10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, that was just a WTF reveal. I actually would have honestly preferred someone like Shovel Knight over Cloud.

Don't get me wrong, Cloud as a fighter is AWESOME.....if this was PlayStation All-Stars. Cloud in Smash makes less then zero sense. He has been in what, the handheld Kingdom Hearts and the Theatrythm games? I tried to except the inclusion of Snake and Sonic's non-Nintendo crap they threw into Brawl and 4, but there has got to be a limit to this stuff. The series should still respect its Nintendo All-Star/dream match roots and the guest characters should at-least try to reflect that, not just thrown in for popularity sake. This is honestly the worst reveal they have done to me. This is almost Goku in Smash levels of bullshit.

Cecil would have made the most sense for a FF rep, seen the most time on Nintendo systems with FF4 getting at least 4 retail releases and is arguably the most famous FF character from the pre-disc games. Hell Crono would have been a much better choice, still reps Square and is both "retro" and well beloved. Fuck I would have just taken a Dragon Quest slime.

Well I guess at least this means there will be a sick remix of the FF7 boss theme included...

GAH! THAT TRAILER RUSTLES MY JIMMIES EVEN MORE! Everything about his stage, his moves, his final smash, including the limit break system....all of it is PERFECT! But NOT in Smash! My mind is so full of fuck right now, its like looking at a cyborg Hitler riding a T-Rex, you know its shit and should hate it, but then it goes and has to be so awesome about it.

GOD DAMN FUCKING COMMANDER SHEPARD WOULD LITERALLY MAKE MORE SENSE IN SMASH!
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2015-11-13 at 07:29 AM.

Uh, Nintendo. I believe you made a spelling mistake when you asked SquareEnix for a character to use in Brawl. I'm pretty sure you don't spell Geno as Cloud. You silly bastards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snake fans be like.

- - - Updated - - -

We are getting the ballot soon and maybe a few other DLC characters. So I am not upset at all by cloud being the big reveal. Did you not see the 3ds games coming out? Looks like Nintendo is working with Square again big time.

Sure square has made games for Nintendo, but this looks like a big square lineup with all of their games set up and ready to go. I expect more on the NX now.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Looks like Nintendo is working with Square again big time.

Sure square has made games for Nintendo, but this looks like a big square lineup with all of their games set up and ready to go. I expect more on the NX now.
    Or they, you know, simply paid Square to get Cloud for Smash Bros to attract more PS owners to the Wii-U.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Last time Nintendo fans did that was with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on Gamecube...

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on Gamecube...
    I actually enjoyed that game a lot. What happened to its sequel?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    This is almost Goku in Smash levels of bullshit.
    Personally I'm fine with Cloud although I would of preferred Cecil myself too, but if Goku is ever added that is when I draw the line.

The reason being is Goku is simply not a video game character. Yes, he's been in video games before, but his primary medium is not video games, it's not where he primary was, and it certainly isn't his origination.

I'd be the saltiest of salts.

Another alternative they could have used instead of Cloud:

Crono.

You know...that guy from the best RPG that Squaresoft ever made? Yeah.....him.

And it make satiate the Goku wanters, since his art style is also Akira Toriyama.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post

Crono.

And it make satiate the Goku wanters, since his art style is also Akira Toriyama.
    You know what

You're right

Chrono would have been a better choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can we not have Simon Belmont? Or Bayonetta? Or Viewtiful Joe? Or Wonder Red/Blue from the Wonderful 101? Cecil from Final Fantasy 4? Isaac from the Golden Sun series? Or even Juno and Vela from Jet Force Gemini. I mean really what is Nintendo thinking with these character choices? First Shovel Knight then Cloud? Nintendo does realize that it has many other characters to choose from that would be a much better choice and who are much more deserving of being in Smash. I love Cloud don't get me wrong but he does NOT belong in Smash. At this point you might as well add in Sora from Kingdom Hearts and have Goofy and Donald come in to help Sora for his Final Smash. Super Smash bros. was meant for Nintendo or Nintendo affiliated characters like Simon Belmont and Ryu. Putting characters like Cloud steers away from what Super Smash bros. was all about. I mean you also might as well make this a multi-platform game if we're going to be adding in random characters now.

This is just stupid. I mean if you want to add all these characters fine but don't make it a Nintendo exclusive anymore and just make it a video game character brawling game.

- - - Updated - - -

Crono.

Yeah see there you go. They choose Cloud over Crono. A Squaresoft character that made Nintendo lots of money. Nope lets pick Cloud it's the more sensible option. You remember that one Final Fantasy game with Cloud in it on the NES? Gameboy? SNES? N64? Gameboy Color? Gameboy Advance? Gamecube? Nintendo DS/3DS? Wii? Wii U? Yeah me neither.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

just because its the last smash focused direct doesnt mean its the last smash dlc. this late into its life and with the smash ballot ending theyres not really much they can do to fill a whole direct. they can easily just pop out a "hey lookit wots comin nao" trailer or mix it in with othrer directs like cloud.

this will probably be the last BIG update though and the rest will just be 1 or two things here or there every once in awhile
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Crono.

Yeah, literally almost anyone else would of made more sense.

I still don't think it's a bad choice though. If they gave Square any choice, of course they'd pick their poster child. That's assuming it isn't based off of the popularity vote though.

I find it a bit interesting too that within the last few months the director of Final Fantasy I believe said if they could make any game, they'd want to make a Legend of Zelda game.

On a current smash note though, I'm loving playing Donkey Kong. Down B in air is hilarious to spike with, because it's just like gentle pats to death.

I personally find smash to be kind of boring, I always thought it was because I never found a character I really liked, hopefully Cloud changes this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    I personally find smash to be kind of boring, I always thought it was because I never found a character I really liked, hopefully Cloud changes this
    There are over 50 characters in Smash 4. If you don't like any of them then I doubt Cloud will change your mind.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I actually enjoyed that game a lot. What happened to its sequel?
    The first Crystal Chronicles was great, then the handheld ones were mediocre and the Wii one was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    The first Crystal Chronicles was great, then the handheld ones were mediocre and the Wii one was terrible.
    Yea I looked into it. The original needs an HD remake. With the touch screen it can go so smoothly and with online party now a thing. Or at least on the eshop.

I think I might still have it

I for one like Cloud. I never really thought he was on the table, so I never went and championed him, but this is the first DLC character (or DLC anything, at least for SSB) I've felt the actual urge to buy. Lucas, Roy, Mewtwo, I've got games on the shelf, I can Smash with them whenever I feel like it. Ryu, I've never been a big Street Fighter fan. But man, I played the hell out of FFVII back in the day. I had the PC version, never owned a PlayStation. And the full four disc imported soundtrack that set me back $50 at a time where I had a coin bank as my source of income. No regrets. Cloud is my boy.

I stopped playing Smash 4 largely on the basis of my disgust for what they did to Ridley, and that the single player mode is ridiculously repetitive, which the roster bloated with nobodies who happen to be new and hip does not help. But now I'm planning on getting it out again. Such is the power of Cloud with me. Others' mileage may vary.

While we're all waiting for the next smash update in Dec., A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES (melee) : http://www.20xx.me/

Looks solid. Get hype, let your local TO's know.

10+ Year Old Account

In b4 Sakurai retires