Page 1 of 180
... LastLast

[Megathread] Kingdom Hearts

Currently is to be released in 2018

Up to date trailer:

New theme song sung by returning artist Hikaru Utada

Last edited by zito; 2018-02-13 at 05:52 PM.

Sony totally won E3 for many folks with this.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Sony totally won E3 for many folks with this.
    I am one of those folks

The only time I don't want cross console games is with Kingdom hearts

Stay true sony <3

So, who else plans to get the HD remixes and replay the entire series from start to finish in the months leading up to KH 3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So, who else plans to get the HD remixes and replay the entire series from start to finish in the months leading up to KH 3?
    thinking about it

When I buy a ps4 I will.

I never played birth by sleep (but I did everything else).

10+ Year Old Account
    After all the recent crap by Square Enix, I was totally set to move on and give up on the company completely and then they announce Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III, both for the PS4...

Squeenix, why can't I quit you?

I already replay Kingdom Hearts I and II every couple of years as it is. I am going to get the HD collection for Re:Chain of Memories though. I have the GBA version but hated the battle system. I still have to buy Dream Drop Distance as well. I will totally have to do a marathon leading up to the release of KHIII though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already pre-ordered KH1.5 HD.
    Playing KH2 as we speak, was playing it when I saw the trailer come up for KH3.

I squealed...

Too keen for this game, god I hope it was worth the wait.
    In the meantime I should finally get around to finishing the DS and 3DS versions. I have them both but got bored of them.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Will this thread even be around by the time KH3 actually comes out?

Will this entire forum still be around by then?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    When I buy a ps4 I will.

I never played birth by sleep (but I did everything else).
    What a shame, BBS is easily the second best game in the series behind the original.

What a shame, BBS is easily the second best game in the series behind the original.
    It's because I didn't have a PSP or whatever handheld sony made that it's exclusive too.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    God i cant wait i loved all the kingdom hearts games next year is sooo gonna be epic.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the farmers market with my "so called girl-friend"
    IS anyone else excited by the fact that now Disney owns both Marvel, AND Star War's? Hopefully iconic characters from both will make their way into the KH3 universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Q: What's Black, White and Asian all at the same time?
    A: Pandas. Easing racial tensions since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Nbcall View Post
    IS anyone else excited by the fact that now Disney owns both Marvel, AND Star War's? Hopefully iconic characters from both will make their way into the KH3 universe.
    Sora vs The Living Tribunal. Sora wins, because fuck logic.

And honestly, I wouldn't play the handheld versions if you haven't already. You'll get a way more awesome first time experience for games like Birth By Sleep if you wait for KH 2.5 HD.

I mean, sure, if they decide to be scumbags and not release that in your country/language and it's getting close to the KH 3 release date, then by all means, go ham on the handheld stuff to get caught up with the story.

Well, it looks like I am going to be buying a PS4 after all.

I'm so excited!

And honestly, I wouldn't play the handheld versions if you haven't already. You'll get a way more awesome first time experience for games like Birth By Sleep if you wait for KH 2.5 HD.
    Yea get KH 1.5 and 2.5.

358/2 days isn't really needed to play. The only thing that mattered in that game was the cutscenes which are in 1.5 remix soo....

This trailer was a huge disappointment in my eyes for the following reasons:

1. So short.
    2. First 30 Seconds were like a wall of shame, showcasting all the unnecessary filler games which added nearly to nothing to the series and let it look like they were meaningful. Which they weren't.
    3. Nothing really interesting/new has been shown.
    4. The Gameplay has shown nearly to nothing.
    5. The Words "Now in Development". Like, we waited like how many years for this? Well, good to know that you are starting development now, thanks! We know how much time you like to take with developing (looking at you, FF15 formerly known as FF Versus 13)

In short, the only thing that trailer gave us was saying: Yo, KH3 is going to happen, like there was ever any doubt about that, but you sat on your PS3 in vain cause it's for PS4. Thank you for waiting though and thank you for keeping on waiting.

Sorry, but in this case, no Trailer and an official Statement would have made me happier than this abomination.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking foreward to KH3, waiting for it for years now, but the way Squeenix is treating it's fans these days just makes me sad and mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post

1. So short.
    2. First 30 Seconds were like a wall of shame, showcasting all the unnecessary filler games which added nearly to nothing to the series and let it look like they were meaningful. Which they weren't.
    5. The Words "Now in Development". Like, we waited like how many years for this? Well, good to know that you are starting development now, thanks! We know how much time you like to take with developing (looking at you, FF15 formerly known as FF Versus 13)

In short, the only thing that trailer gave us was saying: Yo, KH3 is going to happen, like there was ever any doubt about that, but you sat on your PS3 in vain cause it's for PS4. Thank you for waiting though and thank you for keeping on waiting.

Sorry, but in this case, no Trailer and an official Statement would have made me happier than this abomination.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking foreward to KH3, waiting for it for years now, but the way Squeenix is treating it's fans these days just makes me sad and mad.
    It's not a trailer, it's a teaser.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post

1. So short.

If it was the actual trailer you might have a point. The lead designer of KH was moved to FF15 so KH3 had to take a backburner in which the handheld games were implemented to fill in the holes of the story and bull shit if you think they were unnecessary.

The only one that might be unnecessary is 358/2 days but dream drop and birth were needed.

ABOUT. GOD. DAMN. TIME. this is one of the titles that got me into console games. and now that they are coming out with the HD versions of pretty much all the games short of the newest one, I'm for sure going to play through the whole saga leading up to KH3. should we start speculating on the worlds that will be in it? my money on wreck it Ralph being there to make this shit META.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If it was the actual trailer you might have a point. The lead designer of KH was moved to FF15 so KH3 had to take a backburner in which the handheld games were implemented to fill in the holes of the story and bull shit if you think they were unnecessary.

The only one that might be unnecessary is 358/2 days but dream drop and birth were needed.
    I give you Birth By Sleep, that one was actually good and reasonable. But most of the other games were unneeded apart from some sequences, sometimes the end and some secret scenes.