Deleted

is this team ready for heroics?

Hey Guys,

I am currently not 100% sure if its wise to switch to heroic raiding with my raid. We downed lei shen but we just raid 2 days a week that's why I don't want to waste time.My feeling says yes but I know we have some players on the raid who perform bad. Just would like to hear another opinion. I have linked our last raid id

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/126235/

You should try it. Kill jinrokh frist of course. Only try so much that you can clear the raid aswell.

Now this tier is quite good for guilds like yours. After jinrokh you can go for jikun, so when you try him you already have almost cleared have the raid. Now after that you could go Ironqon, so you already almost cleared the entire raid. Time management wil be alot easier. IF you start with jinrokh>horridon>tortos you might have some problems clearing every Lookout.

Deleted
    We're in the same situation basically, also starting heroics after having killed Lei Shen, raiding 2 nights x 2.5 hours.

We had an alt saved to a Tortos kill. So we spend about 1 hour on Jin'rokh hc for 2 weeks and then just clear the place, using our saved alt's extension to kill Megaera and beyond. Most importantly we got a few more people with 4 set bonuses now.

For next reset we decided we won't clear it anymore. We'll just stay at Jin'rokh till it's dead. With the progress we had in the past he should fall over fast now. Then it's Ji-Kun. (Our biggest problem at the moment is the attendance boss :-))

Deleted
    To be honest, i'd say that for a huge majority of the heroics, with the exception of maybe jinrokh, i'd say no. The numbers your raiders are putting out simply aren't enough, especially for the later heroics. They need to improve by a pretty large margin; fights like horridon or tortos are going to result in a lot of fast wipes due to a lack of focused add dps

Glancing at logs, Heroic Jinrokh looks like it would be fine, but as 25m I don't feel comfortable telling you that you'd be capable of doing Horridon / Tortos / Ji-Kun on that schedule.

I would give it maybe an hour and see where you stand, if you want to push you can. You should leave enough time where your raid is comfortable to clear ( if you need the gear )

Deleted
    thank you for your input , i think ill consider trying Jin rokh and see how it plays out

I'd do Ji'kun before jin'rokh to be honest. Jin'rokh has a lot of frustrating rng but Ji'kun is very predictable.

Your success in heroics will depend on people reading up and understanding the fights before you start to pull if you are on such a limited schedule. If you get people to do their homework and consider their talents / utilities as they relate to a fight then you will have more success.

Deleted
    Jin'rokh is pretty straight forward on HC , the biggest problem are the lighting balls during the lighting phase.
    if lots of people die on it, have them lower their graphic settings, thats what i do for this fight cause i kept dieing by things that didnt even show or that showed to be dodged but i hadnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most heroic raiders I've talked with, our guild included. JinRokh is easy as a heroic compared to any of the others. I would get him down, figure out who is next and focus on it. JinKun took us a long time but with persistence and gear (we cleared every week) we eventually got it.

I honestly wouldn't block your raiders from getting gear, clearing might be that one piece that will help your tank or healer perform that extra 10% that is needed.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

The only way to get better is to do something too hard for you. Good luck.

Deleted
    Of course those numbers look low to HC raiders with ilvl 545. 160k dps in normal is not bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jin'rokh shouldn't be an issue. So shouldn't be ji-kun. If you work out the mechanics, it should be fine.

We tried Horridon last night. Not enough DPS to get the first elite down before the rest on 2nd door (sample of longest Horridon HC try). So we decided to take on Iron Qon and start working on it .

But if you have Jin'rokh and ji-kun down, you can and maybe even should give few goes on Horridon/Tortos, just to see how far you get. If you feel that you lack DPS, take on Iron Qon as your third boss

GL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Jin'rokh shouldn't be an issue. So shouldn't be ji-kun. If you work out the mechanics, it should be fine.

We tried Horridon last night. Not enough DPS to get the first elite down before the rest on 2nd door (sample of longest Horridon HC try). So we decided to take on Iron Qon and start working on it .

But if you have Jin'rokh and ji-kun down, you can and maybe even should give few goes on Horridon/Tortos, just to see how far you get. If you feel that you lack DPS, take on Iron Qon as your third boss

GL.
    Your problem in a nutshell is you are trying to 3 heal a fight that is a 2 heal encounter.

More dps = less damage from adds. 3 healing means you need superb dps on progress. We wiped more on Iron Qon than horridon btw. Don't be fooled by the people here that say its completely faceroll.

I'd agree with Deja on doing Ji-kun before Jin'rokh. While Jin'rokh is a simple fight once you've gotten it down, it's still the first boss in the instance, and still quite difficult for many people. The only difference for heroic Ji-kun that you have to make is sending a tank into certain nests - for Jin'rokh, you have to teach everyone about the ionizations and how to dodge the lightning balls.

I'd also like to agree again with Deja about Iron Qon. I'm not sure if the 25 man version is much different from the 10, but the enrage is pretty strict on that fight, and it's definitely not a fight that you want to go into without having people who are excellent at mechanics. In 10 man, we only had a single death going into the Qon+dogs phase, and we wiped with 40 mil left. That being said, we were two tanking it, but had 4 people at, above, or within a minuscule margin of 130k dps when 116k is all that is needed.

My opinion: Ji-kun > Jin'rokh > Horridon > Tortos > Qon > Consorts > Durumu > Primordius > Megaera > Council > Animus > Lei Shen > Ra-den

Quote Originally Posted by tmil93 View Post
    My opinion: Ji-kun > Jin'rokh > Horridon > Tortos > Qon > Consorts > Durumu > Primordius > Megaera > Council > Animus > Lei Shen > Ra-den
    They're 25man not 10man, put Megaera and Council somewhere around Qon and Consorts level. Primordius is also probably easier to prog on @ 2nights than Durumu.