Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.4 nerfs GoAK for Ret... Most people missed it only stacks to 12 instead of 20

So it's actually a nerf.

us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158897/

I don't think anyone missed it. It's not like they were going to give us a flat 40% buff...

It's not a nerf, it's approx damage neutral, bordering on a slight buff due to:
    1) more casts per fight
    2) more casts per fight sync'd with CDs
    3) more buffed ES's/trinket proc windows.

Sky is not falling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Lines up with skull banner everytime.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

10+ Year Old Account
    They reduced the amount it stacks to by 40%, but also reduced the cooldown by 40%. The burst it provides will go down, but the overall damage increase it provides should go up (due to lining up with Avenging Wrath more often, and being more likely to be usable an additional time during a fight).

For PvE, at least. I guess it'd simply be a burst nerf for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I don't think anyone missed it. It's not like they were going to give us a flat 40% buff...

It's not a nerf, it's approx damage neutral, bordering on a slight buff due to:
    1) more casts per fight
    2) more casts per fight sync'd with CDs
    3) more buffed ES's/trinket proc windows.

Sky is not falling.
    It's actually not a nerf or damage neutral. The increase comes from more Guardian melee hits. The other part is neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    It's actually not a nerf or damage neutral. The increase comes from more Guardian melee hits. The other part is neutral.
    Should have clarified the "it" as being 40% reduction in stacks commensurate with 40% reduction in cooldown as being mathematically neutral.

I agree, and stated, that it's actually a net increase (due to stacking reasons and more frequent uses).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Its not a nerf. Its an great attempt to actually fix ret

Deleted
    Yeah well as Reith mentioned it's very much a sustained damage increase. Assuming they don't nerf his autoattacks.

And I guess our initial burst got nerfed. 8% Strength - Meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope most of us didn't missed it and no it's not a nerf it's basically a buff because 3 mins cd = can be used more than just twice in a 10 mins long fight which is awesome in my personal opinion. Also it's very good buff for challenge mode golden runs because most of the times if you wanna run as retri for golden medal challenge mode you barely can use the guardian twice...but with this change it can be much more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReesePieces View Post
    5.4 nerfs GoAK for Ret... Most people missed it only stacks to 12 instead of 20 /
    I didn't. We're animals of habit so we resist change. I as well don't like the change from 20 to 12.. But oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Yeah I think some people haven't noticed that MoP guardian melees way harder than Cata guardian. Also, in PvP it's even more of a buff since due to CC and kiting, getting stacks all the way up takes a while, so you don't get the max stacks for very long anyway.

Edit: Oh and in case people in this thread haven't had anything to facepalm about today, this is just a reminder that it took them this long to make this needed change literally because they didn't want very shiny animations on people's screens for very long.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2013-06-13 at 09:01 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    when i went on the PTR to test my damage with all the changes i was quite surprised. unbuffed on a heroic dummy the guardian was doing close to 7% of my total damage over the course of 4 uses on each test, (ran about 5 or 6 of them but it was a considerable amount of damage the lil guy was putting out.)

While this is great, the only patch note I really want to see related to Guardian is this:

*Guardians of Ancient Kings suddenly remembered they can fly. This would have been helpful to know earlier.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    indeed guardian is fine , dont worry about the 12stacks part, also 60sec inq is a buff too, new tiers 4set is what really disapoints me at the moment hope it changes...

I think OP have missed that the Guardian does insane damage on his own, with or without the extra strength.

So lets talk about that set bonus.

It really irks me when people see the negative side without taking the positive side into account.

Guardian hits like an absolute beast and cant be cced.

Having him out more often...Hell yeah I say!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Guardian hits like an absolute beast and cant be cced.

Having him out more often...Hell yeah I say!
    He needs to learn how to jog!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    He needs to learn how to jog!
    Yeah he's pretty easy to kite. Also, while this is totally a great buff, for those who want to mope, you can also be sad about Ancient Fury being very weak now with only 12 stacks.