. The only way they'll really get it better is a GW2 type approach. Totally different skills for PVP.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-06-11 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Oh my fuck I am so done with the PvP community.

Stampede is literally USELESS, its barely even worth having it as a spell!

Blink strikes is now a waste of a talent as well.

Unless you want Hunters to be low tier damage in PvE then they need to compensate us for the already crippling loss to dps.

This is a step towards sustained damage instead of burst. Regardless the vast majority of the PvP community doesnt even know how to PvP well so its not like I expected any arguments greater than "LOL OP NERF".

Also I dont understand Blizzard, they didnt like Blink Strikes because it was a passive buff to DPS, yet they passively buffed arcane shot and steady shot (ie the only 2 spells a BM hunter actually uses, fun rotations ftw -_-).
    I think your reading the blink strike change wrong. They pet still does 50% more damage with basic attacks, that hasnt changed. Now there is a 20 sec cd on the actual blink, so the only thing this changes is a slight uptime nerf for the pet but since it has a minimum range of 10 yrds its got a built in smart gap closer to it. Between a bm hunter's pets many tools to keep on people, this isnt that bad. Hotfix is an overall buff imo. Which BM DOESNT NEED.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can already taste the tears of PvP'ers.. I've played a hunter in PvP for many years; I find all of this very ironic. I welcome it.
    I like juice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post

It's funny how stupid people are.

It's OBVIOUS that the ret paladin was attacking reckful from ranged aswell. The ret did at least a 50-60k with judgment and multiple other hits. Judgment crit reckful at least and probably holy prism aswell.

The amount of ignorance is strong in this thread. It's as if people don't know that a lot of hunters PvE as well. Yes, the same applies the other way around, but hunters don't need a straight up nerf in PvE.

Sure, we all saw this a long time coming and nerfs was necessary, but you need to offset them in order to make PvE unaffected by these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    The amount of ignorance is strong in this thread. It's as if people don't know that a lot of hunters PvE as well. Yes, the same applies the other way around, but hunters don't need a straight up nerf in PvE.

Sure, we all saw this a long time coming and nerfs was necessary, but you need to offset them in order to make PvE unaffected by these things.
    Blink strike certainly needed to get toned down. Damage adjustments DID NOT need to be made because stampede did not need to be nerfed.

READINESS needed to be nerfed. This will leave hunters ridiculously overpowered. A very VERY minor part of the bigger underlying problem has been fixed. The main problem (three trinkets + doubled dps cds with no drawbacks) will persist very likely into 5.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

they should have buffed rogues instead :>
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    i duno what everyone is upset about.. THESE ARE GREAT CHANGES GUYS!

They increased the focus so its not a free 10% buff - it evens out the changes enough to where it was actually a nerf. Much needed. I havent seen anyone bitching about silencing shot being given to marksman and binding shot taking its place for a talent. I would be more mad about that personally.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Interesting change giving silencing shot to MM only. Arcane shot focus increase is nothing with things like bestial wrath and ToftH.

CC chains from hunter will be less now (a tad bit but still maybe the same for MM).

One thing is for sure though

Everyone just gon get blown up by rets xD

The real reason hunters are so wanted for is there power to chain CC things by themselves and its all instant cast then you add in synergy from other classses like priest fear or cyclone from druids and its just over the top stampede was only a minor problem not the big picture.

Giving silencing shot to MM only is a terrible idea since the CLASS relies on it heavily. A silence/interrupt is a necessity in the PvE end game so removing it is going full retard.

I'll say it a millionth time: REMOVE READINESS FROM BM. That is ALL that's needed. They can even revert the blink strike and stampede hot fixes if they do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Giving silencing shot to MM only is a terrible idea since the CLASS relies on it heavily. A silence/interrupt is a necessity in the PvE end game so removing it is going full retard.

I'll say it a millionth time: REMOVE READINESS FROM BM. That is ALL that's needed. They can even revert the blink strike and stampede hot fixes if they do this.
    I would save the effort it takes to type that. Removing Silencing Shot is complete bull and is going to suck so hard I can't even describe it. They could've at least changed it so that it only works if you successfully interrupt a cast, i.e. it works as an interrupt and not a blanket silence. Then it would stop the mindless play of blanket silencing and doing stupid pressure with cd's up and at least require you to use it at the right time. But as always... Blizzard knows best.

Readiness and what it resets is the big problem, so let's not touch that at all and change something completely different. Blizzard logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    So huh, is this supposed to be a nerf or a buff?
    Well it's SUPPOSED to be 'toning down hunters a bit' but it seems to me like they're more so buffing hunter damage even higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Well it's SUPPOSED to be 'toning down hunters a bit' but it seems to me like they're more so buffing hunter damage even higher.
    Burst got nerfed to hell. Sustained got a ~1.5k buff.