Finally got some non lagging matches and did pretty well as Rosalina. So I don't 100% suck. I think my new mains right now are Rosalina, Olimar and Lucina. I'm working on my Olimar. I forgot how much I loved the pikmin franchise in general (just got pikmin 3, fantastic fucking game. How is it possible that it's better then 1 and 2?). I really love his zoning style, gotta work on my aim though.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    HAHAHA! Holy shit... its like they took my RL friends qq and turned it into a song. STOP STOP STOP! STOP! As I air combo them... shit that was funny.

Anyone on here with good internet add me, looking for more active players as people are starting to fall off.

----> Wii u name: somedsguy

Lol fought this toon link, he launched me in the air (I'm rosalina) and I down air and luma KOs him at like 90%. When he re-spawned he just stood there like "WTF"

Of course later I lost when I tried to up B into the ledge but for some reason I go past it and he up smashes me. Fucking stages I swear.
    Last edited by zito; 2015-03-01 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I forgot how much I loved the pikmin franchise in general (just got pikmin 3, fantastic fucking game. How is it possible that it's better then 1 and 2?). I really love his zoning style, gotta work on my aim though.
    Hmm you think so? It's better than 1 for sure, but I liked 2 a lot more. 3 is way too easy imo, I lose more pikmin fighting the jumping frogs than I do the bosses. And it's too story driven for my tastes, I've always liked a very simplistic story for games like pikmin.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    Hmm you think so? It's better than 1 for sure, but I liked 2 a lot more. 3 is way too easy imo, I lose more pikmin fighting the jumping frogs than I do the bosses. And it's too story driven for my tastes, I've always liked a very simplistic story for games like pikmin.
    Yea I thought it was better then 2. The story is just as simple in 3 imo, it's just more detailed (bigger budget and team I imagine). The puzzles are really nice and the bosses are not too bad. I agree 2 probably had better bosses and I miss white and purple pikmin but 3 is pretty great.

Also I hate Louie. I always hated him ever since he was introduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Duck Hunt trio > everyone

Ok I am def getting better. Fought a good lucina with excellent counters. Down throwed her and went into up air as rosalina and she counters and I just float there till it ends and then smash her face in with the delayed up air. Also I edge guarded her perfectly, fell off and then foward aired her so she couldn't reach with her recover.

I lost some matches against her too, but mostly because of stage gimping myself (you know when you up b and you go towards the ledge and go right past it and fall to your death).

These stages fucking suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah I am getting so good at her! People think they can down air into my up air as rosalina and i'm like nope get wrecked. 2 people got butt hurt that they rolled rosalina to try and spite me? Easy pickings.

10+ Year Old Account
    My soundtrack came in the mail today! I totally forgot about it and was like "what the heck is this package?"

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you got it. By the time I got around to remember to register my two copies for Mewtwo it was already past the deadline for the soundtrack

I keep trying to play olimar like I play Rosalina. No Zito Pikmin will not fucking down air foes when you are grabbed.

- - - Updated - - -

how do you make tags for the 3ds version? I can't seem to find the option to change my name and such.

Not to self, do more Nair to the ground and less Fair to the ground as rosalina.

Also main update. I've been trying to figure out a 3rd main next to Luma (I fucking main Luma [best quote ever by acestarthe3rd the best rosalina player ever]) and olimar. First I tried lucina but I fucking hate that marth and lucina have to space and jump all the time, short hops I can not do on the 3DS. Same thing went with shulk, his best moves are short hop Nairs and such.

So in an unexpected twist my current 3rd main is... Mr. Game and Watch. How the fuck was he voted 2nd worst on the tier list? This guy is a monster, Up smash has invincibility and back air has priority over anything with it's disjoints. And judgement is just luz. I think he's B-/C+ not bottom tier.

Apparently he is the 2nd lightest character next to Jigglypuff but it does not show at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Any kind of tier list before EVO you can safely ignore. I mean sure there are some clear indications but i would say that it is still to early to put everyone in a clear cut tier.
    besides I don't think the smashboards community has a tier list so far and past tier lists have come from them so there you go.
    The problem with Game&Watch is that he is gimmicky as hell in my opinion, but when it works out it works out and personally I can't seem to be able to handle him all too well.

He's not actually a gimmic, the best way to describe him is basic. He has nothing that stands out like Luma or KO punch but he excels in the standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judgement could be described as gimmicky no? But yeah you're right, basic is a much better word for his complete kit. However I would not say he "excels" in the standards, not bad mind you, but to excel is too much praise in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Judgement could be described as gimmicky no? But yeah you're right, basic is a much better word for his complete kit. However I would not say he "excels" in the standards, not bad mind you, but to excel is too much praise in my mind.
    I wouldn't call judgement gimmickying, more like risky and back air, dash attack out prioritize a lot and Up smash has invincibility while his recovery is one of the best in the game. He excels at the basics.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with all of those moves is that all of them are completely unsafe on shield, therefore easily punished. His grab range is bad, his range could be better, has shitty projectiles and his speed is lacking as well. Now I'm not entirely sure on grab follow-ups he might be fine in that regard. Still when hear I about a character that supposedly excels at he basics all of these shortcomings simply don't exist and he would be the strongest character of the game. Simply because of said mastery of the core mechanics of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add that without getting lucky on Judgement he actually has quite the trouble closing out a stock and when you are on top of that one of the lightest characters in the game and the other guy has aura? yeah that can get rough

Ah excel wasn't the right word. More like well rounded. His down fall is the grab range and he doesn't have something he excels at like captain falcon being a little bitch or shieks speed and doesn't have something like luma to make up for it. But he's not bottom tier

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking about it, who actually IS worse than him? With aura being so hugely important having reliable/safe kill options is as well and he has like, close to none at all. Makes him a fairly low tier character sadly, upper low tier but still low.

- - - Updated - - -

Characters that I consider worse would be Mii Gunner/Swordfighter, WFT, Palutena without customs.

Little mac, ganondorf, ddd, Kirby are pretty bad imo

10+ Year Old Account
    All those heavyweights do have the advantage of being able to kill very very early thanks to them being heavy weights and the aura/rage mechanic. Now this doesn't mean they are good characters. It's just I would place them above G&W.
    And DDD is actually a fairly decent character. For a heavyweight he has great recovery and his range is even bigger than some of the sword users' range.
    Agreed on Kirby though. His strengths are completely outperformed by Jigglypuff and I honestly don't see any redeeming qualities.