Deleted

Retri paladin stat prio

So I've just rerolled a paladin as they got buffed immensly in 5.3 with the 15% buff to Sword of Light(right?)

Anyhow I'm concerned about the stat priority on my character as every website I see says go haste to infinity and beyond.
    Apart from the icy-veins guide where it says that sub 496ish you should go for strength.

However I got 502 ilvl with a few tank pieces and I simmed my character and found out that 1 point of strength was better than 2 points of haste, exact weights were 3.84 strength and 1.56 haste.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dwall/advanced This is the link to my character and please tell if you spot any mistakes.

Dont look at the enchants or gems as I know wich ones to replace already. But looking at the gear in general, what is it causing strength to be better? If it's even better at all.

EDIT: I did replace the bad enchants/gems in the simulation so as I said, dont bother them

Thanks in advance /Solidwall

Simcraft should often be taken with a grain of salt. It's nice, but it isn't always super accurate. How many iterations did you sim at? I assume you used full raid buffs, etc. Haste is probably better for you. You'll use your JC gems for strength, but the rest should be haste. You should replace some of those purple gems with either haste/stam, or pure haste if it outweighs the socket bonus(ie 3x haste in your belt), because you are significantly over hit cap.

Just simmed your character and ran 10k iterations with full buffs and I got 3.77 str to 1.81 haste for your character, which surprised me quite a bit. Having said that I'd still go with haste simply because it makes the feel of ret SO MUCH better on top of it probably being as good as str. I'll echo what Rev said and drop a ton of that hit, that 4% over cap is the most glaring issue I can see

Sims said the same for my paladin until I got t15 4 piece then haste shot up a ridiculous amount.

Deleted
    I wrote an exact post on icy-veins forum and got a pretty good answer there. He said that I should go with haste just as you are suggesting but that it isnt worth replacing the gems on my current gear but to go with haste on future upgrades.

But when it comes to the playstyle I actually prefer getting the base stats as I prefer big hits rather than fast ones, we're not rogues here

But when I get into our alt-runs on wednesday I'll see if I can get some upgrades to put haste in. Thanks for the answers, they were helpful.

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 07:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    You should replace some of those purple gems with either haste/stam, or pure haste if it outweighs the socket bonus(ie 3x haste in your belt), because you are significantly over hit cap.
    I'm really trying not to sound like a total douche but I said dont look at the gems, I havent had time to log in yet. Other than that I appreciate that you tried to help me.