Deleted

Occasional fps drops with browser open on 2nd screen.

Right, I'm usually keeping a browser open on my secondary screen while playing wow, but occasionally I'm getting noticable fps drops (from 100 to 30-ish), problem fixes itself when minimizing browser or hovering around the 'show desktop' option in win7 every now and then (usually comes back after a good 15-ish minutes or something while doing that, though)

Other things, including running diablo 3/second application of wow do not duplicate the issue, anything I could do to fix this?, using mozilla firefox as my browser, plugged my 2nd monitor into my slave 690 and the primary monitor into the master. (running 2x gtx690's)

Thanks for any input in advance.

edit: also, not getting the same issue in most other games I've played with this setup. (Tera, diablo, mass effect 3 namely, pretty much just wow ><)
    Last edited by mmoc8ecf0a3307; 2013-06-11 at 03:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try see if it does the same thing with other browsers.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    just tried chrome, indeed it does.

Deleted
    I've got the same issue, using WoW and chrome will after a while reduce my FPS to a 3rd of normal.

I had the same problem, I could fix it for my by disabling hardware acceleration in firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I had the same problem, I could fix it for my by disabling hardware acceleration in firefox.
    I strongly recommend against disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox. One of the aspects of hardware acceleration (via GPU) in Firefox is to to improve text clarity, much like Microsoft Windows ClearType.

In the following comparisons, the top image has hardware acceleration disabled:

In the second comparison, the effect of hardware acceleration is most apparent in the words 'same' and 'my'.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-06-11 at 10:53 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yurano stop fucking with my vision it's not a toy.